First (unplanned) OC experience.

Discuss issues regarding open carry.

First (unplanned) OC experience.

Postby morcey2 » Mon 13 Feb 2012 8:15 pm

It was unplanned, but _not_ unintentional. My wife and I took the CZ-82 out for a few minutes down by Santaquin and I decided on the way home to get some cheese curd from the Conoco there on main street. I don't have my CFP yet, so I was carrying in condition 3 to be nice and legal with the Czech duty holster. (The nice black one, not the goofy looking brown one with the flap.) My wife and I went in, I acted like a moron because I haven't been able to find good squeaky cheese curd for ages and the two ladies in there looked at me like I had three heads. The cashier didn't even blink and no one else said anything. I did get a very quizical look from a guy buying gas, but that was it.

All in all, it was very short and uneventful.

And the cheese curd they have there is highly recommended!!!

Matt
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Certified Shotgun Instructor
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor.
NRA Certified Muzzleloading Rifle Instructor
NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
Purveyor of bad jokes.
morcey2
Marksman

Re: First (unplanned) OC experience.

Postby DaKnife » Mon 13 Feb 2012 10:57 pm

Cool on the curd. I prefer to get mine in Beaver, but that's a bit of a drive. Santaquin is still a ways, but it would be about an hour round trip rather than five. Do they have a cheese plant near there, cause that's the trick. It's gotta be fresh. Heating it restores a little bit of the squeak, but freshly made (that day) is best.
SPOOOOOOON!!!

WARNING: This comment may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm, in every other state it may increase intelligence and knowledge.
DaKnife
Sniper

Postby morcey2 » Tue 14 Feb 2012 6:02 am

DaKnife wrote:Cool on the curd. I prefer to get mine in Beaver, but that's a bit of a drive. Santaquin is still a ways, but it would be about an hour round trip rather than five. Do they have a cheese plant near there, cause that's the trick. It's gotta be fresh. Heating it restores a little bit of the squeak, but freshly made (that day) is best.

I spent lots of time in Delta before the cheese plant out there went weird. I would go fishing at least once a week, usually more, and I'd almost always stop at the cheese plant and get a half pound of curd to eat wherever I was headed. I went in there to see if they had any about 6 months ago and they had 'white cheddar curd'. It was old, stale, and nasty. :ack:

One of the guys I work with stops at Beaver any time he's on his way back from California and picks up a couple of lbs for me. :) He needs to start traveling more again.

Matt
Purveyor of bad jokes.
morcey2
Marksman

Postby Kevin Jensen » Tue 14 Feb 2012 8:13 am

...and you didn't invite me to go shooting? :raisedbrow: I can see that Conoco from my kitchen window. :wink:
Let not my last thought be “ If only I had my gun ”;
and Lord if today is truly the day that You call me home,
let me die in a pile of empty brass.

Kevin Jensen
Sniper

Postby RustyShackleford » Tue 14 Feb 2012 2:46 pm

I can't even get any squeeky cheeese down here in Dixie...well actually i did find some at Harmons...but it was lowsy and imported from Wissconsin...Highly overated for cheese i tell ya' what.

Everytime we go through Beaver we stop at the chevron for the squeeky cheese!
had a great conversation there one time with some people from California about OC and the friendly atmosphere of Utah.
If you consider yourself an American, and are not yet on a government watchlist...You're Not Trying.
RustyShackleford
Sniper

Postby DaKnife » Tue 14 Feb 2012 3:10 pm

Tip on Beaver, don't go to the Chevron go to the plant itself. They're only open to five or six in the evenings so after then hit the gas station, but you want fresh ya gotta get it at the plant. They make cheese daily and thus have fresh curd daily.
SPOOOOOOON!!!

WARNING: This comment may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm, in every other state it may increase intelligence and knowledge.
DaKnife
Sniper

Postby morcey2 » Wed 15 Feb 2012 3:49 pm

Kevin Jensen wrote:...and you didn't invite me to go shooting? :raisedbrow: I can see that Conoco from my kitchen window. :wink:

I have to wait for the restraining order to expire before I can do that. For some reason, I can't associate with people named 'Kevin' for another 68 days. :nilly: :dancing: If I would have known I was going to have a chance to go, I might have checked.

DaKnife wrote:Tip on Beaver, don't go to the Chevron go to the plant itself. They're only open to five or six in the evenings so after then hit the gas station, but you want fresh ya gotta get it at the plant. They make cheese daily and thus have fresh curd daily.

Exactly. And then make a trip up to Anderson Meadow to catch some fish.

And anyone know why the cheese plant in Delta was built where it is? (minor riddle for everyone)

Matt.
Purveyor of bad jokes.
morcey2
Marksman

Postby thx997303 » Fri 17 Feb 2012 7:10 pm

I get my Cheese curd from Logan.

But that's because I have family there.
thx997303
Sniper

Postby jaredbelch » Fri 17 Feb 2012 11:48 pm

morcey2 wrote:
And anyone know why the cheese plant in Delta was built where it is? (minor riddle for everyone)

Matt.

I'll bite... Because cows milk runs downhill? ;)

Why?
Utah CFP Instructor
NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor
Email: Jared.CFP.Training@gmail.com
Phone: 801-618-1924
http://www.UtahCfpTraining.com
jaredbelch
Sniper

Postby ThatOneChick » Fri 17 Feb 2012 11:54 pm

RustyShackleford wrote:.but it was lowsy and imported from Wissconsin...Highly overated for cheese i tell ya' what.

Awe. That's because it's imported. I lived in Wisconsin for a couple years. Really good cheese if you're actually in the state. Even if you just travelled over the border to Iowa and got Wisconsin cheese, it wasn't the same.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes. --Douglas Adams

Unless cited, any comments are my personal opinion and may not hold any weight or be correct.
ThatOneChick
Novice

Return to Open Carry