Utah Guns Forum banner

Crusader custom trigger and sight install

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Snurd 
#1 ·
My wife has an adorable little Glock 26. Well, before it was just a Glock 26. NOW it's adorable.

She didn't like the 5.5lb trigger pull very much. It was pretty stiff, and really nothing to smile about. It's a Gen 4 by they way. She really likes the feel of the 3.5 lb trigger in the Glock 19. So I did a little chatting with Crusader Smithy about it. He said that he could put in a 5 lb trigger connector and make it feel like a 3.5 lb trigger. So I took it down to him and had him work his magic.

And magic is what he did. He fit it to the gun, making it super smooth, and also took away the over travel on the trigger. This is a massive improvement over the stock connector, and also a couple other drop in triggers that we tried.

I bought a Ghost 3.5 lb drop in, and it was terrible. I yanked that one out, and tried a Scherer drop in that I had laying around collecting dust bunnies. After feeding and watering the dust bunnies, I gently brushed them aside and put the connector in the G26. Still not good. So I took it to Crusader, and he did a fantastic job.

It will be hard to give this back to my wife. I'm pretty sure that she will have to pry this one from my hands. :shock:

Crusader also installed the Tru-Glo TFO (Tritium Fiber Optic) sights on this baby. My wife has been oogling the sights on the G19, and I figured that if I didn't get some for her, the G19 might end up without them.

We haven't had a chance to take it to the range yet. I just got the pistol back from Crusader maybe an hour or so ago. Hopefully we will have time to do so on Friday.

I am very impressed with the work that Crusader has done on this pistol, and all the others that I have taken to him. He is a great guy to work with, and I was very happy that he was able to fit this project into his busy schedule.

This is just what the Gundoctor ordered!

(Tapatalk wasn't cooperating with me to post pictures. I went through photobucket so I didn't have to resize the pics. Click on the thumbnails to get a bigger picture.)

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks good Snurd. I haven't had the need of a gunsmith yet, but considering taking my new baby down to have it Slipstreamed. It's a Sig P290, and everything is smooth and nice and tight, I'd like to keep it that way. Christmas gun, and I probably won't get to shoot it until mid Feb. Dr told me today, 4 more weeks in straight leg brace, and frankly getting in and out of the drivers seat is next to impossible with a straight left leg. Luckily Impact was nice enough to move my free range month to Feb. 15, so assuming I can actually buy ammo, I'll make up for the dry spell.

Anyway, enough whining. Congrats on the upgrades, and let the wife have her gun back. Happy wife = Happy life :p

Mel

#4 ·
quychang said:
Looks good Snurd. I haven't had the need of a gunsmith yet, but considering taking my new baby down to have it Slipstreamed. It's a Sig P290, and everything is smooth and nice and tight, I'd like to keep it that way. Christmas gun, and I probably won't get to shoot it until mid Feb. Dr told me today, 4 more weeks in straight leg brace, and frankly getting in and out of the drivers seat is next to impossible with a straight left leg. Luckily Impact was nice enough to move my free range month to Feb. 15, so assuming I can actually buy ammo, I'll make up for the dry spell.

Anyway, enough whining. Congrats on the upgrades, and let the wife have her gun back. Happy wife = Happy life :p

Mel
I gave it back. Reluctantly. :lol2:

After giving it a few dry fires she said, "I love it".

(Sent from iSnurd)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.