Utah Guns Forum banner

Herbert S. Brilliant Memorial Shoot- June 23, 2012

3K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  sarahbn 
#1 ·
My grandfather, Herbert S. Brilliant, took me shooting when I was 12 and taught me about guns. It's because of him that today I'm not afraid of guns like my parents. He passed away 5 years ago and since this is the year that I became a responsible gun owner, I'm having a memorial shoot in his honor.

June 23, 2012; 10 am; Stansbury Island (take Exit 84 off the I-80 and go north). Bring your own guns and ammo, targets and light refreshments will be provided but if you want to bring some of either that would be welcome too. Shooters of every ability level are welcome but especially new shooters like myself. :D

#4 · (Edited by Moderator)
The signs will have my grandfather's picture on them:
Herb memorial.jpg

More detailed directions to Stansbury Island shooting location:

I-80 West, get off at Exit 84 (UT-138/Grantsville)
Stay on the north side of I-80 heading West, crossing over the railroad track (road becomes gravel/sand on top of pavement).
After a short distance the road turns 90 degrees right, heading north to Stansbury Island (you will immediately go over another railroad track).
Follow this road north past salt fields on both sides of the causeway, for just over 3 miles.
You will cross over a cattle guard and the road will veer left to the northwest side of the island.
You will shortly come to a dirt road on the right side, with a large BLM sign listing use laws for the land.
Take this dirt road a relatively short distance until there is a clear left turn available (if you were to continue straight there is a yellow gate that has recently been closed). After going over a few potholes the main dirt road you are on will make a sweeping right turn, once again heading East along the south side of the mountain range. Follow this main road until you come to the shooting location (approx 1 mile).

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.