Utah Guns Forum banner

An idea...Nutnfancy took over!!

23K views 116 replies 36 participants last post by  ThBrtmn 
#1 ·
2nd Amendment rally Utah state Capitol January 19th NOON

#102 ·
Gay gun owners appeared to be well represented, at least in the news reports.

The Deseret News reported about Seth Perkins of Bountiful, Utah:

Several people at the rally had assault rifles slung over their shoulders and holstered pistols at their sides.

'It's my right. That's what this rally is about,' said Seth Perkins, of Bountiful, who also wore a sash proclaiming, 'Legalize Gay.'

Perkins, who said he was 'a bit more open-minded' than many in the crowd, said he didn't believe the president was coming after his guns.

'I don't think that's quite what he's trying to do,' Perkins said.
The Salt Lake Tribune featured an image of Perkins' unconcealed AR-15 rifle and his pistol.

And, KSL Television news included my brief comment about the rally, but didn't show off my OC SIG.

#104 ·
I did not see as much OC as I thought there would be....during the rally itself, I only saw that rifle slung over the shoulder of the guy on the steps.....but walking back to the car...I noticed only 2 OCers.....I was CC, that's just how I roll....most were probably CC due to weather....

#106 ·
Thank you all for showing up. It was great to see that there are so many that know and protect our rights.

We were there. Great Rally. Mine was the grp with the "dont tread on me" sign and the "Title of Liberty/God gives us rights, not Government" sign.

#107 ·
I counted a half dozen or so rifles, and many OC'd handguns. I was CC'ing but only because of the coat I was wearing. I'd honestly put the "little metal friend" count closer to 2k or more. Not everybody was carrying but I'd guess most legally capable were carrying. Wish we'd been able to pick out some more UCC'rs, maybe next time someone needs to stake out a UCC area and mark it with a sign so we can rally around it.

#108 ·
Thanks to Utah Patriot for the lift. It was nice meeting you and DaKnife.

This was the first time I have ever been to a rally like this and it was an awesome experience. It was very encouraging to see so many like minded joined together in support of our rights and freedoms. I was CCing my XD9 in an OWB Serpa holster and I am sure there were many others CCing as well. I did see 4 rifles being carried. The guy up on the east side of the steps, a scoped rifle that looked like a Mosin. Also saw an AR and a folding stock AK. I only noticed 2 or 3 OC's other than Utah Patriot.

Even though I could barely feel my toes at the end I am so glad that I was able to attend.

on edit: Who was the guy who spoke after the lady?

#109 ·
Took the wife and kids. Awesome event. Kids were complaining of the cold but I told them to suck it up, cause it was a necessity to be there and endure a short time for such a great cause.
It was great seeing all the guns and knowing we were all true patriots. Like the speaker said "network with those you see around you! cause you know these people will have your back!"
Such a great event. I pray that the 20 degree weather, prior commitments, and a short organization period, kept THOUSANDS of more people away, yet they are fighinting in their own way and contacting their Representatives to say "We Will NOT Give Up Our Rights!"
Stay strong people and continue to hold the line.

#110 ·
First let me say it was good to meet you and Patriot, Polecat, the guy after the lady was Nutnfancy known as such for his Youtube channel.

#111 ·
I spoke with Nutnfancy when I arrived and he did look familiar to me as I've seen a few of his productions. Didn't realize who he was until he spoke from the podium though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#113 ·
Even though I was a few minutes late, I did get to hear all of the speeches. It reminded me of some of the rallies back when we were fighting for shall issue.

I hope we can get as good a turnout for rallies in the upcoming months. Please follow through and stay actively involved. Contact your legislators often enough the they know you on a first name basis, and if they vote against your rights, actively work to replace them.

It is amazing what a relatively small group can accomplish when they are determined and involved!

#114 ·
I laughed when someone shouted "WOLVERINES!" that was classic. I thought the one "opponent" they interviewed did not listen to the speeches at all. He claimed he thought we all wanted some type of "armed overthrow." If he would have listened, he would have known that the overthrow of which he speaks is what we DON'T want...but we want to be able to do it if we need to.
I have also heard some Obama supporters claim that we just don't get it...no...he does not want to take our guns...no not him...did you not listen to him? They claim he only wants to make it harder for criminals/psychos to get them.
What they fail to understand is that what he says and what he actually wants are two different things.

#115 ·
I was in CA on a pre-planned vacation with the family or I would have been there. I was actually trying to park to walk down Venice Beach at the time. Sure wish I was able to carry then.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.