Open carry loaded

Discuss issues regarding open carry.

Re: Open carry loaded

Postby UtahCFP » Sat 21 Jan 2012 3:25 pm

Snowman wrote:^^ sure sounds like it to me. You described the requirerments, and the pistol meets them.
No round under the hammer? Check.
No round in position where a single pull of the trigger will fire a round? Check.
Are to actions required to fire? Yes.

Seems fine.

Yeah... but I've heard officers who memorized "nothing under the hammer, nothing in the next chamber... so downloaded by two".
Ah well, get your CFP and don't worry. Besides, it would be kinda hard to open carry that little gun. :D
Dr. Dave (UtahCFP@gmail.com)
Utah Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor (CFP Class info at http://www.utahcfp.biz)
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor, Basic Rifle Instructor, Basic Shotgun Instructor, and RSO
NRA Life Member
GLOCK Certified Armorer
Utah Notary
UtahCFP
Sniper

Postby Car Knocker » Sat 21 Jan 2012 3:46 pm

NAA Belt Buckle

Whether it met the requirements of not being "covered, hidden, or secreted in a manner that the public would not be aware of its presence" might be an issue since many would not recognize it as a weapon in the setting of a belt buckle and thus "be aware of its presence".
Don

-->insert witty and/or inspirational message here<--
Car Knocker
Posse

Postby James » Thu 16 Feb 2012 1:00 pm

Good call... I've never seen anyone carrying a single-action revolver except for cowboy action shooting and the old western movies, I guess that's why I left it out

I carried a Single Action for years openly and "Utah Unloaded". (Five rounds and the hammer down on the empty hole.)
This is the only safe way to carry a single action that doesn't have a transfer bar. The mini NAA is an exception.
Carry on!
James
Sharp Shooter

Postby wolverine_173 » Sat 25 Feb 2012 12:40 am

UtahCFP wrote:So, with the hammer in the notch, there is no round in the firing position. It takes two mechanical actions to fire the pistol. Is this gun "Utah unloaded" with all chambers loaded when the hammer is in the notch? :raisedbrow:

But the unloaded law only applies to open carry that dont have a carry permit, correct?

So....would you really open carry that thing??
wolverine_173
Marksman

Postby UtahCFP » Mon 27 Feb 2012 9:46 am

wolverine_173 wrote:
UtahCFP wrote:So, with the hammer in the notch, there is no round in the firing position. It takes two mechanical actions to fire the pistol. Is this gun "Utah unloaded" with all chambers loaded when the hammer is in the notch? :raisedbrow:

But the unloaded law only applies to open carry that dont have a carry permit, correct?

So....would you really open carry that thing??

That would be a little holster, and think of the care you would have to take to not conceal. :raisedbrow:
Dr. Dave (UtahCFP@gmail.com)
Utah Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor (CFP Class info at http://www.utahcfp.biz)
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor, Basic Rifle Instructor, Basic Shotgun Instructor, and RSO
NRA Life Member
GLOCK Certified Armorer
Utah Notary
UtahCFP
Sniper

Previous

Return to Open Carry