Just ordered my first reloading press

This is an area to discuss reloading and other general ammunition topics. Neither UCC nor its staff assume any liability for any injury or equipment damage that may result from the use of any load data or methods that may be posted here. It is the responsibility of anyone using this information to verify that the information is accurate, safe and appropriate for the proposed usage.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Neither UCC nor its staff assume any liability for any injury or equipment damage that may result from the use of any load data or methods that may be posted here. It is the responsibility of anyone using this information to verify that the information is accurate, safe and appropriate for the proposed usage.

Re: Just ordered my first reloading press

Postby Jake60 » Thu 24 Apr 2014 1:49 pm

Go a gnc or such, buy a 2oz lanolin oil mix with a full bottle (16oz) rubbing alcohol, 99%. The higher % the better. Put it in a spray bottle. Best case lube you'll ever use IMO. 18oz for 5 bucks, it'll last year's.
I gave up on all other lubes after finding this. Not once while using this have I ever had a stuck case.
Jake60
Marksman

Re: Just ordered my first reloading press

Postby NormanXDm » Thu 24 Apr 2014 4:53 pm

What caliber are you working on? Is the right shell holder in the press? I've never had a case stick in the die, seems like the shell holder would tear it apart.
"Be nice. Everyone you meet is facing a hard battle." - Marjorie P. Hinckley
NormanXDm
Sniper

Previous

Return to The Ammo Bench