Hawk87 wrote:IANAL But I have never heard of anything saying that you have to inform them. Since it is a private school, it might be their policy, but it doesn't carry the force of law. Concealed is concealed, don't worry too much about it.
Cheyenne20 wrote:Hawk87 wrote:IANAL But I have never heard of anything saying that you have to inform them. Since it is a private school, it might be their policy, but it doesn't carry the force of law. Concealed is concealed, don't worry too much about it.
If it is a charter school, then it is publicly funded and is subject to the law. They can't ban weapons, per the Utah Uniform Law.
53-5a-102. Uniform firearm laws.
(1) The individual right to keep and bear arms being a constitutionally protected right under Article I, Section 6 of the Utah Constitution, the Legislature finds the need to provide uniform civil and criminal firearm laws throughout the state.
(2) Except as specifically provided by state law, a local authority or state entity may not:
(a) prohibit an individual from owning, possessing, purchasing, selling, transferring, transporting, or keeping a firearm at the individual's place of residence, property, business, or in any vehicle lawfully in the individual's possession or lawfully under the individual's control; or
(b) require an individual to have a permit or license to purchase, own, possess, transport, or keep a firearm.
(3) In conjunction with Title 76, Chapter 10, Part 5, Weapons, this section is uniformly applicable throughout this state and in all its political subdivisions and municipalities.
(4) All authority to regulate firearms is reserved to the state except where the Legislature specifically delegates responsibility to local authorities or state entities.
(5) Unless specifically authorized by the Legislature by statute, a local authority or state entity may not enact, establish, or enforce any ordinance, regulation, rule, or policy pertaining to firearms that in any way inhibits or restricts the possession or use of firearms on either public or private property.
(6) As used in this section:
(a) "firearm" has the same meaning as defined in Subsection 76-10-501(9); and
(b) "local authority or state entity" includes public school districts, public schools, and state institutions of higher education.
(7) Nothing in this section restricts or expands private property rights.
Users browsing this forum: MSNbot Media and 2 guests