Utah Guns Forum banner

Forum down

20K views 49 replies 23 participants last post by  dewittdj 
#1 ·
What's the deal with the forum being messed up for two days? I have had a ruthlessly hard time connecting through both Tapatalk and the Internet.

#31 ·
jobot said:
Paul, I have spent some time with comcast regarding the issue. The problem according to comcast is that you are on a shared ip hosting plan with a known phishing site. Comcast said that they would unblock your ip sometime this afternoon. I tried to call godaddy regarding the problem but they refused to help. Let me know if you want me to help you.

- joseph
Godaddy won't help you without the account info and password. I'll call them if you tell me what I need to tell them to do. Thanks!
I wonder if this is the same problem from a month ago?

#32 ·
Finally nice to get on.

I've tried the past two days without any success until today. It didn't matter if it was via a computer or by mobile with Tapatalk.

I subscribe to several different websites and access them also by Tapatalk. Your site was the only one I had problems accessing the past two days.

Looks like the access issues are resolved now?

Ceicei

#33 ·
Paul said:
jobot said:
Paul, I have spent some time with comcast regarding the issue. The problem according to comcast is that you are on a shared ip hosting plan with a known phishing site. Comcast said that they would unblock your ip sometime this afternoon. I tried to call godaddy regarding the problem but they refused to help. Let me know if you want me to help you.

- joseph
Godaddy won't help you without the account info and password. I'll call them if you tell me what I need to tell them to do. Thanks!
I wonder if this is the same problem from a month ago?
Paul, I can pm you for more information or if you would like to call me feel free. Let me know.

#34 ·
Yep, I have tried accessing the site since Friday and this is the first I have been able to get on. And this all with my home computer. Happy to say that my insanity is leaving as I am getting my daily fix! :ROFL:

#35 ·
Paul said:
Snurd said:
Also wouldn't let me on this morning. This is the first time I've been able to get on today.
Snurd, we are trying to keep you away!
Kidding.
Not sure what is going on. I'll try to get to it when I get some time. May be a few days though. Hope you guys understand. Me or Jeff will get to it as quick as one of us can.
I KNEW it. :crying:
I'll keep finding a way back though. :D

#37 ·
Cinhil said:
Yep, I have tried accessing the site since Friday and this is the first I have been able to get on. And this all with my home computer. Happy to say that my insanity is leaving as I am getting my daily fix! :ROFL:
Same for me. Both Firefox and Chrome wouldn't load the site, and tapatalk on my iPod wasn't couldn't get through, either.

#38 ·
Thanks to who ever helped get it back up and running. It seems to be working just fine for me now. :dancing:

#40 ·
jobot said:

- joseph
Hey all,

I apologize if you ran into issues with this with Go Daddy. I spoke to our Abuse team about this and the proper way to handle this would be for you to email the phishing site to Abuse@GoDaddy.com. The Abuse Team will investigate and take the correct actions.

#41 ·
The problem is no one here knew about the phishing issue. Comcast wouldn't release any info to those of us that knew which questions to ask. Just told us to contact the forum owner to see if "he was blocking access to Comcast sites". I knew he wasn't, and told them that the problem was in their NOC. They were exceedingly unhelpful.

Regards, and thanks for joining us to keep us informed. At least those of us that knew about proxy servers could get online, and we can start a topic like this one to alert you guys that something is up. Meantime, tell us who the phishers are...there were a few annoyed citizens around here, and safe to say most of us are armed... :ROFL: :spit:

#48 ·
uofudavid said:
Is this forum dead? Is there another gun forum in Utah that people are using?
It's not dead. There haven't been as many people joining the conversations lately. I'm not sure why. Possibly it's because of the new ownership, or because people are more busy. Or because they think I'm irritating. :dunno: Probably the latter.

Sent from iSnurd

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.