Utah Guns Forum banner

Zev Technologies Fulcrum Trigger for Glock

9K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  Snurd 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
The wifey and I went down to The Armory down in Sandy last week. We were milling around the store when an employee moseyed up to us to see if we needed any help. Actually one or two of them came up to us earlier, but we were still just looking at stuff. This time we decided to look at a couple guns. They have a few of the Zev Industries Glocks there. Some were modified slightly with a new trigger group and grip stipling. Others were completely decked out with sights, barrel, slide, RMR, yada yada.

http://www.glockworx.com/Products.aspx?CAT=3688

He handed me one of the guns, and was nearly floored at the feel of the trigger. I'm not just talking about the trigger pull. That was nice and slick, but the actual feel of the trigger itself was vastly superior to the stock Glock trigger. The stock trigger has the trigger safety that doesn't go all the way into the trigger when it is pulled. It is also rounded a bit. While not totally awful, it definitely could be improved. The Zev trigger is flat with rounded edges. The trigger safety goes all the way into the trigger. Does that make a difference? Did I mention that I almost soiled myself after feeling the trigger? It makes a difference. Really.

Zev makes a few different models of trigger. You are welcome to check out the others if you like, but this review is of the Fulcrum. The kits range from $150-250 from their site. You may be able to find them for a bit cheaper. We opted for the Drop In Kit, which is the middle of the road price wise. For gen 3 guns they are $180, and gen 4 they are $185. That sounds a bit steep for a trigger setup, until you actually feel how much better are. My wife went with the black trigger with the stainless trigger safety. I opted for the black trigger with the red trigger safety.

Our kits came with the whole trigger group, stainless firing pin safety with spring, and some lighter firing pin springs. I didn't change the firing pin springs, since when I changed the other parts the trigger was already light enough. The other springs that came with the kits are a 3 lb. and 2 lb. springs. Maybe if I was using one of these for competition I would change out the firing pin spring.

I think I forgot to mention that the Fulcrum trigger is adjustable for PRE travel and also OVER travel. They come pre-adjusted so I left both of them the way they came.

It only takes a few minutes to change them out. I took a little bit longer and cleaned the old parts that were coming out, and also cleaned the frame and slide where parts were being changed out.

After they were installed, the feel of the trigger was simply amazing. The trigger pull is lighter, and is smooth and zesty. I actually giggled while pulling the new trigger. Tee hee hee. But the best part is the feel of the actual trigger itself, not just the pull. It is too bad that Glock doesn't have a more flat trigger that has the safety go all the way into the trigger when pulled.

I really like this trigger, can you tell? We are taking these to the range tonight to test fire them. :dancing:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409181886.282587.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409181874.582786.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409181857.281909.jpg

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
We are back from the range. We went down to The Armory in Sandy to try out the range. It's a nice range. Probably the only downside I could see is the amount of noise that comes from the ventilation system. Even with electronic muffs, we had to talk loudly so that we could hear each other. But on the other hand, the ventilation is nice to have. :thumbsup:

The 19 and 26 both ran great. Mrs. Snurd really liked how much the trigger was improved on her 26. It actually made the gun more accurate. We pumped 100 rounds through each firearm. Spending the dough on the triggers was well worth it. Just like the dry firing I did at home, they ran nice and smooth. The trigger pull is lighter, so that is something to get used to. Follow up shots were pretty easy since the trigger is fabulous. Popping off rounds fairly quickly was easy.

We likey. :thumbsup:

#6 ·
I've seen these but kind of wrote them off mostly due to price. I have always liked the look of them and though the stock glock trigger was shaped a little strange. One of these days I'll have to arrange to be at the range when your going and try them out but the will likely just lead to sadness because I'll want one and they are soooo pricey.

#7 ·
D-FIN said:
I've seen these but kind of wrote them off mostly due to price. I have always liked the look of them and though the stock glock trigger was shaped a little strange. One of these days I'll have to arrange to be at the range when your going and try them out but the will likely just lead to sadness because I'll want one and they are soooo pricey.
I'm sure we can find a time to meet up.

They do make a standard version depending on the model of Glock that you have. If you get the cheap kit it comes with just the trigger and trigger bar. It's $80, so still a little spendy, but it's cheaper than the whole setup.

Sent from iSnurd

#8 ·
Snurd said:
D-FIN said:

They do make a standard version depending on the model of Glock that you have. If you get the cheap kit it comes with just the trigger and trigger bar. It's $80, so still a little spendy, but it's cheaper than the whole setup.

Sent from iSnurd
I was kinda eyeing their Zev Tech V4 Race Connector and ZEV Tech Competition Spring Kit

But also the ZEV Tech Duty Fulcrum Trigger says it is supposed to be close to the Glock stock with a fixed pre-travel and over-travel instead of adjustable. Not entirely sure what all that means other than maybe less to go wrong if it has less options for adjustment.

#9 ·
D-FIN said:
Snurd said:
D-FIN said:

Sent from iSnurd
I was kinda eyeing their Zev Tech V4 Race Connector and ZEV Tech Competition Spring Kit

But also the ZEV Tech Duty Fulcrum Trigger says it is supposed to be close to the Glock stock with a fixed pre-travel and over-travel instead of adjustable. Not entirely sure what all that means other than maybe less to go wrong if it has less options for adjustment.
The Fulcrum we bought comes with their race connector, the firing pin springs and the stainless firing pin safety. It's only $30 more than the base kit. You could always swap the race connector for the stock connector if you didn't want the lighter pull. Then you would have the race connector for another gun. :dunno: May or may not be worth it.

Sent from iSnurd

#11 ·
D-FIN said:
Is the pull much lighter than it was before or just smoother and crisper? I don't want it to be too light.
It's a fair amount lighter. I don't have a trigger pull gauge so I don't know exactly what the difference is. They were 5.5 lb triggers to begin with. My best guess is probably somewhere around 4 lbs now. It's possible it is slightly lighter than 4, but it's just a guess. We can put it side by side by yours and see what you think.

I would like to get a gauge some day.

Sent from iSnurd

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.