Non-Resident Reciprocity

Discuss issues regarding concealed carry.

Non-Resident Reciprocity

Postby svelectric » Mon 22 Jun 2009 2:19 pm

I'm taking a road trip out west this summer (will hope to have my permit by then, might not). In preparation, I've reviewed the usa carry.com website and the NRA-ILA websites on reciprocity for the non-resident permit for Utah and Florida (I'm a WI Resident and am denied my rights in the peoples republic of cheese).

If I'm understanding correctly, my UTAH non res permit will allow me carry in 29 states (Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wyoming)

If I also have the FL non res permit it would add Florida and Tennessee.

Am I missing anything?

I have also reviewed the NRA/ILA fact sheets regarding each states firearm laws that I'll be traveling through. Thanks in advance!

Ted
svelectric
Novice
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu 11 Jun 2009 12:40 pm

Re: Non-Resident Reciprocity

Postby Doctor Jenks » Mon 22 Jun 2009 7:49 pm

Looks about right. Here is a Link to the list from BCI

http://publicsafety.utah.gov/bci/FAQother.html
M&P 40 Pro
User avatar
Doctor Jenks
Expert Marksman
 
Posts: 717
Joined: Wed 13 May 2009 10:59 am

Re: Non-Resident Reciprocity

Postby T.M.Ray » Mon 22 Jun 2009 8:47 pm

Just an F.Y.I. I'm looking hard for where I found it, but I'm 99% sure that Colorado is no longer recognizing a Utah permit for people that are NOT Utah residents anymore. I'll continue to look for it, and post it when I find the info.
"A free people ought to be armed." -George Washington (Jan 14, 1790, Boston Independent Chronicle)
T.M.Ray
Marksman
 
Posts: 268
Joined: Mon 11 May 2009 11:50 am
Location: Syracuse, Ut.

Re: Non-Resident Reciprocity

Postby RugerShooter » Mon 22 Jun 2009 9:05 pm

T.M.Ray wrote:Just an F.Y.I. I'm looking hard for where I found it, but I'm 99% sure that Colorado is no longer recognizing a Utah permit for people that are NOT Utah residents anymore. I'll continue to look for it, and post it when I find the info.


Colorado, Florida, Kansas, Michigan, New Hampshire, South Carolina & West Virginia only honor permits from residents of issuing states
http://www.handgunlaw.us/LicMaps/ccwmap.php
http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/utah.pdf
Ruger P94DC 9MM
Ruger LCP .380
Ruger 10/22
RugerShooter
Marksman
 
Posts: 174
Joined: Mon 24 Mar 2008 8:35 pm
Location: Ogden, UT

Re: Non-Resident Reciprocity

Postby T.M.Ray » Tue 23 Jun 2009 11:06 am

RugerShooter wrote:
T.M.Ray wrote:Just an F.Y.I. I'm looking hard for where I found it, but I'm 99% sure that Colorado is no longer recognizing a Utah permit for people that are NOT Utah residents anymore. I'll continue to look for it, and post it when I find the info.


Colorado, Florida, Kansas, Michigan, New Hampshire, South Carolina & West Virginia only honor permits from residents of issuing states
http://www.handgunlaw.us/LicMaps/ccwmap.php
http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/utah.pdf



Thanks Ruger, you rock !!!!
"A free people ought to be armed." -George Washington (Jan 14, 1790, Boston Independent Chronicle)
T.M.Ray
Marksman
 
Posts: 268
Joined: Mon 11 May 2009 11:50 am
Location: Syracuse, Ut.

Re: Non-Resident Reciprocity

Postby dldever01 » Tue 07 Jul 2009 7:01 am

RugerShooter wrote:
T.M.Ray wrote:Just an F.Y.I. I'm looking hard for where I found it, but I'm 99% sure that Colorado is no longer recognizing a Utah permit for people that are NOT Utah residents anymore. I'll continue to look for it, and post it when I find the info.


Colorado, Florida, Kansas, Michigan, New Hampshire, South Carolina & West Virginia only honor permits from residents of issuing states
http://www.handgunlaw.us/LicMaps/ccwmap.php
http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/utah.pdf


Kansas has revised their law to allow non-resident permits for those who are not KS residents. So, those with a FL permit can now carry in KS, if not a KS resident. From the KS AG site:
Updated 7/1/09
Kansas Personal and Family Protection Act
Recognized Non-Resident Concealed Carry Handgun Licenses
The State of Kansas recognizes concealed carry handgun licenses issued by the following states. In
accordance with K.S.A. 75-7c03(c), the standards for licensure in these states are equal to or greater than
the standards imposed by the State of Kansas. Persons with concealed carry licenses issued by these states
must abide by Kansas concealed carry laws while traveling, visiting or working in the state of Kansas.
Kansas statutes and regulations governing Kansas concealed carry are posted on the Attorney General’s
website at www.ksag.org. NOTE: Recognition of non-resident licenses does not apply to residents of
Kansas. Kansas residents must have a Kansas concealed carry license to lawfully carry a concealed
handgun in Kansas.


http://www.ksag.org/files/shared/Reciprocity%20-%20List%20of%20States%20-%2007-09.pdf

Message from AG:
http://www.ksag.org/files/shared/Recogn ... %20(7-1-09).pdf
Image


"The American Republic will endure, until politicians realize they can
bribe the people with their own money."
– Alexis de Tocqueville


NCMEC-Project ALERT
User avatar
dldever01
Marksman
 
Posts: 153
Joined: Tue 12 May 2009 6:54 pm

Re: Non-Resident Reciprocity

Postby S717 » Tue 07 Jul 2009 1:45 pm

DONT FORGET THAT NEVADA NO LONGER RECOGNIZES UTAH PERMITS FOR RESIDENTS OR NON RESIDENTS :crying:
S717
Novice
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu 02 Jul 2009 9:38 am

Re: Non-Resident Reciprocity

Postby etcollins » Tue 07 Jul 2009 2:47 pm

Check this link to Utah's BCI, list of States with reciprocity. http://publicsafety.utah.gov/bci/FAQother.html
Colorado is listed as recognizing Utah's permits.
etcollins
Novice
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Thu 02 Jul 2009 9:40 am

Re: Non-Resident Reciprocity

Postby dldever01 » Tue 07 Jul 2009 3:39 pm

etcollins wrote:Check this link to Utah's BCI, list of States with reciprocity. http://publicsafety.utah.gov/bci/FAQother.html
Colorado is listed as recognizing Utah's permits.


But only for residents of Utah:

Pursuant to Colorado law (CRS 18-12-213), the State of Colorado will recognize a valid permit issued in another state IF the permit was issued to a resident of the state issuing the permit, and the permittee is 21 yrs of age or older, AND the other state recognizes Colorado permits as valid in their state. Hence, a "yes" in the following table also indicates that a valid Colorado permit is recognized in that state, subject to their laws. When traveling with a Colorado permit, it is advisable to contact the state you are visiting to confirm reciprocity and to review that state's firearms laws.

The state of Colorado no longer recognizes the validity of any permit issued by any state to a nonresident of that state (see CRS 18-12-213 amended 2007).

This information is also available to Colorado law enforcement through the CCIC.
Image


"The American Republic will endure, until politicians realize they can
bribe the people with their own money."
– Alexis de Tocqueville


NCMEC-Project ALERT
User avatar
dldever01
Marksman
 
Posts: 153
Joined: Tue 12 May 2009 6:54 pm

Re: Non-Resident Reciprocity

Postby nxiv » Thu 16 Jul 2009 1:53 pm

dldever01 wrote:
etcollins wrote:Check this link to Utah's BCI, list of States with reciprocity. http://publicsafety.utah.gov/bci/FAQother.html
Colorado is listed as recognizing Utah's permits.


But only for residents of Utah:

Pursuant to Colorado law (CRS 18-12-213), the State of Colorado will recognize a valid permit issued in another state IF the permit was issued to a resident of the state issuing the permit, and the permittee is 21 yrs of age or older, AND the other state recognizes Colorado permits as valid in their state. Hence, a "yes" in the following table also indicates that a valid Colorado permit is recognized in that state, subject to their laws. When traveling with a Colorado permit, it is advisable to contact the state you are visiting to confirm reciprocity and to review that state's firearms laws.

The state of Colorado no longer recognizes the validity of any permit issued by any state to a nonresident of that state (see CRS 18-12-213 amended 2007).

This information is also available to Colorado law enforcement through the CCIC.
You're exempt from that requirement for 90 days once you move to CO by the same statute. It's a grace period for you to get a CO CCW.
Know the law; don't ask, don't tell.
NRA, NV & UT Certified Instructor; CT, FL, ME, NH, NV & UT CCW Holder
Happy new 1984; 25 years behind schedule. Send lawyers, guns and money...the [auto-filtered]...
nxiv
Marksman
 
Posts: 191
Joined: Fri 26 Oct 2007 12:14 am
Location: Green Valley (Henderson) NV


Return to Concealed Carry

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest