Utah Guns Forum banner

OC and "Utah Unloaded"

11K views 28 replies 19 participants last post by  Snurd 
#1 ·
Are there any of you who conceal on a regular basis but when you OC you remove one from the chamber?

I was talking to someone and for them, they don't like to OC with one in the chamber but once it's concealed, it's ready to go.

#27 ·
mljdeckard said:
Do what you want, it's a mostly free state. Just two things come to mind. First, this idea that you are more likely to get harassed by the police because you have a round chambered seemss entirely invented. Second, there is a long list of things you could be doing with your weak hand when you need to fight unexpectedly. I trained Israeli carry extensively while I was deployed, because we were required to carry unloaded. In addition to there being additional steps, the M-9 has a slide-mounted safety which is way too easy to switch to 'on' during an emergency rack. I learned to use the dimples on the front of the slide th rack it.
Kevin Jensen had an experience where a cop harassed him because the cop thought he had a round chambered. The thread is on this site somewhere.

Sent from iSnurd

#29 ·
mljdeckard said:
For a cop to know one way or the other, you would have to carrying a gun that has a loaded chamber indicator, AND use a holster that leaves it visible.
Or the cop could just assume that it was because of the way it was carried. You are welcome to read the encounter. It took me a while to find it, but here it is. The cop took his gun to check it.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=8889

Sent from iSnurd

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.