xd gunsmith

Post any gunsmithing services or parts in this forum

xd gunsmith

Postby bigboredad » Sun 04 Sep 2011 7:49 pm

So after reading all the topics I'm a little confused. Is their anyone in SLC that can do trigger work and replace the sites on a xd :dunno:
bigboredad
Novice

Re: xd gunsmith

Postby moyler » Sun 04 Sep 2011 7:57 pm

bigboredad wrote:So after reading all the topics I'm a little confused. Is their anyone in SLC that can do trigger work and replace the sites on a xd :dunno:

Try Crusadersmithy, or Brant Taylor on this forum. Although I don't care for XDs, they generally have decent triggers.

What are you confused about?
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -Thomas Jefferson

http://www.realworldpds.com/
Suarez International Staff Instructor
www.suarezinternational.com
Utah Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor
NRA Pistol, PPIH Instructor, RSO
moyler
Sniper

Postby bigboredad » Mon 05 Sep 2011 9:57 am

my confusion has come from "we have the parts to upgrade the trigger more xd stuff to come" to nothing ever being said and never really seeing a response to any questions about the xd. I love my compact .45 and have been able to get ok with the stock trigger but I would like it improved. I also would really like to have some fiber optics installed. I just don't want to have to rob a 7-11 to be able to afford the work.
bigboredad
Novice

Postby Snurd » Mon 05 Sep 2011 10:05 am

I have found that posting something for the gunsmiths to answer can take a while. However, if you send them a private message they will get it much faster and will respond sooner.
I have been very happy with Crusader Smithy and the work he has done on my pistol and also my friends pistol. He does great work and also makes a great product.
Slipstream is awesome.
I also had the ST-3 Slipstream treatment done on my 1911, and it made the trigger much smoother, and well.... it's pretty slick. He didn't even do a trigger job on it, just the ST-3. Simply awesome.
www.crusaderweaponry.com
There is a pretty good chance he can help you, so PM him it call him at the number on his site.
Image SW1911 / Slipstream Permanent Treatment
Slipstream - Just what the Gundoctor ordered.
NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun Instructor, NRA RSO
Contact me for SIRT Training Pistols
Snurd
Top Shot

Postby lmj301 » Mon 05 Sep 2011 10:21 am

Crusader can also change XD sights. He was going to change my friends XD sights until the friend sold it.
lmj301
Sharp Shooter

Postby Snurd » Mon 05 Sep 2011 10:23 am

Also, I have been looking at getting night sights on my G19. I know Doug's Shoot'n Sports has the sights, and will also install them for free (if you buy from them). Not sure if they have the sights you are looking for but it is possible they will do the same for you.
Image SW1911 / Slipstream Permanent Treatment
Slipstream - Just what the Gundoctor ordered.
NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun Instructor, NRA RSO
Contact me for SIRT Training Pistols
Snurd
Top Shot

Postby Sam Fidler » Mon 05 Sep 2011 11:05 am

mqondo wrote:I have found that posting something for the gunsmiths to answer can take a while. However, if you send them a private message they will get it much faster and will respond sooner.
I have been very happy with Crusader Smithy and the work he has done on my pistol and also my friends pistol. He does great work and also makes a great product.
Slipstream is awesome.
I also had the ST-3 Slipstream treatment done on my 1911, and it made the trigger much smoother, and well.... it's pretty slick. He didn't even do a trigger job on it, just the ST-3. Simply awesome.
http://www.crusaderweaponry.com
There is a pretty good chance he can help you, so PM him it call him at the number on his site.

+1 he did a great job on my XD45.
"I have sworn upon the altar of God Eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson, 1800
http://www.The-Palladium-Group.com
Sam Fidler
Sniper

Postby bigboredad » Tue 06 Sep 2011 9:07 am

thanks for the help guys I'll drop crusader a line. I try to avoid Doug's like it was the plague
bigboredad
Novice

Return to Gunsmithing