Utah Guns Forum banner

Which option do you like best for a ladies only forum? (Only Ladies can vote please)

• Truly Ladies Only. Men can not even so much as see the posts or respones!

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • I don't mind if the men see what we are posting as long as they don't post!

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • I don't mind if the men see what we are posting and I don't care if they post in our forum!

Votes: 2 22.2%

Ladies Only Subforum - POLL

8K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  Jeff Johnson 
#1 ·
We would appreciate it if ONLY the ladies would vote in this poll as we are really trying to model this after what they want! Thanks.

#2 ·
I didn't vote as per your request but, playing the devil's advocate, can the guys have a guys only forum? :twisted:

ian

#3 ·
ian husford said:
I didn't vote as per your request but, playing the devil's advocate, can the guys have a guys only forum? :twisted:

ian
No. Why would anyone have any reason to cater to the needs of a bunch of crazy gun-clinging men? It's more women we need around here. :wink:

#4 ·
PW said:
ian husford said:

ian
No. Why would anyone have any reason to cater to the needs of a bunch of crazy gun-clinging men? It's more women we need around here. :wink:
+1 :agree:
We have enough dudes here... we need to offer the ladies a little incentive to post more :lol2:

#8 ·
I agree -- us guys have the ENTIRE forum, in a way. Personally I don't want to sit online a b&m about "guy only" problems! :p

My wife thought the women's only forum might be a good idea but she's still thinking about the options before she casts a vote. I think she's leaning towards a totally closed system, though.

I also have to say that she's expressed that she might not use a women's only forum -- that she's not really the "forum" type... I wonder if most females don't feel similar -- perhaps rather than a forum, an email-list thing might work better for them???

#11 ·
bane said:
I also have to say that she's expressed that she might not use a women's only forum -- that she's not really the "forum" type... I wonder if most females don't feel similar -- perhaps rather than a forum, an email-list thing might work better for them???
Bane,

Tell her to check it out...I know she doesn't want to be on the computer too much, but it doesn't hurt for her to read what we are talking about.

TriciaDodge

P.S. Tell her I said hello! :D

#12 ·
Is this a bit sexist?? WOW, at my age I usually have to pay for this special treatment. Thanks guys for acknowledging that we can learn from you but have needs and desires that you will never understand.. like velcro on holsters and nylons don't mix very well. :nilly:

PS I love my husband and he didn't pay me to say that.

#14 ·
Jeff Johnson said:
NOTE: Menfolk are not welcome to post there.
In that case, is there any way I can hide this subforum from my view? I don't browse the forums by subforum, but rather I just click the "View new posts" link at the top of the main page and it shows me everything new since my last visit. I'd prefer not to see topics that I'm not welcome to post in. :raisedbrow:

#15 ·
Udink said:
Jeff Johnson said:
NOTE: Menfolk are not welcome to post there.
In that case, is there any way I can hide this subforum from my view? I don't browse the forums by subforum, but rather I just click the "View new posts" link at the top of the main page and it shows me everything new since my last visit. I'd prefer not to see topics that I'm not welcome to post in. :raisedbrow:
Not unless we hide the forum from all male members (requiring the females to be part of a special member group that gives them access alone). You can read right below the topic title and it will say which subforum the topic is in, so if you see Ladies Only, you can just ignore it...

#16 ·
After nearly a year and a half of experience with the Ladies Only forum, the moderators have agreed to modify the rule a bit. We will allow men to respond to issues that concern women, but let's not get carried away. I've changed the forum to display the following forum-specific rule at the top of each thread:
NOTICE: This forum is mainly for the women. However, men are allowed to respond to the topics of concern to the women, but don't take over this forum. Posts by men may be removed at the discretion of the UCC moderators.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.