Utah Guns Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Progressive Insurance

5K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  Car Knocker 
#1 ·
My office is just off 106th South and we share the building with Progressive Insurance. The customer entrance to the Progressive office has a sign near the door that reads

"No dangerous weapons are permitted on Progressive premises. This includes concealed weapons, even where a permit or license to carry such weapons has been obtained."

For being an outfit that minimizes risk, you'd think they'd look at the numbers and see that guns reduce risk of personal and/or property damage! (I'm insured elsewhere.)

See less See more
#2 ·
My handgun is not a weapon, nor is it dangerous. The word 'weapon' infers offense, or initiatory use, and I will never use my gun in an offensive or proactive manner, it is only intended for defensive, or reactive use.

In the event my life or safety are threatened, it then becomes a tool, no different than a hammer is a tool for driving nails, or a drill is a tool for creating holes. This is a tool for self preservation. Ideas are dangerous weapons, according to Stalin. Do you ban ideas?
My mind is the most dangerous weapon I possess. Rather than leave that at home, I'll use that tool to go elsewhere. Hope you go bankrupt soon. Bye.

#4 ·
I don't like their contracts. Not a problem for me anyway.

HIGHJACK

What is up with insurance contracts anyway?? If I don't pay my premium I have to pay a breech of contract fee. If I pay that fee and my back premiums I still don't have coverage durring that gap. I payed for no services.

I once had them as my auto insurer. I was in a wreck that totaled the car. They payed the claim. Tthey of course low balled it, but I luckily had gap insurance. I was in the middle of the contract. I had to pay a breech of contract fee when I changed vehicles. Doesn't that essentially change the frickin deductable by adding the $250 breech of contract fee.

Load of garbage.

#5 ·
They insure my pwc. talk about risky behaviour ;-)
Of course with the well documented historical love people have had for insurance agents' salesmen....ya almost cant blame them :lol3: Just a form of self preservation...however misguided. Perhaps because they think up crap like breech of contract fees!
Hijhack*** I have never heard of a breech of contract fee. sounds like a "no ID tax" situation. weird.

#6 ·
We're kind of getting away from the "boycott Progressive because they hate guns" and getting into "I hate Progressive because they suck" which is off-topic for this thread and forum. Please keep it to former and if you want to discuss Progressive's business practices and ethics (or lack thereof) please start a new topic in Chit Chat. Thanks!

#10 ·
No complaints about Nationwide. In fact I've looked at going over to USAA for their supposedly great rates but they can't beat my Nationwide rates. (No idea about their firearm policies but then I've never set foot in one of their offices.)

#12 ·
I insure my motorcycle through Progressive because it is far cheaper than other places I have looked. I think I am paying about $6-7/mo for comprehensive coverage (at the state minimum level) on my DRZ-400SM. I would be happy to give my business to another company. Anybody know another one with comparable MC rates?

#13 ·
Since we've now drifted into rate comparisons between companies rather than discussing Progressive's firearms stance, which is off-topic both for the thread and this forum, despite an earlier request to please keep the discussion on-topic, there's not much point in keeping this thread open.

rustyi, thanks for bringing the Progressive anti-firearms policy to our attention, it's just a shame that so many people didn't want to focus on this firearms issue.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.