Utah Guns Forum banner

gun lost/stolen by Fedex

14K views 59 replies 25 participants last post by  FrankenHollow 
#1 ·
I am extremely upset at the moment. I sent my Taurus 94 revolver in for a repair. The barrel needed to be replaced, and Taurus said to send it in and they'd fix it.
I never received any contact from Taurus, but was tracking the status online. A week or so ago I checked up on it and it was marked as "shipped". Having not had it arrive yet (or receive a tracking number) I decided to call them today.....

Turns out the gun was delivered by Fedex on Nov. 23 and LEFT ON MY DOORSTEP. The guy from Taurus said that they ship everything signature required and does not know how it got left like that. Taurus said they will file a complaint with Fedex, and try to track it down, but beyond that I'm not sure what they will do. I was too upset to ask.

The way I see it either a Fedex employee decided he wanted a new gun, or they really did leave it on my front door and one of my neighbors walked away with it.

#3 ·
Snurd said:
:shock:
I'd be pretty miffed too. FedEx better find it or replace it.

Luckily it's just a Taurus, though. :lol2:

(Sent from iSnurd)
+1
That's the sort of thing you could make the news with very quickly.

#6 ·
I used to work for FedEx express. Couple of questions. Did the ship it ground or express? Get the tracking number, contact your local station, if your north of Centerville I can get you the number. If a signature was required (express), they cannot leave it without obtaining a signature, and they should be able to see who signed it.

Sent from my mobile device.

#10 ·
Oh, I filed a police report as stolen. The guy from Taurus pulled up the tracking number, and it said "left on doorstep" in the notes so Fedex definitely screwed up.
I'm going to call back tomorrow and see if the made any headway, and what the plan is as far as getting my gun replaced. I also plan on filing my own complaint with Fedex.

#13 ·
This is part of the reason why I have a post office box with The UPS Store. I know it won't be left on a door stop or in a mail box. (The other reason is that my parents are nosy.)

ian

#16 ·
kris said:
To Err is human. The fedex driver I'm sure had no idea what the package contents were. What I think matters more is how FedEX rectifies the problem.
True but false. For working for express, you cannot leave a signature package unless the driver fraudulently signed for it. That's why I say get the tracking number/call FedEx. They should have a record of the signature and a name to go with it. Something seems strange to me that the op hasn't gotten that information.

#20 ·
diablokicks said:
kris said:
To Err is human. The fedex driver I'm sure had no idea what the package contents were. What I think matters more is how FedEX rectifies the problem.
True but false. For working for express, you cannot leave a signature package unless the driver fraudulently signed for it. That's why I say get the tracking number/call FedEx. They should have a record of the signature and a name to go with it. Something seems strange to me that the op hasn't gotten that information.

Unless it was left by mistake, given the fact the shipping companies are rammed with packages right now couldn't that be a possibility? Seems people are quick on the lynch mob right out of the gate. Sometimes crap happens, people screw up. I would be more interested in how FedEX remedies the problem and ensures the driver learns from the mistake.

#23 ·
Some time ago I received a package, signed for it and opened it to find a laptop. I checked the label to see who it was from and the package was intended for a neighbor down the block. Our addresses were extremely close. Mine ended in a 8 and his in a 3 but all the other information was the same. So the package was addressed correctly and simply delivered to the incorrect address.

A few hours later, I walked down to the neighbors house but no one was home so I left a note to call me. He called and came down to pickup his computer. Just like the OP, the neighbor explained that the delivery company had made the delivery and it had been signed for. All true.

So it might just be possible that an honest mistake has been made and it can be resolved. The OP just has to utilize the procedures that are in place to resolve the matter. If all else fails, law enforcement should be involved.

#25 · (Edited by Moderator)
Below is a screenshot of the tracking info, Note where it says "Service type: Fedex 2day service - Adult signature required"
but near the top it says "DELIVERED signed for: signature not required."
and near the bottom "left at front door. Package delivered to recipient address - release authorized"

I'm not sure how any sort of release would have been authorized or by whom, because I didn't even know the gun had been shipped. Taurus never contacted me saying it was fixed, or even what was wrong (not entirely happy with Taurus about that) if I hadn't checked the status online, I never would have known there was an issue.

123.jpg

Attachments

#26 ·
Snaggle said:
So it might just be possible that an honest mistake has been made and it can be resolved. The OP just has to utilize the procedures that are in place to resolve the matter. If all else fails, law enforcement should be involved.
I agree, but reverse that order IMO. Fedex screwed up and they screwed up big and it is THEIR ACTIONS that allowed the gun to show up in someone else's hands. Very possibly a minor and if it's an adult, it's likely this isn't their first lap around the racetrack, meaning they're probably a restricted person.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.