Utah Guns Forum banner

Oak Harbor City Council 1-15-2012 2nd Amendment

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  RustyShackleford 
#1 ·
Saw this on Youtube and haven't seen it here before so I thought I would share. I did a quick search but didn't find anything related. Hopefully this isn't a repost since it looks like the event is about a year old. This guy seems to act how I hope we would all act. Respectful and honest but not about to back down.

#2 ·
Thanks for sharing. That councilman was such a baby! Who walks out of a meeting because they did not get what they want? The resident has my respect, although if i were to be picky i would have rather he not have conditioned his ability to carry on his weapons experience. Good American.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk HD

#3 ·
Wise words from the Mayor. I'm not sure it was necessary for himt to appologize for 4 minutes, but he came back to what matters: those in government took an oath to support the constitution.

#4 ·
RoccoRacer said:
Wise words from the Mayor. I'm not sure it was necessary for himt to appologize for 4 minutes, but he came back to what matters: those in government took an oath to support the constitution.
Yeah, he was a slow talker.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk HD

#5 ·
Was I the only one that noticed that the attorney didn't answer the question on the legality of the armed citizen, but on the timing of the motion? I was very glad to see the mayor and most of his council members stood for the constitution. The gentleman carrying the firearm (gun) handled him self very smart.

#7 ·
ingfam03 said:
Was I the only one that noticed that the attorney didn't answer the question on the legality of the armed citizen, but on the timing of the motion? I was very glad to see the mayor and most of his council members stood for the constitution. The gentleman carrying the firearm (gun) handled him self very smart.
The lawyer took the easy out at first. I'm sure because he is well versed in meeting law but not clearly up on firearm law. However, I think he did later state that the motion (by the hoopla-phobic councilman) would not be appropriate, binding (legal) or pass muster (but he used lawyer speak).
I'm guessing that the later part of the meeting when the mayor was speaking on this, was after all other business was done...at least I hope they didn't run fleeing with the councilman because there was only a fraction of the people still in attendance when the mayor made the speech.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.