Utah Guns Forum banner

Where to get 'Utah Gun Law, 4th Edition' [UPDATED]

26K views 36 replies 23 participants last post by  Snurd 
#1 ·
Please see the following email I received from Attorney Mitch Vilos for locations where you can find and purchase his latest book on Utah gun laws:
Utah Gun Law, 3rd Edition
----- Original Message -----
To: 'Jeff Johnson'
Sent: 02 January 2008 17:49
Subject: RE: Thanks for speaking to us at our Saturday UCC/OCDO get-together!

Jeff,

Thanks for asking me to speak. I really enjoy public speaking for some reason (okay, it’s because I’m a trial lawyer and speaking is my job!)

Impressive website and discussion forum. Very helpful to post the statutes. The MORE knowledge our Utah gun owners have about the law, the less likely they are to get into trouble and make the rest of the gun owners look bad to the public.

Thanks for pitching my book. For this edition, I have focused on those gun stores that have carried my book with "enthusiasm" and have made sure the book is available and visible to all their customers and not hidden on the back shelf somewhere like some of the bigger stores are prone to do. This gives the smaller stores who appreciate the product an exclusive product that the big stores don’t have and helps to bring customers to their stores. The stores that are carrying my book now (from North to South), Impact Guns on 1900 W. (the "old" highway) in West Ogden, Gallensons on 2nd South in Salt Lake, Doug’s Shoot n Sport at 49th and Redwood in West Valley, Impact Guns in West Valley (used to be "Totally Awesome Guns" 4700 S. and about 4100 W.), Get Some Guns and Ammo in South Salt Lake on State Street, Funny Bunny Movie Guns (FBMG) in Draper on the frontage road, Van Wagonen’s Finance in Orem, Gunnies in Orem, Rangemasters in Springville, Dixie Guns and Fish in St. George, Hurst Sports on Bluff Street in St. George, A Pawn, Guns and Diamonds on East Tabernacle in St. George and Bracken’s Sporting Goods in Enterprise. If anyone knows of any other small stores who would proudly carry and display the book, please let me know and I’ll make sure they get the opportunity. Finally, they can be purchased on the web at gunlaws.com or from me personally by sending a check w/ the order form attached in Word Format.

Thanks again, Jeff, for your support. Together we can make life a little easier for Utah gun owners. Mitch

James D. "Mitch" Vilos,
Attorney at Law
P.O. Box 1148
Centerville, Utah 84014
Office: (801)295-3340
Fax: (801)295-3340
Mobile: (801)560-7117
Toll Free: (800)530-0222
Concentrating in Accidental Injury and Death Cases Including Car Accidents,
Car Insurance Issues, Products Liability, Medical Malpractice, Workplace Injuries,
and Representation of Gun Owners in Cases involving Weapons Charges,
Self Defense, and Expungements
The order form in Word format that Mitch mentioned is available here.

Here is that list again, but a bit more readable:
  • Impact Guns on 1900 W. (the "old" highway) in West Ogden[/*]
  • Gallensons on 2nd South in Salt Lake[/*]
  • Doug’s Shoot n Sport at 49th and Redwood in West Valley[/*]
  • Impact Guns in West Valley (used to be "Totally Awesome Guns" 4700 S. and about 4100 W.)[/*]
  • Get Some Guns and Ammo in South Salt Lake on State Street[/*]
  • Funny Bunny Movie Guns (FBMG) in Draper on the frontage road[/*]
  • Van Wagonen’s Finance in Orem[/*]
  • Gunnies in Orem[/*]
  • Rangemasters in Springville[/*]
  • Dixie Guns and Fish in St. George[/*]
  • Hurst Sports on Bluff Street in St. George[/*]
  • A Pawn, Guns and Diamonds on East Tabernacle in St. George[/*]
  • Bracken’s Sporting Goods in Enterprise[/*]

EDIT: This book is now in its 4th edition. You can see it at Mitch's website.

See less See more
#3 ·
My wife picked us up a copy while we were at Gunnies a week ago, what a great book, I highly recomend it to everyone on this forum. A+ :flag:
PS: Thanks for recomending it to us

#5 ·
Another boring day at home will be broken up with a trip to get this book. Now to find somewhere to get it without going to Impact Guns.

Edit: scratch that, i have an ammo delivery happening today. Dunno when, but don't want to miss it.

#8 ·
Bflamante said:
This book is a MUST before you start carrying!
You mean I have been carrying now for over six months without the aid of this book? WOW! Good thing I got the book last month!

OK, I will stop being silly. :ROFL:

ian

p.s. It's been a good read so far. I love the humor in it and also the seriousness of it.

#12 ·
I picked this book up yesterday at Gunnies in Orem ($17.95 and last one) and already on page 100. I skipped some pages about hunting, but I'm sure I'll go back and read it someday. Very very good book and highly recommend it. I was at work today and talked to a customer about OC and CC. Give him this website, OCDO, and Mitch's book title and website. Very good book. Easy read and understand, along with some humor.

#13 ·
I just got my copy of the book a couple of days ago from Doug's on Redwood.. I have already skimmed over a lot of the stuff in the book as well as reading the first chapter. There were a lot of questions that I had and the book answered most of them..
I recommenc this book to everyone that carries whether concealed or not..
I paid about $20 for the book..

#19 ·
Some guy at Gunnies in Orem told me on the phone that they don't sell that book and that they never have... :|

#21 ·
Thx. Maybe I'll swing by there today.

#22 ·
bikerdan said:
Some guy at Gunnies in Orem told me on the phone that they don't sell that book and that they never have... :|
Given the number of people who actually bought the book at Gunnies, I suggest that you call back and talk to "some other guy".
That's not to imply that they're in stock now, but people did find it there before.

#23 ·
Jeff Johnson said:
Given the number of people who actually bought the book at Gunnies, I suggest that you call back and talk to "some other guy".
That's not to imply that they're in stock now, but people did find it there before.
That's exactly what I was thinking... :roll: Anyway, I swung by VW's (Van Wagenens) and they had two copies left. They're selling them for $15 a piece. That's $10 cheaper than Gunnies anyway. :shocked:

Thx for the help guys. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.