Fed 150 Primers

This is an area to discuss reloading and other general ammunition topics. Neither UCC nor its staff assume any liability for any injury or equipment damage that may result from the use of any load data or methods that may be posted here. It is the responsibility of anyone using this information to verify that the information is accurate, safe and appropriate for the proposed usage.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Neither UCC nor its staff assume any liability for any injury or equipment damage that may result from the use of any load data or methods that may be posted here. It is the responsibility of anyone using this information to verify that the information is accurate, safe and appropriate for the proposed usage.

Fed 150 Primers

Postby tapehoser » Thu 09 Feb 2017 3:29 pm

My Nosler reloading manuals have my .45 ACP loads using Fed 150 primers.

Is this a weird primer? Sportsman's Warehouse has none....don't even list them in their inventory.

Did Federal make some other new primer to take the place of the 150?
tapehoser
Posse

Re: Fed 150 Primers

Postby morcey2 » Thu 09 Feb 2017 6:33 pm

They're listed on most sites but grafs list them as temporarily unavailable from the manufacturer and out of stock everywhere else I checked other than Midwayusa. I don't know if that means that they're being discontinued but I'd be surprised if they were. In the meantime, you should be able to sub one of the other non-magnum large pistol primers. Start low and work up.

Matt
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Certified Shotgun Instructor
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor.
NRA Certified Muzzleloading Rifle Instructor
NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
Purveyor of bad jokes.
morcey2
Expert Marksman

Postby Photocell » Fri 10 Feb 2017 10:05 am

150's are just LPP (Large Pistol Primers) you should be able to find them readily available, however it's a LPP so feel free to use Winchester, CCI, S&B, etc. in the large pistol variant. Nothing critical when it comes to pistol primers.
Photocell
Marksman

Postby tapehoser » Fri 10 Feb 2017 11:29 pm

Gotcha. Thanks!
tapehoser
Posse

Return to The Ammo Bench