Utah Guns Forum banner

Jared's Jewelry

12K views 20 replies 20 participants last post by  gobbly 
#1 ·
Went to the store in Murray to buy my wife a gift, saw the sign on the door "no weapons" turned around, went back to my car and drove to Kay Jewelers, made my purchase, went home and sent the standard "you won't get my business and I'll spread the word about your anti-gun policy" letter to Jared with a copy of my recipt. I know it won't change their minds but it's fun to do anyway.
Over the past 14 months Kay Jewelers has earned about $2,000 of my hard earned cash, Jared's hasn't.

#4 ·
In your letter be sure to let them know how much you personally have spent at other jewelry stores who respect your god-given Rights. 2000$ may not seem like much, but if they get the hint from many that they are not spending upwards of similar amounts they might begin to think of the consequences of their idiocy.

#5 ·
reid36 said:
On top of that they have the absolute most irritatingly annoying ads of any jewelry store! Their ads warrant a boycott on their own, but with an anti-gun policy to boot theres no way I'll spend money there.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who would boycott a business because their advertising is so insulting to basic human intelligence as to be vulgar. (And of course, wanting me to patronize them while unarmed will do it every time, too.)

For the former reason, I will never eat another goldfish cracker, drink Ovaltine (which I sorely miss :cry: ), eat at Wingers, shop at Jared, deal with First Class Cars, or Furniture Warehouse.

My wife works at a store I will not enter because they have a no-guns sign out front. They KNOW I carry. I can't identify it, because what they DON'T know is that my wife carries, too. :wink:

#6 ·
I went to ShaneCo on 7200 South and State Street to pick out my Fiancee's engagement ring. I think the staff knew I was carrying. I went in picked the ring, put it on lawaway and walked out. They were really helpful and professional. No problems at all..

G
#12 ·
Taco said:
reid36 said:
On top of that they have the absolute most irritatingly annoying ads of any jewelry store! Their ads warrant a boycott on their own, but with an anti-gun policy to boot theres no way I'll spend money there.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who would boycott a business because their advertising is so insulting to basic human intelligence as to be vulgar. (And of course, wanting me to patronize them while unarmed will do it every time, too.)

For the former reason, I will never eat another goldfish cracker, drink Ovaltine (which I sorely miss :cry: ), eat at Wingers, shop at Jared, deal with First Class Cars, or Furniture Warehouse.:
Ditto!! I would also have to add I will never wear those pull up diapers for the same reason :ROFL: or get a sham wow

#13 ·
sculptingmyguns said:
...or get a sham wow
:agree: Nor am I inclined to ever buy anything sold by that loud Billy... or any other advertisement where they think they have to rhyme every line.. :ack:

#15 ·
My wife and I did our shopping at Shane.

I like them, and I reccomend them. :thumbsup:

My wifes ring was easy, we walked into shane she saw the ring, done.

Me... I found a ring I kinda liked at one of the mall places, then a bidding war between the two in layton acrost from each other... I got annoyed and walked out, I settled on my ring at shane.

I think it was Kay and Zales... it was annoying and they were loud... :ack:

They take good care of us, after my motorcycle wreck they had to resize my ring twice, once due to I thought my hand was done swelling after a year, then it finally stopped swelling after another year... so I had to have it resized again. :dunno:

Big Ol +1 for Shane from me. :)

#19 ·
I would say go with Shane Co. I got my fiancée ring there, we went to get it sized about a week later and I got my I'd out for them and the salesman noticed my permit and mentioned that he had one and that it was "the most important card in my wallet", and though it was apparent that I was carrying I was never asked to leave and never asked to place it in my vehicle.

#20 ·
I don't know their gun policy as I did not carry when I got engaged, but I got my wife's rings and mind from SE Needham Jewelers in Logan (they were local to us). I don't remember them having an anti-gun policy, but anybody in Logan able to see?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.