Utah Guns Forum banner

Glock front sight removal tool

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Cougarvoice 
#1 ·
I bought a Hi-viz front sight for my G23 but don't want to wait to install it, so I'd prefer not to purchase one online if there is a local option to buy it. I'm in Utah County and am wondering if Discount Guns or Sportsman's Warehouse would carry one? Any experiences finding them in stores? Thanks in advance.

#4 ·
jobot said:
If you ever make it up north I can install it for you or let you borrow my tool.
Can I borrow the tool sometime too? I need to replace the front sight on my GLocks.

#5 ·
I've used Brant Taylor (Taylor Gunsmithing http://taylorgunsmithing.com) before and have been very happy with his work. He's located in Magna. He's also a UCC member who's username is his real name (Brant Taylor), if you wanted to PM him.

In fact, Brant's going to be installing HiViz sights on one of my S&W M&P Shield 40s and also on my M&P .22LR. Brant already installed Big Dot sights on my other Shield. His prices are reasonable, too.

#6 ·
Paul said:
jobot said:
If you ever make it up north I can install it for you or let you borrow my tool.
Can I borrow the tool sometime too? I need to replace the front sight on my GLocks.
Sure any time. I live in box elder county but work in Logan. Let me know when you can meet up and I can bring it to work. It is funny because a few months ago I made a thread asking if anybody had one to borrow, nobody did so I ended up buying one. I have the nice lone wolf brass tool.

#7 ·
Thanks for the offers, but I forgot that I had Amazon Prime with free two-day shipping, so I ordered a cheap tool (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003E0 ... UTF8&psc=1) and it arrived on Saturday. Ten minutes later the old sight was off and the new sight was on, easy-peazy. If anyone has need to borrow it for their own front sight swap, and you are in Utah County from Orem south to Santaquin, I'll be happy to lend it out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.