Site Outage

7K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  SteelSlapper 
#1 ·
Yes, the forum was down this afternoon.
Godaddy got hacked. Appears to be up.

#5 ·
sarahbn said:
Snurd said:
Did anybody else go into withdrawal besides me?

(Sent from iSnurd)
Me! :crying:
I got my Fix! I got my Fix! I got my Fix! Well anyhow you get the idea. I haven't been able to get in since early this morning before I went to bed. Withdrawals are difficult on us older folk!

#8 ·
http://www.godaddy.com/newscenter/relea ... tem_id=410

Now godaddy is saying it wasn't Anonymous, it was their own incompetence.
The service outage was not caused by external influences. It was not a "hack" and it was not a denial of service attack (DDoS). We have determined the service outage was due to a series of internal network events that corrupted router data tables. Once the issues were identified, we took corrective actions to restore services for our customers and GoDaddy.com. We have implemented measures to prevent this from occurring again.

#10 ·
Anyone have any recommendations for good DNS registrars? I actually don't use GoDaddy (for many reasons), and I'm reasonably happy with the service I am using at $9 per year, but I'm always looking for cheaper.

#12 ·
jessem said:
I stopped looking for the cheapest after my godaddy experiences. I like pairnic as a registrar. Clean, simple interface. $20/year I think.
I'm more concerned about reliability -- and cost, of course. A good UI doesn't matter so much for something I only use once every 2-3 years.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.