Utah Guns Forum banner

Cost to have night sights put on a Glock?

4K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  XSlevinn 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

I'm wanting to put some night sights on my EDC Glock 23. I'm not 100% certain which sights yet, as I am still researching, but right now I am looking at the Trijicon HD's.

I was just wondering if anyone here can tell me about how much it will run me to have a gunsmith swap these out for me? When a gunsmith swaps out sights, do they normally zero in the sights for you as well?

Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

#3 ·
Wow that's much cheaper than I was expecting. Did they sight them in for you too?

#5 ·
As the sights are not normally adjustable, other than the drift of the rear dovetail (unless you buy adjustable sights as a replacement) the only real sighting in that you'll need to do is place a laser boresight in the muzzle and adjust the rear dovetail sight with the sight installer/removal tool (most likely similar to the one Crusader has) until it is lined up (center) with the red dot at 25 yards.

If you don't know how to do this, then $25.00 at Crusader's is a cheap price to pay to have it done right!

#6 ·
Thanks for the replies. I'm hoping to find someone in Utah county since that's where I live.. but if not, I might have to make a trip up to Crusaders. I'll probably be picking up my sights sometime soon. Thanks for the help!

#8 ·
I think I'm going to invest in a rear sight tool. I have a wrench for the front sight that works. My TruGlo TFO's bought offline and had a local gunsmith installed charged me $45, more than I expected! But he had to shave down the front sight screw as it wouldn't tighten down all the way. He loctited it and it came loose twice, the second time is when I realized one of my wrenches for my rc cars fit, tightened it myself, and haven't had a problem since. The shop/range I shoot at when I asked them how much they would have charged "after the fact" was quite a bit cheaper. I'd take it to Rangemasters in Springville if you're looking for someone in Utah county. You can do it without the sight tool and use nylon punches but I'd like to have the tool myself. As far as sighting it in all you can really do is set it to center with a caliper and shoot it. If it is off one way or another you'll have to have them move the rear sight to adjust. But as long as it is centered that is usually where they like to be.

#10 ·
By the way my EDC is a 23 as well and I have really liked the TFO's green front yellow rears. Heard rumors of people having the fiber stick fall out while shooting, but I make sure to never get any CLP near them while cleaning and through thousands of rounds never had a problem, besides the coming loose, for some reason the front sight screw was just a hair long l. That being taken care of I love them. Really bright @ dusk and complete darkness.

#11 ·
Photocell said:
By the way my EDC is a 23 as well and I have really liked the TFO's green front yellow rears. Heard rumors of people having the fiber stick fall out while shooting, but I make sure to never get any CLP near them while cleaning and through thousands of rounds never had a problem, besides the coming loose, for some reason the front sight screw was just a hair long l. That being taken care of I love them. Really bright @ dusk and complete darkness.
Awesome thanks for the info! I'll check them out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.