10%
Always open
3%
Always open and unloaded because I don't intend to get a CFP
1%

Total votes : 565

Re: Open Carry vs. Concealed Carry Poll

Postby XDM_Plinker » Fri 08 Jul 2011 11:27 pm

I selected mostly concealed but sometimes open carry. To be more precise it should be always conceal, but sometimes open carry as well since I have my LCP concealed even when I open carry.
XDM_Plinker
Novice

Postby Smokey » Fri 26 Aug 2011 8:46 pm

I open carry most of the time.
Smokey
Novice

Postby Dustin WJ » Sun 09 Oct 2011 10:53 pm

Dustin WJ wrote:I voted "Mostly concealed and sometimes open." Now that I have my CFP, I only OC at home or when I'm attending an OC meet.

Oh how time has changed me! It's been over 3 years since I wrote that and now I would have to change my vote. I open carry a LOT now! In fact, I seem to find my self open carrying nearly all the time. I don't know if I've just grown more comfortable with having a firearm on my hip or if it's my growing passion for preserving our rights, but whatever the reason, I'm really favoring open carry these days. :D
Instructor at Legal Heat http://www.mylegalheat.com
Utah-certified CFP instructor
Illinois-certified CCL instructor
NRA-certified instructor (Pistol, rifle, personal protection in the home, and RTBAV)
NRA Member
JOIN NRA TODAY and save $10!
Dustin WJ
Sniper

Postby Snowman » Mon 10 Oct 2011 12:10 pm

It looks like you can change your vote. I could. Still always concealed. :thumbsup:
Springfield 1911 black loaded target. 460 Rowland.
M&P 40 Pro.
RSO.
To be voluntarily disarmed is to rely on the honor of the dishonorable.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Snowman
Sniper

Postby Jeff Johnson » Mon 10 Oct 2011 6:58 pm

Snowman wrote:It looks like you can change your vote. I could. Still always concealed. :thumbsup:

You certainly can change your vote at any time. I set up the poll that way originally.
IANAL => I Am Not A Lawyer
NRA Life Member | USSC | CCRKBA | UtahConcealedCarry.com
Jeff Johnson
Site Admin

Postby Dustin WJ » Mon 10 Oct 2011 7:22 pm

I changed mine to "mostly open, sometimes concealed." :D
Instructor at Legal Heat http://www.mylegalheat.com
Utah-certified CFP instructor
Illinois-certified CCL instructor
NRA-certified instructor (Pistol, rifle, personal protection in the home, and RTBAV)
NRA Member
JOIN NRA TODAY and save $10!
Dustin WJ
Sniper

Postby kdt1970 » Fri 28 Oct 2011 7:58 pm

Dustin WJ wrote:I changed mine to "mostly open, sometimes concealed." :D

:agree:
kdt1970
Marksman

Postby evalero2 » Wed 18 Jan 2012 5:17 pm

I open carry
evalero2
Novice

Postby Jesse23 » Sun 19 Feb 2012 7:16 am

You know i read the post on this and it seems like some are still not informed about oc as it is a great way to express the fact that it is a right. I would much rather exercise a right than a privilege. Plus "the tactical" reasoning behind that is a joke i would much rather deter a criminal than have to shoot one and deal with the hassle of dealing with there family trying to sue and all the legal matter involved. That's not to say i would ever hesitate in dropping somebody threatening my life but to me some of these arguments that came up just don't seem valid in my opinion. "Only simply giving my 2 cents" :thumbsup:
Jesse23
Novice

Postby Roach » Tue 17 Jul 2012 7:54 am

Food for thought:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dxvOjO7XjMU

Open carry for making a political statement seems to have backfired in California. But a lot of other things have gone wrong there . . .
Roach
Novice

Postby Brimstone » Tue 23 Oct 2012 1:01 pm

My biggest reason for concealed carry is that I am wearing something that would look odd with my shirt tucked in. I much prefer to open carry. Drawing from concealed carry adds top many variables that could go wrong in a high stress situation.

A lot of people that carry firearms will practice shooting, but never practice drawing the firearm. I feel a big difference in my confidence on the draw with OC over CC. I don't notice a lot of LEOs choosing CC.
Brimstone
Marksman

Postby Snurd » Tue 23 Oct 2012 1:13 pm

Brimstone wrote:. I don't notice a lot of LEOs choosing CC.

LEO's CC when they are off duty. Maybe not all of them do, but I'm pretty sure at least some departments require them to.

(Sent from iSnurd)
Image SW1911 / Slipstream Permanent Treatment
Slipstream - Just what the Gundoctor ordered.
NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun Instructor, NRA RSO
Contact me for SIRT Training Pistols
Snurd
Top Shot

Postby James » Sat 10 Nov 2012 7:34 pm

I started packing a gun in 1957. ( A kid still in high school) Yes, OC Utah unloaded. I carried everywhere except church, school, and work. Sometimes even at work, depending on what the current job was. At all times if it was not on my person, it was nearby in my car or truck.

I have only had a cc permit for about the last six years.

OK, in all that time, here are some things I have learned:

If you are cutting up and acting like a smart (censored), you are likely to get frowns from the people around you and likely a visit from a cop. Gun or no gun.

If you are treating people with respect and dignity and acting like a law abiding citizen, you are likely to get treated the same way. Gun or no gun!

The very fact that I had a gun never seemed to bother many people. Only one time did a cop ever approach me about it. He just wanted to chat mainly. Asked me a few questions about my understanding of the law and we talked about guns and shooting. Nice guy. (UHP) He was more interested in my gun education, than in hassling me.

Never has anyone yelled out, "Man With A Gun!" in panic.

I have had a long life and never have I had reason to fear for my life from the threat of another human being. We live in a great place, however, now and then some are not so lucky. Things can, and do, go bad. That is why I carry a gun.

Currently I carry mostly concealed, sometimes sloppily concealed, and sometimes open. Sometimes one in each mode. The difference now from the early days of carry are that I now carry, on person, everywhere it is legal to do so. It ticks me off I have to remove it to go to the post office and church. What's the big deal there? All the same people go to these places. Even the bad guys if so inclined, and I would think if I was a BG and picking a target, I would pick the unarmed one. Doesn't that make it riskier for us at church or the PO than the grocery store? :dunno:
Carry on!
James
Sharp Shooter

Postby lawiscontract » Sat 05 Jan 2013 8:42 am

Seems like their should have been the "Don't carry at all" option on the poll. For those who are still learning to carry or decide if they shall.
lawiscontract
Novice

Postby RustyShackleford » Sat 05 Jan 2013 9:43 am

lawiscontract wrote:Seems like their should have been the "Don't carry at all" option on the poll. For those who are still learning to carry or decide if they shall.

Or lost all their guns in a tragic boating accedent...

Actually I agree with you, there are many here that are new or have come here to gain info on armed Carry.
If you consider yourself an American, and are not yet on a government watchlist...You're Not Trying.
RustyShackleford
Sniper

PreviousNext

Return to Open Carry