Utah Guns Forum banner

Forum down

20K views 49 replies 23 participants last post by  dewittdj 
#1 ·
What's the deal with the forum being messed up for two days? I have had a ruthlessly hard time connecting through both Tapatalk and the Internet.

#4 ·
It just barely started working for me. I have tried all day and all of yesterday. I think I was able to get it loaded once yesterday, but wasn't able to do much. I tried mostly Tapatalk but went to the site when it failed. Wasn't able to get on that either. :dunno:

#6 ·
Hm. Maybe it's Verizon messing with you lol I've had no tapatalk issues outside of the random failures it keeps having after their latest update. Nothing however, related to this site.

#11 ·
I was on it quite a bit yesterday. Just got online for the first time today so don't know if there were problems but it seems to be working fine for me.

#14 ·
I haven't been able to get on using my home internet. It is like I got blacklisted somehow. I can't ping or traceroute. But if I use a proxy I can connect just fine. Or if I use my phone. I have been thinking I should message a moderator soon if this continues. Glad its not just me.

#20 ·
UnderratedF00l said:
It looks like its a comcast DNS issue. I also have Comcast but cn only get the site to work on my tablet when not connected to my home network.
I don't think it is a DNS issue, because I get the correct IP address when looking it up. I have comcast as well.

#21 ·
Well. I just spent an hour of totally unproductive time with Comcast support, both online and telephone. They suggest having the site administrator check to see if he\\\'s blocking comcast IP addresses.

Some back ground. I have worked as a tech support agent and supervisor for two major ISP\\\'s supporting both dial up and High speed internet. I have troubleshot this from my end. I would bet money that there is a blocked IP table in Comcast NOC that is causing the issue. I have pointed this out to them, to no avail. So for now I would suggest people use a proxy server, just search for it, they\\\'re easy to find and use. Basically you connect to one, it asks for a url, and redirects to it. Works fine, that\\\'s how I\\\'m typing this. The site admin needs to make sure they aren\\\'t blocking Comcast (99% sure they aren\\\'t) and contact their provider to get it resolved. Most likely by the sites host contacting Comcast\\\'s NOC and getting the block removed.

Self edited explitive, I\\\'m glad I no longer work in that industry.

#25 ·
Snurd said:
Also wouldn't let me on this morning. This is the first time I've been able to get on today.
Snurd, we are trying to keep you away!
Kidding.
Not sure what is going on. I'll try to get to it when I get some time. May be a few days though. Hope you guys understand. Me or Jeff will get to it as quick as one of us can.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.