Utah Guns Forum banner

UCC Dinner - November 12

29K views 154 replies 38 participants last post by  SiRed91 
#1 ·
FRIDAY, NOV 12th, 8pm Bountiful Chuck-A-Rama. It is on 212 S 500 W. If you need directions google it. So come and partake of the fun.

The October dinner was a pretty good turn out but I would have liked to have seen more people. I was curious if I were to plan one for November (possibly the first week) and held it a little further north then this last one, if we would still get some of our southern area friends to come? My original thought was maybe Bountiful area or if we need to maybe Salt Lake. I am not sure about some of the other people up here in the north but I was a little reluctant to drive all the way to midvale (not to say it was not worth it). I much rather would have driven to Salt Lake as I live in Layton. I know there are a few people on here in the Ogden area so I was also curious if they would be more likely to come if it was held in one of those two places (Bountiful or SLC)? I was also trying to think of a place to hold it that might be able to cater to a large group better. Possibly a restaurant with a banquet room or something so we are not all scattered and can meet more people, plus the added benefit of not having to "look for someone carrying" to know where the group is. Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome, I just wanted to gather some info early this month that I can still work on a plan for next month. Your input is desired.

Thanks

See less See more
#2 ·
I think Salt Lake is a good compromise. I wasn't able to attend the October dinner unfortunately, but I used to go to alot of the older ones and we would get 50-60+ people! Hopefully scheduling it a month out will give people enough time to make it work on their calenders. Just remember, mid-late November starts getting busy with holiday stuff, so early November will probably be the best.

#3 ·
Here are my thoughts:
I work in Midvale but live in Ogden. There is no way I can leave work, drive for an hour to pickup the fam., drive for an hour to get back and make it in time for dinner.
If you were to do it on a weekend (like a friday night) but do it a little later (7 ish) I think you would get more turnout no matter where you do it. I could be wrong though?

I think Bountiful sounds like an excellent meeting grounds at about halfway between Midvale and Ogden, but thats probably because it is closer to me than SLC :) I bet the Packingmama and Kevin Jensen think Midvale is better.

I also know you get what you pay for but I don't think people go to these for a fine dining experience.
If you choose a place that you can get a plate or burger for $6-$8 vs. a place that is $10-$12 that makes a big difference to me.

I've only been to the dinner in Ogden a number of months back, but I look forward to making it to another one.

I've been meaning to take it on and plan one myself. Expect to hear from me before too long.

#6 ·
Given that the Jensens have been known to drive all the way to Ogden for a UCC/OCDO dinner, something tells me they wouldn't feel sorry for those who have to drive from Ogden to Midvale.

I'm game for anything between Logan and Nephi, *if* it's on Friday or Saturday evening.

#8 ·
mqondo said:
Also, if you are worried about driving, there are always people willing to carpool. So if it a long ways away, snag someone to go with you from UCC and split the fuel money.
Or get a CNG car and pay 85 cents a gallon!

Right Kevin?

#10 ·
jaredbelch said:
mqondo said:
Also, if you are worried about driving, there are always people willing to carpool. So if it a long ways away, snag someone to go with you from UCC and split the fuel money.
Or get a CNG car and pay 85 cents a gallon!

Right Kevin?
Been there done that. A three weeks later the price jumped to over $1.50 a gallon.
Hah, poor me, paying $1.50 per gallon in my van! :lol3: :roll:

I wasn't complaining about Midvale, just saying unless the meets are done later in the evening its not possible for me to make it to ones that far south, just one lowly man's input. I know it is different for everyone.

#13 ·
#15 ·
MichaelD said:
GeneticsDave said:
Davis County FTW!
- Click on the link...
I'm down with Davis County for the next dinner... especially if I don't have to plan it.
Nope! Sticky Bones is on the hook for this meet. You mention it, you run it!

#16 ·
UtahJarhead said:
Nope! Sticky Bones is on the hook for this meet. You mention it, you run it!
I am aware of the rule, yes.

Oh, and Sticky Bones... thanks for volunteering! :thumbsup:

#19 ·
As long as we don't already have plans, we will be there! As long as it's not in another state :driving: If it's to far North and on a weekend we will just crash at the Dodge's :wink: Salt Lake would be better in our opinion because it's closer....but gas is cheaper in a natural gas car :thumbsup:
So we will be there unless something comes up that's more important than getting together with our other family! :crown:
Sooo Sticky Bones, your planning this event - pick a date a time and a place so we can get it on our calendar and people will show up! :eat:
If people don't like the location or time they can plan there own dinner at their convenience and time. There will always be the ones that can't make it :sadstory: , but the best ones will show up. :shock: See you there!! :party3:

#21 ·
gdlckprincess said:
Salt Lake works fer us. If your wanting the Jensens to show up you better pick a date now lol. Packingmama is always busy. :lol2: :cheers:
No doubt. She ditched out on the last one because of a pig foot class :shocked: ... I'll let her explain if she wants! :wink:

#22 ·
jaredbelch said:
gdlckprincess said:
Salt Lake works fer us. If your wanting the Jensens to show up you better pick a date now lol. Packingmama is always busy. :lol2: :cheers:
WHAT!!! says who?? :D

No doubt. She ditched out on the last one because of a pig foot class :shocked: ... I'll let her explain if she wants! :wink:
:lolbang: :ROFL: As most of you know, I am an Emergency Preparedness Guru and am always taking classes, learning new things, etc. well.... I had an opportunity to take an Emergency Suturing class at the last minute and I jumped on it! I was planning on attending the last meet, but that came up. My better half was there with our kids, so I was there in Spirit. I missed you guys so much, but I felt I needed to learn a new skill and it just happened to land on a great night. :wink: As far as pigs feet go, they had us practice suturing on a pigs feet, which was rather disgusting :ack: but they say it's most like the human flesh to practice on (most realistic). I learned alot and a new skill which could come in handy in the future.

As far as always being busy.... I have been to almost every meet that has been on here for the exception of a couple, even when Kev was in Iraq I came by myself with the kids. Hey, I was even the one that started the meets - remember I got the very first one going. :p
okay I'll admit, my schedule does seem to fill up quick but I make a sincere effort to meet up with you guys! :D

#25 ·
Got to have a date ASAP. The last four my work shipped me out of town and the two before that my better half had to work. We got to get to one of these things. :crying:

The place is less important than the time for me so solid it up and I'll confirm if I can. :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.