Utah Guns Forum banner

Next Step Defensive Pistol Class - March 16, 2013

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Roach 
#1 ·
There is a Next Step Defensive Pistol class on March 16, 2013 @ 9:00am at the PMAA range. Directions, information, class requirements and registration links are here: http://www.realworldpds.com/ClassInformation.html

This course is designed to take a new concealed firearm permit holders to the next level of competency with their defensive firearm. We cover marksmanship fundamentals, defensive gun handling and retention, drawing and shooting from concealment, malfunction drills and re-loads, combat accuracy and environmental awareness. We train real world shooting scenarios, and introduce moving while shooting, shooting from different positions, as well as cornering and shoot/no-shoot drills, and more. This is also a great class for more experienced shooters to maintain and hone your skills.

Please dress in layers appropriate to the weather. Please pack a lunch, or fast food is 15 minutes away in Park City.

Returning Next Step students get in for half price. PM me with any questions.

Mark

See less See more
#3 ·
If I had more ammo on hand and my wife and I hadn't both totaled our vehicles since we got married two months ago, I'd be there. As it sits, it just isn't going to happen.

We'll see what the rest of the month holds... maybe I can make it to the advanced class in April.

#6 ·
Load the extra magazines tonight! More time to shoot. Looks like the weather will hold. See you boys and girls on the range in the morning.

#7 ·
It was beautiful weather on Saturday. Perfect day to get in some shooting. We had a great group of shooters that all progressed nicely throughout the day. This class introduces a lot of concepts and skills in a short amount of time, and our group did well to learn and execute to their best ability.

Our next Next Step class will be on June 15th: forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=17161

For those ready to move to the Advanced Pistol Skills class, it's on the schedule: forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=16491

For more information, or to register for a class: http://www.realworldpds.com/Class-Information.html

#8 ·
The class was very educational, I learned so many things it is hard to keep track of the all. It was tons of fun also. A whole new experience for me having primarily only handled my pistol at the shooting ranges. My personal feeling is that it was an EXCELLENT training at a very reasonable price. The instructors were very knowledgeable and willing to share freely with us. I appreciated that we were treated like responsible adults. I know I am not very articulate but it was a really enjoyable class. I would recommend it to anyone.

As it was pretty clear to me that I had about the worst aim in the group and was the slowest, I have plenty to work on. I will definitely be taking this class again. I don't feel like I would be ready for the advanced class after only taking this class once but plan to take it as many times as necessary. I am already planning on signing up for the class again in June.

A big thank you to the instructors and also my fellow class mates it was a really good experience.

#9 ·
Having taken the "Next Step Defensive Pistol Class" taught by Mark Oyler and Brant Taylor this past weekend (March 16) I'd have to say it was a great opportunity for me relearn skills I'd forgotten while putting some "snap" back into how I executed other skills I hadn't practiced in a while. And, it was just plain fun hanging out with other likeminded folks and the camaraderie of practicing and learning together. As "punchking" already pointed out, Mark and Brant were great instructors and their eagerness to teach was only surpassed by their eagerness for us to learn and understand what they had taught.

Now I can't wait for the advanced class coming up in April! :eat:

Whether you've just got your CFP permit and have some range time under your belt and ready to take your game to the next level or you're a seasoned practitioner looking to dust the cobwebs off of your rusty defensive handgun skills, I'd have to say the class is worth every penny. I'd highly recommend it.

#10 ·
What a great way to spend a saturday. Mark and Brandt were excellent instructors and the information came fast and continous. The lecture time was informative, entertaining, and sobering. The shooting drills were purposeful, and increased in excitment levels through out the day. Absolute eye openers for me. I think the things learned here are vital for those who choose to carry, and the manner in which they teach just can't be done in Doug's basement.

This class is for anyone who carries, at just about any level of shooting experience (I think Mark might say here "Take the dry fire class if you are a true rookie...")

I've signed up for the advanced class, and am looking forward to April 20th.

And BTW to those who were there, Thanks for the company, cheers, and laughs. I look forward to seeing you at next class.

BIll

Brant yells: "RED! BLUE!"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.