*** NEW *** (beta)Google maps listing of all these ranges!
I will edit this post with updates as needed (Please PM me with updates!). Here is a really good list of Utah shooting ranges courtesy of USSC
. I have removed @ from email addresses to help combat spambots.Brigham City
- Golden Spike Trap Club, 1430 West 330 South , Brigham City, UT, (435) 723-3427 http://www.goldenspiketrapclub.com
Take I-15 to Brigham City Take the second Brigham City Exit (Forest Street Exit) Drive East towards the mountains 1 Block (you will see a horse track on your right) Turn right onto Trap Club Road (1400 West, this is also the entrance to the horse track) Drive South until you find the Club House (about one mile) For more info mailto:gstc<at>brigham.net Facilities include Trap shooting only. Bountiful
- Bountiful Lions Junior Rifle Club, (Near the "Block B" on the mountain.) P.O. Box 52 1350 North Skyline Drive Bountiful, Utah 84011 (801) 298-0301 The facilities at the Bountiful Lions Range include: â€¢25 Yard Outdoor Pistol Range â€¢100 Yard Outdoor Rifle Range with 11 benches â€¢200 Yard Outdoor Rifle Range with 3 benches â€¢Five Trap Houses Fees: $4.00 per shooter. There are no membership fees and everyone is welcome. Hours: 10:00a.m. To sundown, Monday through Saturday and 10:00a.m. To 5:00p.m. on Sunday â€¢The Bountiful Lions Range is home to the Lakeview Rifle and Pistol Association. Call the Range for details. â€¢The Bountiful Lions Club hosts a Turkey Shoot each year on the weekend before Thanksgiving. This is a very popular two-day event that attracts shooters from all over the Wasatch Front. â€¢The Bountiful Jeep Posse hosts a daylong Ham Shoot each spring, two weeks before Easter. â€¢The Bountiful Lions Range allows Hunter Safety Classes to use the Range without any fees. Call the Range for details.Brigham City
- Thiokol Range (Private) contact (435) 863-4130 for more information. Rifle and pistol to 75 yards, pistol silhouette, skeet ranges. Cedar City
- Its GPS coords are: 37.775905,-113.212996. I believe it's the one with the planned 1000-yd range since that's definitely where the police range is. Range to 1,000 yards in planning stages. Has been surveyed and staked out. Will become the future home of the Utah Summer Games shooting events. 275 acres have been deeded from BLM to Cedar City for a range. Iron County commissioners supportive. Police range, hunter sighting in range, and smallbore ranges are in use.. Contact Woody Powell or Utah State Rifle & Pistol Association if you can help. Cedar City
- Cedar City Trap Club, Kitty Hawk Way, 1150 West 1200 North, Cedar City, UT. Contact Jack Matheson (435) 586-8921. Cedar City
- (Three Peaks area)- Iron County unsupervised range at 3 Peaks area. 300 meters to berm and about a dozen concrete pads. No overhead or butts. Go out Highway 56 west of town, turn right at sign for WECCO and follow signs to range. For more info call (435) 477-8300. Centerville
- Centerville Small Arms Range, Centerville, UT 84014. http://www.centervillesmallarms.org/
Facilities include: Outdoor Rifle to 600 yards. Host to following type activities: NRA High Power Match Rifle, High Power Service Rifle, CMP Vintage Rifle Rifle (M1 Garand, M1 Carbine, 1903 Springfield, etc), Smallbore Prone Rifle , Smallbore Position Rifle and Air Rifle . CLOSED from November 30th 'till March 15th. See website for details, rules, map, contact info, etc. 900 East 100 South Centerville, Utah Near the ?V? in Centerville. Take 400 East to 100 South and follow the road past the reservoir and gravel pit. The Range is operated by the Centerville Small Arms Association. Facilities at the Centerville Shooting Range include: â€¢300-Yard Rifle Range A 600 Yard Rifle Range is being planned. Volunteers are being solicited to help with building efforts.Clearfield
- Hill Rod & Gun Club - Facilities include: Trap, Skeet, Sporting Clays, Archery. Physical Location: 7857 Maine St. Bldg 2707 HAFB
- Clearfield, UT 84015 Club Hours Wednesday & Thursday 2:00 PM - 6:00 PM (Winter) or 7:00 PM (Summer) and Saturday Sunday 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM. P.O. Box 187 Clearfield, Utah 84089 / Rod and Gun Club, Bldg. 1506 75 MSG/SVRE Hill Air Force Base, Utah 84056 (801) 777-6767 phone / (801) 777-3855 fax / (801) 777-7780 Archery Range Northeast Perimeter Phone. Hill Rod and Gun Club has skeet and trap ranges and hosts a number of events throughout the year. (Need precise building number, I have 2 "confirmed" addresses that don't match)...Delta
- Delta City Public Shooting Range, four miles east Delta on Highway 6 (mile mark 94). Outdoor pistol and rifle. (Contact Delta City Administration (435)864-2759) Draper
- National Guard Armory 12953 S. Minuteman Drive (along I-15) OPEN FOR LEAGUE SHOOTING ONLY (Contact Carl (801) 277-7498 for league info) Fillmore
- Fillmore DWR Range- (More information would be appreciated) Green River
- Green River Shooting Sports Park (Contact Walt Maldonado, viper<at>etv.net , or 435-564-8147)
The Green River Shooting Sports park is being developed to accommodate the needs of the general public for a first-class facility designed for the shooting sports. Some of the various disciplines that have been incorporated into the park are a 600 yard High-power rifle range which has already hosted several State Championships, and Civilian Marksmanship "Excellence in Competition" matches. It has a 100, 200, 300 and 600 yard bench rest, silhouette range, a twelve bay cowboy action range, five station trap and skeet range, and a pistol range. The small-bore rifle range is used by the Hunter Saftey Instructors, as well as the Highway Patrol for qualification events.Gunnison
- Range- open range just North of Gunnison. On US-89 a about a mile North of Gunnison. Turn North-East off US-89, you can see the range from the highway. There are two ranges a shorter and a longer one. Open to the public. (More information would be appreciated) Heber City
- Heber City DWR Range (Contact Nancy Johnson krisco<at>xmission.com) Heber Valley
Gun Club- Located at end of Big Hollow Road in Heber City. Recorded information: 801-377-3350. Trapshooting on Thursday nights 6 - 10 p.m. and some weekends. Trapshooting lessons available. Pistol/rifle range open to the public on weekends and Thursdays until dark. For directions or more information, please call Lynn or Wendy (435) 671-2060 or (435) 671-2365. Email: wendymair<at>earthlink.net Hurricane
- Southern Utah Shooting Sports Park - 5500 West 700 South, Hurricane, UT 84737.
Hurricane Valley Shotgun Range- Trap and Skeet, 5 stand and Sporting Clays. Located just east of the Washington County Fairgrounds. Run by the Lions Club and profits help support worthy local projects. Check their website for more information, or email the range at bustingclays<at>infowest.com or call Steve at (435) 229-2112. Range can be contacted directly at 1-800-847-2190. Kamas
- Kamas Valley Lions Gun Club- Two miles out of Kamas toward Park City. Open range trap shooting every Saturday from 2:00 to 5:00 PM. Annual tournaments in the Spring, Thanksgiving, and Christmas periods plus private special events arranged for you. Call DelRay Hatch (435) 783-5218, Dave Proctor (435) 783-4601, or Clif Drew (435) 783-2743 or email cdrew<at>allwest.net. Kanab
- Kane County Range- 5 miles north of Kanab on the west side of Highway 89. Pistol to 50 yards and rifle to 100 yards. FOr more info call (435) 644-5053 Kaysville
- Wahsatch Shooters Association Davis Co., Foothills East of Kaysville, PO BOX 1771, Layton, Utah 84040
(801) 771-6929 Facilities include: Outdoor Pistol, Outdoor Rifle, Rifle Silhouette, Muzzleloading Check their website http://www.wahsatchshooters.com/Main.aspx
for more information. Liberty
- See the Detailed Liberty Range Post Below
. Weber Wildlife Federation Range, (Contact: Kents Shooters Supply, Ogden, Utah) Logan
- Cache Valley Hunter Education Center, 2851 West 200 North (3 miles west of Logan on Garland Highway), Logan, UT. Facilities include: Indoor Pistol; Outdoor Pistol to 50 yards; Practical Pistol; Indoor Rifle, Outdoor Rifle to 100 yards; blackpowder; trap; skeet; sporting clay, archery and airguns. (435) 753-4600 Magna
- Magna Gun Club, 4006 South 8400 West, Magna, UT 84044. Facilities include: Trap, Skeet.(801) 250-9818.Magna
- Last Resort Clays LLC,(at the Magna Gun Club facility) 4006 South 8400 West, Magna, UT 84044
Sporting Clays available on scheduled dates- contact Joe at (801)556-9638 or dsudbury <at> gatekeepers.com for more information. Mantua
- Box Elder Wildlife Federation Range- (Available to members only- Contact BEWF Range Director Allen Smart (435) 723-5711, or Box 192, Brigham City, UT 84302 for information and directions. Facilities include: Outdoor Rifle 25, 50, 75, 100 yard ranges, and pistol ranges up to 50 feet. Mapleton
- Hobble Creek Shooting Range Range (near Springville) (Take I-15 exit 260, go east for 3.1 miles on State Road 77 [turns into 400 South], Turn right on Canyon Drive 2.5 miles to range turnoff at debris basin dam). Indoor rifle & pistol; outdoor rifle to 200 yards, pistol & blackpowder. Members only range, but public use allowed only when supervisor is on site. Contact Donna Warnock at 801-798-6444 or straightshooters <at> msn.comMoab
- Moab Sportsman's Club Range (Leased with city but club want to buy the land from the state.) [More info needed] Morgan
County Range- Northwest of Morgan- This is an outdoor range and is well kept up by citizens in the community. The range is free for anyone (residents or not) you just need to contact Jan Turner at 801-645-2622 he keeps the schedule and is more or less the gate keeper. He often prefers to show you the procedures of the range if you are first timers up there so be prepared to do that on your first time.
This range has a rifle area and a shorter pistol area and is even used for skeet shooting. You are asked to carry all trash and brass out with you when you leave.Murray
- Get Some Guns & Ammo - 6651 S State St, Salt Lake City, UT 84107 Nice little indoor range which is very well ventilated. (801) 562-1222Nephi
- Nephi Gun Club- 3 miles west of the Motel 6 at south end of Nephi. Facilities include: five trap fields- two lighted. For more info contact Troy (435) 623-5431 or write to Nephi Gun Club, 526 East 400 North, Nephi, UT 84648 http://www.nephigunclub.com Nephi
- Nephi City Sooting Range.
From Nephi Main st., turn East on 700 North, go under the freeway and take an immidiate left (northbound). Follow approximately .75 miles the range is on your right. City owned, public, no fee, ranges from 0-200 yards, including benches at 25, 50, 100 and 200 yards. Open sun-up to sun-down.Ogden
- Arms Plus Training and Recreation- 2710 South 1900 West, Ogden, Utah 84401 (801) 612-9000. For more info check their website http://www.impactguns.com Ogden
- DWR Indoor Range-at DWR Northern Region Office, 515 East 5300 South, Ogden. For info call (801) 544-5827. Indoor rifle, pistol and airgun ranges. NOTE: On 12/26/07 a potential user "... was told that is currently down for renovation and that they had no idea when it would open again if ever." An official update on the future of this facility has been requested. Orem
- Orem Fitness Center, NEW!! FIRING RANGE- The Orem Fitness Center has a fifty-foot pistol/rifle range available for public use. The range has five stations and will now accommodate .22 caliber rim fire firearms and ALL CALIBER HANDGUNS. All firearms brought into the Fitness Center must be transported in gun cases. Use of the range is included with the daily admission fee or membership pass. Youth 10 through 17 years of age must be accompanied by an adult. Rifles are available to rent at $2.50 per hour (ear and eye protection are required and available at no cost). Participants must bring their own ammunition and targets. The rifle range is available Mondays through Fridays from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m., and Saturdays from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.. Reservations can be made by calling 229-7154. Two of the five lanes may be reserved up to one day in advance.Pleasant Grove
Sportsmen Club- (Private) 601 East Center Street, Pleasant Grove, UT, 84062. Indoorpistol and airgun to 50 feet. Call (801) 756-1730 for more info. Price
- North Springs Shooting Sports Complex- Brand new facility with rifle, pistol and archery ranges. They feature one of the finest Cowboy Action Shooting towns (ranges) in the country, the Castle Gate Range.This "Old West Town" includes 15 buildings and 9 shooting bays with over 300 steel targets. For more info on the Cowboy Action Shooting at this great facility check out the Castle Gate Posse page.
The rest of this 640 acre complex includes 1,000, 600, and 100 yard ranges with covered shooting benches, and portable targets can be set at any distance. The pistol range includes 12 shooting bays and a steel action target area. The Archery range has 110 targets (3-D, block or bale types). The Law Enforcement range has 70 turning targets ate 25, 50 and 100 yards and also running man, bobbers, dueling trees, falling plates and pepper popper targets.
There is also a camp ground, and Main cabin with meeting rooms and full kitchen, plus living quarters for the Range Manager.
Open to the public 9:00 AM til dusk Wednesday through Sunday and "Monday holidays."
Fees area a modest $5.00 per day and free for those under 16 years old. Family and group rates are available.
More information at their website http://www.carboncountyutah.com/north_spring/index.htm
For questions and comments on the North Spring Shooting Range email: shootingrange<at>co.carbon.ut.us
Note that a proposed second phase will add: Trap & Skeet Range; Shotgun Range and a Mountain Man Venue, making this one of the finest ranges in the west. Carbon County should be congratulated for this outstanding accomplishment, far surpassing anything the state has done. Even better, they are actively promoting this great new facility and promote use by a wide variety of shooting sports. The folks responsible for the DWR ranges really should take a lesson from Carbon County! Promentory
- [Private range open only to registered participants in scheduled matches] Golden Spike Buffalo range (website at http://www.goldenspikerange.com
) Located near the Golden Spike National Historic Site in Promontory, Utah. Private range open only to registered participants in scheduled matches. Home of several matches for black powder cartridge rifles (Buffalo Match), vintage military bolt action rifles (VIMBAR) and vintage military semi-auto rifles (VIMSAR) at ranges varying from 200 to 1,100 yards. For information contact denny <at> vimbar.com or visit the ViMBAR website at http://www.vimbar.com
- Maple Dell Scout Camp, PO Box N, Provo, UT 84603. Phone: 801-373-4185 Facilities include: Outdoor Rifle, Rifle Silhouette Provo
- Discount Guns And Ammo. :: 765 South 100 East Provo Utah 84606 :: 801-375-0822 :: Indoor range restricted to pistol calibers ONLY unless using frangible rounds. http://www.discountgunandammo.com Provo
- The Provo City Rifle and Pistol Range, located on Squaw Peak Road, is available year round for public daytime use. Starting Saturday, April 29, 2006 the range will be open to the public every Saturday and Wednesday, from 4 to 7 p.m., weather permitting. Cost for using the range will be $2 per individual. Hours and days of operation will be increased if there is enough interest from the public.
The Provo City Rifle and Pistol Range is open to the public from 4-8 p.m. (or dusk) on Wednesdays and Saturdays noon to 4 p.m. The second week of September through second week of October it is open Monday through Friday 4-8 p.m. (or dusk) and Saturdays 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
There have been major improvements since the last posting. There are now three ranges with covered firing positions and concrete benches. In addition to the 100 yard range being expanded to a full 100 yards from the benches to the target holders, the 50 yard range has target holder positions at 10, 25, 30 and 50 yards and has 20 shooting positions. The new 30 yard range has four positions.
The key deposit has been increased to $250.00 (and the locks changed) due to several people deciding that for $50.00 they would just keep the key so they could use the range whenever they desired.
A key may be checked out at the Provo Parks and Recreation Office for a $10 daily user fee in addition to a $250 refundable deposit (cash or credit card). Patrons using the rifle and pistol ranges need to bring their own targets and target holders. For additional information, call the Parks & Recreation office at (801) 852â€“6600, or Dean Hutchison at (801) 852â€“6643. Provo
- Provo Gun Club Shotgun Range- Located 1.5 miles up Squaw Peak Road from Provo Canyon (Route 189). For many years the Provo Gun Club was just a trap shooting facility. With the addition of Sporting Clays in the late 1990â€™s, Skeet in 2000 and a 5 stand facility in 2001, the Provo Gun Club is the most versatile gun club in Utah. They are open to the public for shooting: Wednesdays 5:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. In addition to these days, the gun club will be open Saturdays for 5 stand and Sundays for 50 bird trap competition. For additional information on competition, instruction, large group usage, scheduling, or gun rental, call: (801) 437â€“0595 Richfield
- (Elsinore range), operated by the Nimrods rifle club or the Utah State Rifle & Pistol Assn. Used for registered NRA high power matches and high power leg matches 100, 200, 300 and 600 yards and outdoorpistol 50 and 100 yards. For more info call (435) 896-5692Roosevelt
- Zufelt Range, (NOTE: Open for members of the Utah Peace Officers Association ONLY) US 40 east of Roosevelt 435-722-4005 Saint George
- Ranges to 600 yards in planning stages. Shotgun ranges nearly finished. Pistol range open for IPSC matches. Rest room facilities not available yet. Range Official is Brent Jensen at 435-628-1216 Salt Lake City
- (University of Utah) Utah Precision Marksmanship Society range in the Naval ROTC building basement, Salt Lake City, UT 84108. Facilities include: Indoor Pistol, Indoor Rifle to 50 feet.. Use limited to U of U shooting team members; several leagues who shoot there and also scheduled regional and sectional competition. Used for some courses open to the public as well, but not open for general use.This range is only for .22 and air-pistol, air-rifle. Matt DeLong (801 )581-7462 delong<at>physics.utah.edu Salt Lake City
- Lee-Kay Center (The finest outdoor range complex in the state but not publicized by DWR. Unique rules preclude use for many shooting sports activities so utilization is far less than what it could be.) 6000 West 2100 South, Salt Lake City, UT 84128. (801)972-1326
(Directions- Take Highway 201 (2100 South) west to the 5600 West exit (Exit 11) Turn right for 100 feet then turn left at the Lee Kay sight and follow the frontage road for 1 mile.)
Facilities include: (all outdoor with covered firing points) Smallbore rifle- 50 foot, Pistol to 50 yards (also muzzle loaders), Centerfire rifles (and pistols legal for hunting) and muzzle loaders 100 yards with 200 and 300 yard ranges as well. Also Trap, Skeet, Archery, Airgun. Open every day except Monday, Tuesday and holidays. Call range for current hours and fees. Fee $4.00 per day for adults, $2.00 for supervised juniors. Eye and ear protection required (available for purchase at the range if needed) and targets available. Training classrooms available. Nice clean family oriented facility. Note: Volunteers are needed to help operate the ranges. This is a great opportunity for people who have time to help others enjoy the shooting sports. Contact the Range Manager at (801) 972-1326. More information and photos on this range Salt Lake City
- Great Salt Lake Gun Club (Independently operated part of the Lee-Kay Center), 6000 West 2100 South, Salt Lake City, UT 84128.
(Directions- Take Highway 201 (2100 South) west to the 5600 West exit (Exit 11) Turn right for 100 feet then turn left at the Lee Kay sight and follow the frontage road for 1 mile.) For information call (801) 972-2258.
Open Wednesday and Friday 11:00 AM to 7:00 PM. and Sunday 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Salt Lake City
- Impact Arms Indoor Range- 4075 West 4715 South, Salt Lake City, UT 84118. (Directions- on 4700 South, one block west of Bangerter Highway). Phone (801) 967-8005, Hours of Operation - M-Sat 10:00AM-7:00PM http://www.impactguns.com Salt Lake County
- Hendriksen Range I-80 Exit 134, in Parley's Canyon. PMAA (Police) range open to public for a nominal fee. (801) 582-6438. Salt Lake County
(Holladay-Cottonwood area)- Holladay Gun Club, CLOSED PERMANENTLY AS OF 1/1/2009 Schofield Frontier Base Rifle Range
- [more information needed] Sevier Valley Gun Club
- Trap range about 1/2 mile north of Aurora. For more information call Joe (435) 896-8647 or email roachjbr <at> altazip.com, or Lane (435) 896-2004.http://www.utahtrap.com/Sevier%20Valley.htm Spanish Fork Gun Club
2445 Spanish Oaks Drive Spanish Fork , Utah 84660
(Mailing address PO Box 305 Springville, Utah 84663 801-798-1479) Club located approx.. 50 miles south of Salt Lake City. From Interstate 15 take exit #261 onto US highway 6 or State highway 214 toward Price. Approx. 5 miles turn right onto Powerhouse Road at Little Acorn Cafe and Chevron gas station. Approximately 1/2 mile on Powerhouse Road turn Left at red Gun Club sign onto Spanish Oaks Drive. Proceed about 1/4 mile up hill through neighborhood to Gun Club. Trap shooting only. Facilities include 13 traps (voice release); RV hookups with water and electric. Open Thursday evenings 6:00-10:00 PM.http://www.spanishfork.org/dept/recreation/gunclub/about.php Springville
- Springville Senior Citizens Center Range, 50 East 200 South, Springville, UT. Springville
- Rangemasters of Utah- owned and operated by Michael and Kelly Stillwell. Spring Creek Industrial Park, 712 West 1300 North, Springville, Utah 84663 (801) 491-0909
Features interactive hi-tech targets in addition to paper targets. Indoor rifle and pistol to 25 yards. http://www.rangemasters.com/ Springville
- (See entry above for Mapleton- Hobble Creek DWR Shooting Range Range) Taylorsville
- Doug's Shooting 'N Sports', 4926 South Redwood Road, West Valley City, UT 84123. Facilities include: Indoor Pistol, Indoor Rifle.(801) 966-1802 Tooele
- about 3.5 miles west of Main Street on 400 North. Contact John (435) 882-2429http://www.utahtrap.com/Tooele.html
Tooele Gun Club = http://www.claytargetsonline.com/club.php/2763
Future Shooting Range in Tooele by Desert Peak and Miller Sports Racetrack. = http://tooeletranscript.com/view/full_story/5531661/article-Commissioners-hold-their-fire-on-shooting-range?instance=home_news_bulletsTremonton
- (Box Elder Wildlife Federation)- open to public one Saturday per month and other times by arrangement for groups (hunter education, scouts, military, guard and reserve units, and law enforcement). Pistol ranges at 25, 50, 75 yards; rfle at 100 and 300 yards, and muzzle loading and archery range. Call (435) 734-2612 for information and directions. Utah County Sheriff's Department Range
- The Utah County Sheriff's range at Thistle is open to the public June through September on Fridays 5:00 p.m. to dusk and Saturdays 9:00 a.m. to 5: p.m. as scheduling permits.
More information is available at http://www.utahcountyonline.com/Dept/Sh ... gRange.asp
One caveat to the Thistle range is that that you are not allowed to pick up your brass unless you are shooting a custom or wildcat cartridge. They use brass recycling to fund the range in lieu of charging a range fee. Vernal
- Vernal Rod & Gun Club- located approx. 3 miles North West of downtown Vernal, Utah. The club has been extensively remodeled over the
past few years with the addition of a very large building. The trap line is comprised of 9 traps. Check their website for more details. Vernal
Located on 500 N, west of Vernal Ave by about 5 miles the Buckskin outdoor range is open 24hours a day and is free. There are several 25m pistol ranges, a 50m range and 100m range. For long distance there is 600m and 100m ranges as well as a SASS range (you have to be a member for the SASS range) the 600m and 1000m ranges have metal prairie dogs, coyote, elk, deer and bear at various distances. For the pistol ranges, 50m, and 100m ranges bring your own target. The 50m, 100m, and long distance ranges have covered shooting benches.
The Buckskin Hills Shooting Complex:To get to the range from Vernal, Utah:
Travel north on Vernal Avenue. Turn East on 500 North. Follow 500 North past all the residential housing, past farm fields, past the Ashley Creek, past more farm fields, up a hill and bear left past the Vernal City Dump and travel about a mile and a quarter till you hit the Buckskin Hill Shooting Complex on the Left.Wendover
- Former Wendover AFB range renovation with support of Tooele County. Facilities include high power ranges to 1,000 yards. Need help with target carrier fabrication and installation, and other mechanical/construction type work. With plentiful lodging and restaurants across the state line, this can become an excellent site for regional match competition. Map to Wendover Range as JPG Email: usrpa <at> aol.com Willard
- Ogden Gun Club, 8805 South 2000 West. Trap facilities.