Members aren't going to want to stick around if...

Please read and abide by the rules you will find here.
This is also an area to post comments, complaints, and concerns regarding Utah Concealed Carry.

Members aren't going to want to stick around if...

Postby Flopian » Mon 06 Feb 2017 11:18 am

New members aren't going to be sticking around if their posts keep being "disapproved" like mine.

It seems that ever 3-4 weeks, I get another message or two about an old post being "disapproved" with the reasoning being that I never introduced myself.
Yet again this morning, I got an email saying that a post of mine, from April 2016, had met the same fate.

Every time I've checked, this was an introduction: http://www.utahconcealedcarry.com/viewtopic.php?p=235080#p235080

Want some irony? That intro post is there because my first introduction was "disapproved", because 'I had not introduced myself'!!

What's the deal?
Hidden censorship? Complacency? Or just more of the 'streamlining' of the conversations?...

Trying to participate in discussions here is like throwing a buffet's worth of food at a walrus to see what it might eat, what it might take a while to get around to, and what it's going to spit back at you...
Flopian
Novice

Re: Members aren't going to want to stick around if...

Postby jfwright1955 » Mon 06 Feb 2017 11:37 am

Since the new owners took over this site we appear to be abandoned in many ways. While we do have local moderators, there has been no interaction from the new admins. So, given that, I'm not surprised you're experiencing this issue. I'm going to send you a PM.
John
NRA RSO
No one should make decisions for us when it comes to guns and gun carry. If we do things we're not comfortable with because someone told us it's 'right' it becomes a distraction in an event where clarity and simplicity is needed.
jfwright1955
Sniper

Postby Snurd » Mon 06 Feb 2017 11:45 am

Flopian wrote:New members aren't going to be sticking around if their posts keep being "disapproved" like mine.

It seems that ever 3-4 weeks, I get another message or two about an old post being "disapproved" with the reasoning being that I never introduced myself.
Yet again this morning, I got an email saying that a post of mine, from April 2016, had met the same fate.

Every time I've checked, this was an introduction: http://www.utahconcealedcarry.com/viewtopic.php?p=235080#p235080

Want some irony? That intro post is there because my first introduction was "disapproved", because 'I had not introduced myself'!!

What's the deal?
Hidden censorship? Complacency? Or just more of the 'streamlining' of the conversations?...

Trying to participate in discussions here is like throwing a buffet's worth of food at a walrus to see what it might eat, what it might take a while to get around to, and what it's going to spit back at you...

It's possible that your post from April was hidden in the mix. The most recent was most likely me, so I apologize. I've only been a Mod for a week or two, so the others weren't me.

There is a queue where posts go to be approved or not. I'm pretty sure it's only for people who haven't introduced themselves. Once someone introduces themselves, then a Mod has to go in and take them off the "Newly Registered" list. If they don't get taken off the list, then any post they make goes into the queue and has to be approved.

It's possible that if you were taken off the list, which seems correct since you have been posting for a while, that your initial post wasn't approved for some reason. Somebody probably forgot to check it off.

I went in last night and was looking at the "needs approval" list, and a lot of the posts were from accounts that were either posting in forums before they introduced themselves , and haven't posted after that for one to two years, or even logged on since a day or two after posting. A number of others were joining to solicit goods, and haven't even logged on for a year or two. So most of these posts were basically worthless.

Since there was a lot of those, and none that I saw that were from anybody I recognized, I clicked on a bunch at a time and got rid of them so the queue would clear up.

Again, I'm sorry if your post was part of the house cleaning. I've just been trying to get rid of the posts that seem worthless, and yours was caught in the mix. :oops:

Sent from iSnurd
Snurd
Posse

Postby Snurd » Mon 06 Feb 2017 11:54 am

Here is one such post from 2015. Only one post from this person, and they only logged on that day, and the day after. Not since. This was placed in the "Firearms Reviews" section.

Anonymous wrote:Practical Explanation ( For Example ) :- `1st of all can you tell me every single seconds detail from that time when you born ?? ( i need every seconds detail ?? that what- what you have thought and done on every single second )

can you tell me every single detail of your `1 cheapest Minute Or your whole hour, day, week, month, year or your whole life ??

if you are not able to tell me about this life then what proof do you have that you didn't forget your past ? and that you will not forget this present life in the future ?

that is Fact that Supreme Lord Krishna exists but we posses no such intelligence to understand him.
there is also next life. and i already proved you that no scientist, no politician, no so-called intelligent man in this world is able to understand this Truth. cuz they are imagining. and you cannot imagine what is god, who is god, what is after life etc.
_______
for example :Your father existed before your birth. you cannot say that before your birth your father don,t exists.

So you have to ask from mother, "Who is my father?" And if she says, "This gentleman is your father," then it is all right. It is easy.
Otherwise, if you makes research, "Who is my father?" go on searching for life; you'll never find your father.
Snurd
Posse

Postby Flopian » Mon 06 Feb 2017 7:10 pm

I understand that mistakes can happen.

But this hasn't been an isolated incident. (And, therefore, likely not your fault.)

My first post was an introduction.
Subsequent posts waited for approval - some for 3+ months.
But the day after my introduction, I received an email telling me that my introduction had been "disapproved", followed by 'disapprovals' of several other replies that I had posted afterward.

So, I went back and posted the second introduction, and have constantly been getting notifications about "disapproved" posts ever since.
I figure that if so many posts hadn't been "disapproved", my post count would be around 70-75. (Not that I put stock in post count -- just offering a reference point.)

It's like offering advice to a wall that may, or may not, have some one on
Flopian
Novice

Postby Snurd » Mon 06 Feb 2017 7:24 pm

Flopian wrote:I understand that mistakes can happen.

But this hasn't been an isolated incident. (And, therefore, likely not your fault.)

My first post was an introduction.
Subsequent posts waited for approval - some for 3+ months.
But the day after my introduction, I received an email telling me that my introduction had been "disapproved", followed by 'disapprovals' of several other replies that I had posted afterward.

So, I went back and posted the second introduction, and have constantly been getting notifications about "disapproved" posts ever since.
I figure that if so many posts hadn't been "disapproved", my post count would be around 70-75. (Not that I put stock in post count -- just offering a reference point.)

It's like offering advice to a wall that may, or may not, have some one on

I'm not sure what's wrong with this site. There seems to be a fair number of glitches and so forth. It could be the new owners having their own mods playing around, or it could be an issue with the system. I know the phpBB installation is not up to date. I can't fix that though. I don't have permission to update anything.

I've tried emailing the person that said they were basically over this site, and they never respond. Paul has tried it as well, and as far as I know, they haven't responded to that. I've tried PM'ing the Admin, but that's worthless. Without the owners taking care of the site and making sure it's running smoothly, it definitely won't improve anything.

Posts randomly disappear, then reappear later on down the road. There have been many intro threads magically show up after a month or so. :disgusted:
Snurd
Posse

Postby bumpylight » Tue 07 Feb 2017 7:57 am

I don't suppose it would be kosher to mention loudly that a newly established alternative website, Utah Defensive Carry, exhibits no such problems with unfixed technical problems and general neglect, would it? :lol2:

http://utahconcealedcarry.com/
bumpylight
Marksman

Postby JoeSparky » Tue 07 Feb 2017 4:58 pm

Ive got no problems with that mention of UDC

You don't need to know what kind of device or tool was used to send this

It seems UDC has been added to the word filter here. If the present owners of UCC had only paid attention to the UCC site there may not have been a need felt to provide an ALTERNATIVE!
Last edited by JoeSparky on Fri 10 Feb 2017 7:37 am, edited 3 times in total.
JoeSparky
GOA Life Member
NRA Life Member
NAGR Member
UCC
OCDO

Remember IANAL
Praying that OUR Country can be returned to it's greatness and to it's CONSTITUTION!
JoeSparky
Sniper

Postby Cinhil » Tue 07 Feb 2017 8:02 pm

bumpylight wrote:I don't suppose it would be kosher to mention loudly that a newly established alternative website, Utah Defensive Carry, exhibits no such problems with unfixed technical problems and general neglect, would it? :lol2:

http://utahconcealedcarry.com/

:thumbup: :D :crown:
What part of "Shall not be infringed" is not being abused today!

Even Knights had "Modern" weapons!

'Sed quis custodiet ipsos cutodes' ("Who watches the watchmen?”)."
Cinhil
Sniper

Return to Rules, Comments, Complaints, and Concerns