Utah Guns Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Donations

18K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  Paul 
#1 ·
As many of you are aware I purchased this forum in January 2012. My reason for buying it is simply because I wanted things to stay the way there were. I did not want the forum to be influenced by outside forces. As most of you know, owning and operating this forum does incur some expenses, not to mention the cost of purchasing the forum. I have come up with a way for those who want to donate to the ongoing expenses of the forum to be able to do so.

I have created two new RANKS. The first rank is "Contributing Member" and can be purchased for $25. The second rank is "Sustaining Member" and can be purchased for $100. Once purchased this will become your rank regardless of the number of posts you have contributed. The rank will be good for the year in which it was purchased. At the beginning of every year, your rank will be changed back to the appropriate rank based on the number of posts you make. You are welcome to contribute yearly to maintain the rank.

In addition by making a contribution you will be able to access a Donating Member sub-forum. Only members who make a minimum contribution of $25 will be able to access this section of the forum. The general public will not be able to see this forum. In this special forum the rules will be relaxed. I would ask members to continue to show respect for one another in this "Donating Member" sub-forum, but the rules will be significantly relaxed. We will just see how it goes and make adjustments as needed. This forum will be an area where anything is fair game for discussion.

A few things you should know about this contribution. First it should be looked at as a contribution only. What I choose to do with your contribution is at my sole discression as the forum owner. I don't intend to use the money for anything other than the ongoing expenses of maintaining the forum, but you need to know that things change and I reserve the right to use the money in any manner I see fit. You donation will not buy you votes, favor, or anything other than a RANK and access to a DONATING MEMBERS only sub-forum. Your donation is not a contract in any manner, express or implied, and simply should be viewed as a donation strictly to be used at my personal discression.

Nobody here should feel like they are required to make a contribution. However, if you benefit from this forum I would ask you to consider the worth of that benefit to you and make a contribution as you see fit. I want to thank those in advance that will choose to help. I sincerely appreciate it. I know many of you made me very generous offers to help with the purchase of the forum at the time it came up for sale. Those offers were sincerely appreciated. Please allow me a few days to process your payment and make the rank changes. I do occasionally take vacations and there are other things in my life that are more important than this forum. I will do everything I can to process your donation as quickly as possible though. Keep in mind also that this may take some learning and adjusting to fix any bugs in this program. Please be patient with me. Thanks again for your support.

To make a contribution please click HERE
Or go to my website http://www.myfavoritegunstore.com and click on the utahconcealedcarry.com page.
If you have any questions please contact me via PM, email, or through my website.

EDIT: I've had a few members contact me asking if they can make smaller contributions. I have edited the payment buttons on my website to list a $5, $10, and $15 donation amount. No forum rank will be given for these contributions. I really appreciate any contributions members give to help keep the forum the way it is.

See less See more
#2 ·
I wanted to publicly thank those who made financial contributions to our forum in 2012. These individuals are the reason why the forum is able to stay the way it is. Many of these members I know personally on a first-name basis. One of the members is no longer with us. Again, these are the people who help keep this forum clean and ad free. I hope to be able to maintain the tone of the forum for many years to come.

2012 Contributing Members:
cheyenne20
etcollins
hyrax
jaredbelch
manithree
Ruminus
Snurd

2012 Sustaining Members:
DaKnife
supersoaker
Bunker (though it was never recognized officially)

For those of you that would like to make a financial contribution for 2013, the information in the preceding post is still accurate. A huge thanks goes out to Lee Samsel (Bunker) who has already made a sustaining contribution for 2013. Thank you Lee.
You can make contributions via my website on this page:
http://myfavoritegunstore.com/

I also want to publicly thank the Posse members for their time and effort to keep the forum great. I won't take their money. I already take enough of their time. And last, but certainly not least, I want to thank all of the forum members here for their participation and support. Thank you for participating. Thank you for speaking up. Thank you for helping me learn and grow. Thank you for being examples to those around you. Thank you for helping keep this forum the wonderful place it is. We are making a difference in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.