Utah Guns Forum banner

Which day should we do the spanish fork canyon cleanup?

• October 13th.

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • October 27th.

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Either date works for me.

Votes: 4 33.3%

Shooting Area Cleanup Project? -- COMPLETED!

15K views 55 replies 15 participants last post by  Jarubla 
#1 ·
Okay, I know, I brought it up, so...

For those who dwell in the southern lands of the valley, there is a semi-popular, yet semi-unknown shooting area up Spanish Fork Canyon. The area is absolutely littered with all sorts of crap that people have left behind, and you could probably make a killing on brass recycling if you gathered up all the casings on the ground.

I took my 5 year old son up there to teach him how to shoot his Savage bolt action, and even he said "Why don't people take their garbage with them?" :dunno:

Anyway, long story short, I thought it might be nice to hold a UCC event there and clean up the place a bit.

My questions are:

1.) Does BLM / Forest Service / State provide any sort of dumpsters for events like this? It would be nice if some agency would volunteer the supplies, if we volunteered the labor.

2.) Is anyone in the Utah County area interested in participating in something like this?

Thanks

edit: typo

See less See more
#2 ·
I would check with the county and ask if they have anything available for something like this, if not they probably have a good idea of whom may and be able to direct you to them.
If you explain exactly what the reason is you may get further as it is something which helps the community at large. Another option is if you know of a Boyscout who needs an Eagle Project this would definitely fall in line with community service. I would let them know where the location is and offer your services to help them earn their Eagle. As long as the project is cleared by their Board then it would be a great experience, especially for the young man involved.

#3 ·
I think an Eagle project would be ideal for this, too bad all the kids I know are are in the 3-6 year old range! I'll have to ask around, it would be a great project.

I think it would go a long way for gun owners / users of the area to participate in a clean up project, to show that we can be responsible with our hobby. Too many shooting areas are getting trashed, and giving the gun community a bad name. Maybe we deserve it. :disgusted:

#10 ·
Count me in too. Also, I have two midgets that would like to help. Kids of course. :thumbsup:

#17 ·
Yeah, it's ridiculous how littered it is. You'd think people could be a little better. My wife and I were there a couple of weekends ago, and we hauled out four trash bags of crap that was just in our immediate area, and it didn't even put a dent in things. Would have done more, but we only had four bags with us.

Let's plan on Saturday, the 13th. Does that work for everyone? We could do another date if that's bad, but at this point, I agree - let's just do it.

Thanks to everyone who has volunteered!

I'll borrow one of dads many trailers we can use for hauling it off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.