Utah Guns Forum banner

Texas Open Carry

6K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  UCChris 
#1 ·
Legislation allowing holders of the Texas Concealed Handgun License (CHL) to carry a handgun in shoulder or belt worn holster has passed the Texas House and Senate. Now it goes to the Governor, who has already said he will sign any gun-related bills that he gets.

:D

#3 ·
Requires Texas CHL to open carry.

EDITED: looking like it isn't restricted to Texas residents. The law basically strikes "concealed" when talking about lawfully carrying handguns.

#6 ·
Looking into it further... I'll update here if I find out reciprocity allows open carry. I was basing my information on listening to the Texas Senate discussing the bill just before passing it. They referred to "CHL holders" but perhaps that was just a generic reference to those with recognized permits. I've been reading through the language, but I'll have to follow a bunch of meandering references.

EDITED: looking like it isn't restricted to Texas residents. The law basically strikes "concealed" when talking about lawfully carrying handguns.

#7 ·
UtahCFP said:
Looking into it further... I'll update here if I find out reciprocity allows open carry. I was basing my information on listening to the Texas Senate discussing the bill just before passing it. They referred to "CHL holders" but perhaps that was just a generic reference to those with recognized permits. I've been reading through the language, but I'll have to follow a bunch of meandering references.

Hooray!!

#8 ·
Just remember Texas is going from "if I can tell you have a handgun, you will be prosecuted" to "OK, it is legal to Open carry but you still must have a permit"---- Tain't right, but better than before!

#9 ·
JoeSparky said:
Just remember Texas is going from "if I can tell you have a handgun, you will be prosecuted" to "OK, it is legal to Open carry but you still must have a permit"---- Tain't right, but better than before!
:agree:
Still sad that this is the better of two poor options. Honestly how can a person, in their right mind, say that they are liberal and then purpose restrictive laws. :dunno:

#10 ·
aaron said:
JoeSparky said:
Still sad that this is the better of two poor options. Honestly how can a person, in their right mind, say that they are liberal and then purpose restrictive laws. :dunno:
Because, they truly aren't liberal in the literal sense of the word??? :raisedbrow:

#11 ·
dewittdj said:
aaron said:
JoeSparky said:
Because, they truly aren't liberal in the literal sense of the word??? :raisedbrow:
I didn't know you could be figuratively liberal?

Sent from iPone

#12 ·
Its been funny watching the attempts to say there will be increases in crime and gunfights. The people who can open carry are the ones who ALREADY are carrying. It boils down to "do you really think a whole host of bad things will start happening because they tuck in their shirts?"

Liberals have been able to live in their fantasy bubble 'cause they can't tell when there are guns in the room. They don't want to have their bubble popped.

#13 ·
UtahCFP said:
Its been funny watching the attempts to say there will be increases in crime and gunfights. The people who can open carry are the ones who ALREADY are carrying. It boils down to "do you really think a whole host of bad things will start happening because they tuck in their shirts?"

Liberals have been able to live in their fantasy bubble 'cause they can't tell when there are guns in the room. They don't want to have their bubble popped.
Every time I open carry I think that same thing: "Did I just shatter your universe because you can see my gun? Because whether or not you see it, I'll have it with me."

#14 ·
SirGentleman said:
UtahCFP said:

Every time I open carry I think that same thing: "Did I just shatter your universe because you can see my gun? Because whether or not you see it, I'll have it with me."
There was a woman in here early 20's that worked with me at Home Depot. My two co-workers and I were talking about guns in the break room (all three of us carry) and she said that guns were dangerous and kill people and blah blah blah. I would've paid to she her reaction if all of our cover garments suddenly disappeared...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.