Utah Guns Forum banner

4K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  bltdonahue 
#1 ·
I had the extreme pleasure of shooting a Dan Wesson 1911. I went to the range with my husband and some of his friends. They offered to let me try it. Probably a mistake on my husbands part because the gun was so accurate, and handled so nice. I was cutting holes in the target without any problem. I had to put it on my wish list... too bad that it costs soooo much. Well maybe next year!

#4 ·
We went to the store and looked at some, the man just about choked when he heard the price. Of course, I bought him an ak 47 for his birthday a few years ago, took me 6 months to pay for it. Doesnt that mean it is my turn?

#5 ·
Annie said:
We went to the store and looked at some, the man just about choked when he heard the price. Of course, I bought him an ak 47 for his birthday a few years ago, took me 6 months to pay for it. Doesnt that mean it is my turn?
A Les Baer is going to be quite a bit more than an AK, but you can make the argument that you are worth at least 3 times more than him so your gun can be worth that much more too.

#7 ·
Don't take this offensively, I don't know you.
You may be a professional firearms trainer for all I know, but have you ever shot a lower end 1911?
I've got to admit that although there is a difference between my Rock Island Armory and my Kimber, after shooting them side by side I would not pay two or more times more for the Kimber. I don't think its anywhere near twice the gun.
If you haven't you ought to go out and shoot a nice full size not designer brand 1911. They can be had for around $500 and you could improve upon its internals as you see fit in the future when you have money to spare. In the mean time you still have an EXCELLENT firearm that you will love shooting.

#13 ·
What is your price range? I picked up a S&W 1911 last year at Sportsman's Warehouse, because the trigger on the thing was just lovely. It hasn't disappointed. I believe it is this one (I'm not at home right now to double check).

I've actually been considering selling it, too...because it has no practical role for me (it's not a carry piece, it's not an 'under-the-bed' piece, it's just a range piece for me). And I took my wife to Ireland for our 10th anniversary last month, and my credit card has been brutalized and needs relief :)

#15 ·
Well I would like to say that the name of the thread didn't just bring the guys running. My eyes twinkled when I read the thread title and then you added "Dan Wesson" too! :wink:

You *can* find deals on KSL for used ones...but the aforementioned "guys" scour the ads so much that you have to be quicker then them! :type:

Come on out to the next ladies shoot in November and you can shoot mine.

And guys, you can post here as long as you tread lightly, which you are doing a good job. :thumbsup: I know it is easy to get mixed up if the thread is not denoted with the "heart" icon.

#17 ·
I run the ladies shoots in Kaysville at Wasatch Shooters Range. The next one is Sat Nov 27 10am. I realize this is not in your neighborhood but it is in mine and the range has been great to work with.

Annie said:
are there any events in cache valle
There can be if you set them up! :wink: I would help you out.

I did not mean to hijack your thread. If you have anymore questions, feel free to PM me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.