Utah Guns Forum banner

Sizing a photo to avitar size

4K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Sam Fidler 
#1 ·
I thought I'd put a photo of me in for an Avitar, I made it 100 px x 100 px but its 31kb, anyone know how to get it down to 6kb?

#3 ·
Have photoshop CS5, you'd think it would have a way to do this. Tried saving with lowest quality and only got ,it down to 29kb, added black and white and no change. Hmm, I'm on a mission now!

#4 ·
For Photoshop click File, then Save for Web & Devices. I believe the default save if GIF so change it, in the upper right corner, to JPEG then you will be able to change the compression from High to Low. You should see the Quality window change to 10. Hit Save and it should be the smallest file size possible.

#5 ·
Sam Fidler said:
For Photoshop click File, then Save for Web & Devices. I believe the default save if GIF so change it, in the upper right corner, to JPEG then you will be able to change the compression from High to Low. You should see the Quality window change to 10. Hit Save and it should be the smallest file size possible.
+1

#6 ·
Awesome, ty for telling me about that, never knew. Mostly use photoshop to develop/punch up my photos, I don't get to use the other cool stuff much.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.