Utah Guns Forum banner

UDPL Super shoot

5K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Snurd 
#1 ·
I'm looking for some info on the super shoot this Saturday. I'd like to do it but I've never done a UDPL event before (other than the funshoots).
How does it work? What different divisions are there? Are there skill divisions as well? Or just like revolver/open/service pistol?
Anybody with info please post it.

Thanks!

#4 ·
I've never done the super shoot, but I have done the handgun match. They halve different classes. They basically ask what caliber you are going to be shooting, how many rounds it holds, if your gun is stock, or is decked out. They put you in classes based on that. They didn't put us in classes based on our shooting skills, it was just based on how our guns were set up.

#5 ·
First just go onto udplevents.net, register, and squad yourself. Then show up Saturday with a suitcase full of ammunition........ Seriously though the MINIMUM round count is something like 350 rounds, I always take at least double. Then just show up at the range sign in and blast steel to your hearts content. Everyone there is great it's a fun friendly atmosphere. There is not different classifications like an IDPA or USPSA event, just divisions. Ten round max mags, Hi cap mags, and open. Plus your two revolver classes. You can drive your car or truck from stage to stage or just carry your gear. There is a safety meeting and a new shooters to the range meeting plus your SO will answer any questions. Hopefully we will see you out there.

#6 ·
Photocell said:
First just go onto udplevents.net, register, and squad yourself. Then show up Saturday with a suitcase full of ammunition........ Seriously though the MINIMUM round count is something like 350 rounds, I always take at least double. Then just show up at the range sign in and blast steel to your hearts content. Everyone there is great it's a fun friendly atmosphere. There is not different classifications like an IDPA or USPSA event, just divisions. Ten round max mags, Hi cap mags, and open. Plus your two revolver classes. You can drive your car or truck from stage to stage or just carry your gear. There is a safety meeting and a new shooters to the range meeting plus your SO will answer any questions. Hopefully we will see you out there.
I'd like to go but I think I will have to sit this one out. Just realized I have depleted practically the last of my stash. Oops. How'd I go through 2000 round so quickly? :dancing:

#7 ·
I've shot there on a couple of occasions. It's great! Shooting steel is fun because it is reactive (makes noise and some of the targets fall, rotate, spin, topple, etc.) Plan on being there most of the day. Take a cooler with some liquid refreshments. The type of cooler with wheels works great! It gives you something to sit on while you're waiting your turn at a particular stage of fire. Sun block, a lightweight long sleeve shirt, wide brim hat, and some water bottles that you froze the night before are a good idea. There are some that bring folding chairs, cooler, sport umbrella for shade, and a wagon to carry it all in.

#8 ·
What an awesome day! I'm not for sure as I don't know how many rounds I had in my can but I figure it was ~500 rounds that was shot. The super shoot match is a 100% steel match as noted prior and we had 12 stages with 150 shooters. I had one stage where I shot through 4 15rd mags and still left 3 targets standing. Dang those pesky plates! :twisted: :crying: I have some video of my run through "the barn" their shoot house that I will try and upload. For those interested the next UDPL match is the state IDPA match in September.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.