Gunstock repair and refinishing in Ogden area?

Post any gunsmithing services or parts in this forum

Postby scottc528 » Wed 20 Jul 2011 2:05 pm

I have recently acquired 2 shotguns that are family treasures. One is a Pietro Beretta single barrel trap gun with fancy scrollwork on the receiver and really nice stock. It has one problem that I would like to get repaired. The fore-end is cracked. Outwardly it only has a fine crack in the wood, but when you take it off. the underside has a large crack. Does anyone know of a gunsmith or someone in the Ogden area that does repair and possible refinishing on wood gunstocks? I have looked online and most that I have found are back East and I don't want to have to ship it and wait forever to get it back. Any help would be appreciated.
scottc528
Novice

Postby Shadehawk » Wed 20 Jul 2011 2:52 pm

Well I'm a carpenter with experience in repairing and refinishing wood pieces. Unfortunately I'm an hour or so away
"I finally found a cop light enough to carry around"
Springfield XD SC .40
Proudly Equipped With BLACKHAWK! Holsters and Accessories
NRA Member | Utah CFP Holder | OC Nut
Shadehawk
Expert Marksman

Re: Gunstock repair and refinishing in Ogden area?

Postby abrian8 » Wed 20 Jul 2011 3:30 pm

There is a German guy on 24th Street in Ogden. I think his name is Franz Brinner. I can't find him in the book or on the net but he has a small shop in between I-15 and the viaduct over the railroad yard almost right in the middle. It sits on a corner on the south side of the road. If you are heading east I think it would be one of the very last businesses before you get into some residential stuff.

A few years back I had him saw a choke off of an old Sears shotgun and re-blue the barrel. He charged me about $50 bucks and the gun looks awesome.

Message me if you want and I can call you or you call me and I will try and give you better directions.
A man with a gun is a citizen, a man without a gun is a subject.
abrian8
Marksman

Return to Gunsmithing