Utah Guns Forum banner

Hanks Amish Belt "Gunner"

6K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  D-FIN 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Got one of these for Father's Day and have been wearing it a few weeks now. I have been quite impressed. I had what I thought was good belt before. It was strong did not have much bend in it and seemed to do the job well.

IMG_0725.JPG

The Hanks belt is much more robust. 1.5 inch to the 1.25 of my old belt so I had to change to the Aliengear C-Clips instead of the Galco ones I had been using. These clips to tend to allow the holster to slide forward a bit more than the Galco ones did but not unmanagable. My horizontal Magholder fit great on it.

I have been quite happy with it so far. I got black as that hides clips better in my opinion. Price is very reasonable

http://www.hanksclothing.com/hanks_amis ... unner.html

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
D-FIN said:
Got one of these for Father's Day and have been wearing it a few weeks now. I have been quite impressed. I had what I thought was good belt before. It was strong did not have much bend in it and seemed to do the job well.

The Hanks belt is much more robust. 1.5 inch to the 1.25 of my old belt so I had to change to the Aliengear C-Clips instead of the Galco ones I had been using. These clips to tend to allow the holster to slide forward a bit more than the Galco ones did but not unmanagable. My horizontal Magholder fit great on it.

I have been quite happy with it so far. I got black as that hides clips better in my opinion. Price is very reasonable

http://www.hanksclothing.com/hanks_amis ... unner.html
These are great belts. I have two of them. No more sagging pants on the firearm side! :thumbsup:

#3 ·
I have one as well, thanks to Alan posting a sale. It's the second best gun belt I've ever owned, and was less expensive than the best. Also, far more adjustable , particularly in shortening it. I give hanks belts 5 thumbs up!

Mel

#4 ·
quychang said:
I have one as well, thanks to Alan posting a sale. It's the second best gun belt I've ever owned, and was less expensive than the best. Also, far more adjustable , particularly in shortening it. I give hanks belts 5 thumbs up!

Mel
Okay, I'll bite... what's the best??? :raisedbrow:

#5 ·
dewittdj said:
quychang said:

Mel
I lost enough weight to not be able to wear it, and I'm in between where I was and want to be so I can't really buy another. But the best belt I've had, by far, is Concealment Solutions leather/kydex layered belt. The only problem with it, is a limited amount of adjust ability. The final 10-12 inches is leather and easy to add a hole or two. Beyond that you'd be dremeling holes in kydex and trying to get it to go through a buckle.

Mel

#7 ·
quychang said:
dewittdj said:
quychang said:

Mel
I lost enough weight to not be able to wear it, and I'm in between where I was and want to be so I can't really buy another. But the best belt I've had, by far, is Concealment Solutions leather/kydex layered belt. The only problem with it, is a limited amount of adjust ability. The final 10-12 inches is leather and easy to add a hole or two. Beyond that you'd be dremeling holes in kydex and trying to get it to go through a buckle.

Mel
Daltech Force has a similar belt. Sounds like the same design too. I have 2. One in brown and one in black.

#8 ·
I need to get a new belt. I've been using a cheapo Walmart leather belt that I've had for a couple years now. It's twisted, has a set curve, and is totally supple now. I get the saggy pants pretty bad since I carry an XDM-9 4.5".

Off topic, but where did you get that horizontal kydex mag holder, D-Fin?

#9 ·
UCChris said:
I need to get a new belt. I've been using a cheapo Walmart leather belt that I've had for a couple years now. It's twisted, has a set curve, and is totally supple now. I get the saggy pants pretty bad since I carry an XDM-9 4.5".

Off topic, but where did you get that horizontal kydex mag holder, D-Fin?
It's not Kydex just a molded polymer. Made by http://www.magholder.com (utah company) I bought mine I think at Get Some but many of the local stores carry them and you can order them as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.