Utah Guns Forum banner

Cop thanked me for Open Carrying

4K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  quychang 
#1 ·
I was with my wife and two youngest kids going to Walmart to get groceries well we decided to look at the vehicles for sale at the end of the parking lot. As we looked at them I niticed a window broke out of one and the stero system ripped out so I called the owner to tell him. I waited for him to arrive and we called the police. They arrived documented the scene and gathered evidence. During the process the Officer thanked me for Open Carrying saying more people should. It was a great interaction with the police and he was very professional.

#4 ·
I was involved in a accident a while back. I was OCing when Police responded. When the asked for my information, I gave him all the usual stuff (DL, registration, insurance) and my CCP. He looked at my CCP, thanked me for carrying responsibly, and continued with what he needed to do.

#6 ·
A couple weeks ago we notice we had some camping stuff go missing from our garage and decided to make a report as the combined value was around $500. It was a Friday afternoon and I was off work and at home so I was tucked in OCing around the house when the officer arrived. I walked out the front door and I think he noticed pretty quick as we walked over to my garage. He asked what I was packin' ?(g26) but did not seem to take any issue with it at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#7 ·
D-FIN said:
A couple weeks ago we notice we had some camping stuff go missing from our garage and decided to make a report as the combined value was around $500. It was a Friday afternoon and I was off work and at home so I was tucked in OCing around the house when the officer arrived. I walked out the front door and I think he noticed pretty quick as we walked over to my garage. He asked what I was packin' ?(g26) but did not seem to take any issue with it at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Like all professions there are good cops, bad cops, and the majority in the middle. Hmmm... I seem to remember typing exactly that sometime in a past thread. It would be interesting to see how the same cops would react in different situations. Coming out of your home, having called to make a report, I don't imagine it was viewed as a threatening situation. Finding you rummaging through your garage in the middle of the night looking for something, he might have had more of an issue.

I don't mean to cast either officer in a bad light, these were examples of how such encounters "should" go down. Both were examples of citizens calling the police to do what they do best. Take reports after the fact, when they don't feel threatened by the situations.

Mel

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.