Utah Guns Forum banner

Security at Rand Paul events?

4K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  manithree 
#1 ·
I'm going to go Stand with Rand in Orem tomorrow, and I'm just wondering if anybody has any clue what security will be like for a sitting senator running for presidential nomination. My first inclination is to open carry. I'll drive there, so if there is security I could just go back to the car and use the safe.

I didn't think all candidates in the primaries got secret service protection, but I'm not even sure about that, as I don't recall where I got that idea. Anybody else going? Any advice?

#3 ·
Probably won't be welcomed but I recently found this while doing a criminal justice class:

In regard to presidential campaign, the Secret Service is authorized by law (18 United States Code § 3056) to protect:

Major presidential and vice presidential candidates and their spouses within 120 days of a general presidential election. As defined in statute, the term "major presidential and vice presidential candidates" means those individuals identified as such by the Secretary of Homeland Security after consultation with an advisory committee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.