Summer Picnic Proposal

A place for members to plan events and activities that other members may be interested in. Shoots, BBQ's, etc.

Summer Picnic Proposal

Postby Cinhil » Wed 07 Mar 2007 7:08 am

After several years we have grown significantly. I propose that now is the time to seek a park where we could reserve a saturday for a barbecue and mingle. This would give us all a chance to get to know our friends we have met online and get to know our membership better.
I also propose that we look into the option of getting local gun dealers involved by inviting them and perhaps having a couple of raffles for ccw pistols--say at 10-20$'s per ticket. These would have to be picked up at the dealership so that law could be observed. This would be a great opportunity for us. We could even invite Fox News to cover the picnic.
Or we could begin having monthly activities at one of the local ranges, which would need plenty of parking to accommodate our needs. This might be able to be done at a reduced price for members on that day. This would also give us an opportunity to get the word out about our community forum and solicit more membership.
Cost for the picnic could be 5$ to cover meat and possible park fees. Members could then be responsible for drinks, chips desserts and other salads. Leftover funds could be used for ccw classes, hunter education or political action or other various related items, or be put in a fund for future barbecues or events.
What would be the desire amongst members for this type of activity? It is something already being done with great success for the Missouri concealed carry site members as well as others across the nation.
Lets get involved and get to know each other better.
Last edited by Cinhil on Wed 07 Mar 2007 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
What part of "Shall not be infringed" is not being abused today!

Even Knights had "Modern" weapons!

'Sed quis custodiet ipsos cutodes' ("Who watches the watchmen?”)."
User avatar
Cinhil
Sniper
 
Posts: 2938
Joined: Fri 24 Jun 2005 1:31 am

Postby tapehoser » Wed 07 Mar 2007 8:23 am

I love it!

Since you brought it up, we'll let you be the organizer? I am ready and willing to accept any assignments, should you have a need.
User avatar
tapehoser
Posse
 
Posts: 1479
Joined: Fri 10 Sep 2004 7:42 am
Location: Salt Lake County

bARBECUE pROPOSAL

Postby Cinhil » Wed 07 Mar 2007 9:51 am

Yes, if this is something we would like to do I can organize it. In order to do so I would need a good estimate of how many people (family #'s included in total) would be willing to come. This way I could prepare/organize for an appropriate reservation relevant to the size expected.
We could also include/invite the Utah Sports Shooting Council, NRA or other clubs or organizations to join us. This would be a state wide event to be held somewhere in the Salt Lake area.
I was also wondering if we could have a guest speaker? Or if other activities could be done at this, what would our members like to see?
Also, once I have a good estimate of the numbers which would attend I would need to collect the 5$ ($10 family) fee in advance in order to hold a reservation & to plan on the amount of meat necessary for the event. Assignments could then be given, perhaps according to alphabetical apportionment for type of item to bring. This would be non-refundable and any extra funds could be applied in the areas mentioned above. It may also be necessary to have an assistant to help with this.
A mailing list may also be necessary in order to send reminders, besides notification within these pages.
I would be looking at July or August if possible. If anyone has any other considerations or ideas I would welcome them. We would want to try and make this an annual event for us to come together as a community of like minded individuals and families. Let's make this a great function. It can also be a great recruiting tool for our website. :D
What part of "Shall not be infringed" is not being abused today!

Even Knights had "Modern" weapons!

'Sed quis custodiet ipsos cutodes' ("Who watches the watchmen?”)."
User avatar
Cinhil
Sniper
 
Posts: 2938
Joined: Fri 24 Jun 2005 1:31 am

Postby Mr. Magnum » Wed 07 Mar 2007 2:36 pm

Sounds like a great idea.

You want our input. Lets see......

You could check into setting it up someplace like Lee Kay Center or some-such. That way we could do all the things you've mentioned plus add a little range time. :wink:
Never been to any ranges & such north of Springville, so I don't know if that could be done or not. Just throwing out random ideas. :roll:
Proud NRA Lifer
User avatar
Mr. Magnum
Marksman
 
Posts: 248
Joined: Mon 26 Jul 2004 8:13 am
Location: Santaquin, Ut

Postby iampacking » Wed 07 Mar 2007 9:04 pm

I'd be there- would love to incorporate some shooting if we could!
Al
iampacking
Marksman
 
Posts: 208
Joined: Mon 12 Jul 2004 10:54 pm
Location: Salt Lake County

Postby Jeff Johnson » Wed 07 Mar 2007 10:31 pm

Sounds like a great idea. I think that Cinhil just volunteered to be committee chairman for the first one. :D

Of course, it wouldn't be a committee of one.
IANAL => I Am Not A Lawyer
NRA Life Member | USSC | CCRKBA | UtahConcealedCarry.com
User avatar
Jeff Johnson
Site Admin
 
Posts: 5615
Joined: Mon 03 May 2004 7:48 pm
Location: Cache Valley

If available

Postby concealedutah » Thu 08 Mar 2007 8:41 pm

If I'm available, I'd be there!
concealedutah
Novice
 
Posts: 79
Joined: Mon 03 May 2004 10:59 am
Location: Utah County

Postby srbeck » Sat 17 Mar 2007 8:30 pm

You may want to look at www.BigShotRanch.com. They have a great facility near Grantsville and will allow a lot of stuff and types of shooting that Lee Kay Center will not. Just a thought.
Steven R. Beckstead
srbeck
Novice
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun 29 Aug 2004 10:05 am
Location: West Jordan Utah

Postby Mr. Magnum » Sun 18 Mar 2007 7:34 am

That sounds like a cool place.
Proud NRA Lifer
User avatar
Mr. Magnum
Marksman
 
Posts: 248
Joined: Mon 26 Jul 2004 8:13 am
Location: Santaquin, Ut

Re: Summer Picnic Proposal

Postby UTOC-45-44 » Tue 11 Sep 2007 11:09 am

Cinhil wrote:After several years we have grown significantly. I propose that now is the time to seek a park where we could reserve a saturday for a barbecue and mingle. This would give us all a chance to get to know our friends we have met online and get to know our membership better.
I also propose that we look into the option of getting local gun dealers involved by inviting them and perhaps having a couple of raffles for ccw pistols--say at 10-20$'s per ticket. These would have to be picked up at the dealership so that law could be observed. This would be a great opportunity for us. We could even invite Fox News to cover the picnic.
Or we could begin having monthly activities at one of the local ranges, which would need plenty of parking to accommodate our needs. This might be able to be done at a reduced price for members on that day. This would also give us an opportunity to get the word out about our community forum and solicit more membership.
Cost for the picnic could be 5$ to cover meat and possible park fees. Members could then be responsible for drinks, chips desserts and other salads. Leftover funds could be used for ccw classes, hunter education or political action or other various related items, or be put in a fund for future barbecues or events.
What would be the desire amongst members for this type of activity? It is something already being done with great success for the Missouri concealed carry site members as well as others across the nation.
Lets get involved and get to know each other better.



So Guys what's going on with This Meet ?!?!?!?!?! :?

Anything ?????
"with Great Power comes Great Responsibility"

"A Right Unexercised is a Right Lost"

"Luke 22:36"
UTOC-45-44
Marksman
 
Posts: 356
Joined: Thu 30 Aug 2007 11:58 am

Re: Summer Picnic Proposal

Postby Jeff Johnson » Tue 11 Sep 2007 7:43 pm

UTOC-45-44 wrote:...
So Guys what's going on with This Meet ?!?!?!?!?! :?

Anything ?????


Nothing happened so far.
I'm not much of a social organizer, but if anybody wants to volunteer to organize this, I'd love to support it.
IANAL => I Am Not A Lawyer
NRA Life Member | USSC | CCRKBA | UtahConcealedCarry.com
User avatar
Jeff Johnson
Site Admin
 
Posts: 5615
Joined: Mon 03 May 2004 7:48 pm
Location: Cache Valley

Re: Summer Picnic Proposal

Postby UTOC-45-44 » Mon 17 Sep 2007 7:02 am

Jeff Johnson wrote:
UTOC-45-44 wrote:...
So Guys what's going on with This Meet ?!?!?!?!?! :?

Anything ?????


Nothing happened so far.
I'm not much of a social organizer, but if anybody wants to volunteer to organize this, I'd love to support it.



I tried to organize one once on opencarry and the same exciting result as on this site.

I did set a date and place at that time and all kind of excuses came up and the result = nothing.
"with Great Power comes Great Responsibility"

"A Right Unexercised is a Right Lost"

"Luke 22:36"
UTOC-45-44
Marksman
 
Posts: 356
Joined: Thu 30 Aug 2007 11:58 am

Picnic in the air

Postby Cinhil » Mon 17 Sep 2007 11:46 am

Sorry guys & gals, I was busily engaged in preparing for my wedding & all the resultant necessities that went with that, therefore I was unable to do any preliminary work, or any work on this this year. I am now married & life is settling down to normal again. I would be happy to work with a committee to create a picnic for this next year. I think we should be meeting & organizing it as early as possible so we can advertise here, and at gun stores so that we may get the best results and numbers possible.
So far Jeff & UTOC have offered to help, we just need a place and time to meet.
When do we want to get started? After the 1st of the year?
Cinhil
What part of "Shall not be infringed" is not being abused today!

Even Knights had "Modern" weapons!

'Sed quis custodiet ipsos cutodes' ("Who watches the watchmen?”)."
User avatar
Cinhil
Sniper
 
Posts: 2938
Joined: Fri 24 Jun 2005 1:31 am

Re: Picnic in the air

Postby UTOC-45-44 » Fri 21 Sep 2007 10:15 am

Cinhil wrote:Sorry guys & gals, I was busily engaged in preparing for my wedding & all the resultant necessities that went with that, therefore I was unable to do any preliminary work, or any work on this this year. I am now married & life is settling down to normal again. I would be happy to work with a committee to create a picnic for this next year. I think we should be meeting & organizing it as early as possible so we can advertise here, and at gun stores so that we may get the best results and numbers possible.
So far Jeff & UTOC have offered to help, we just need a place and time to meet.
When do we want to get started? After the 1st of the year?
Cinhil


ASAP.

Why wait ???
"with Great Power comes Great Responsibility"

"A Right Unexercised is a Right Lost"

"Luke 22:36"
UTOC-45-44
Marksman
 
Posts: 356
Joined: Thu 30 Aug 2007 11:58 am

Picnic/Get Together

Postby Cinhil » Fri 21 Sep 2007 11:34 am

Ok, Why wait? Good question.
If everyone is ok with it, I will start looking to make preparations now. If I can get some sponsers & a location as well as a date--can we get a good idea of how many may show up? This would help a lot--a general email to all forum members may be helpful once a date is established for maximum attendance.
I will work on this.
What part of "Shall not be infringed" is not being abused today!

Even Knights had "Modern" weapons!

'Sed quis custodiet ipsos cutodes' ("Who watches the watchmen?”)."
User avatar
Cinhil
Sniper
 
Posts: 2938
Joined: Fri 24 Jun 2005 1:31 am

Next

Return to UCC Events

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests