If anyone is looking for 257 Roberts brass....

This is an area to discuss reloading and other general ammunition topics. Neither UCC nor its staff assume any liability for any injury or equipment damage that may result from the use of any load data or methods that may be posted here. It is the responsibility of anyone using this information to verify that the information is accurate, safe and appropriate for the proposed usage.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Neither UCC nor its staff assume any liability for any injury or equipment damage that may result from the use of any load data or methods that may be posted here. It is the responsibility of anyone using this information to verify that the information is accurate, safe and appropriate for the proposed usage.

If anyone is looking for 257 Roberts brass....

Postby morcey2 » Wed 30 Jul 2014 7:21 am

Nosler is in stock at both Midway and Grafs:

http://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/pro ... ctId/22558

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/812494 ... uctFinding

I've been trying to find any 257 roberts brass for well over a year. I sent a mauser off to get built into a 257 right before the panic all started. Gunnies had loads of 257 Bob brass, as did everywhere online at that point. I only picked up one 50-case bag thinking that I'd be able to get brass whenever I need it. Fast forward 4 months when I got the rifle back. I couldn't find any brass anywhere. I finally picked up a second 50-pack off gunbroker, but paid way, way too much for it. The nosler stuff isn't cheap, but it's usually very good brass.

Matt
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Certified Shotgun Instructor
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor.
NRA Certified Muzzleloading Rifle Instructor
NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
Purveyor of bad jokes.
morcey2
Expert Marksman

Re: If anyone is looking for 257 Roberts brass....

Postby MarshallDodge » Thu 31 Jul 2014 9:42 pm

The 257 Roberts is a neat cartridge. I have a 25-06 that a friend gave me years ago that has similar ballistics. I think the 257 Roberts is a little more efficient and can run in a short action which is always good in my book. 8)
Kirk
-Seconds count, misses don't-
"The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." John Steinbeck
MarshallDodge
Sniper

Postby morcey2 » Fri 01 Aug 2014 6:26 pm

MarshallDodge wrote:The 257 Roberts is a neat cartridge. I have a 25-06 that a friend gave me years ago that has similar ballistics. I think the 257 Roberts is a little more efficient and can run in a short action which is always good in my book. 8)

I really like mine. It's built on a standard length mauser action. I've found a load with 115 gr Nosler BTs and H100V that shoots at just a hair over 3000 fps and shoots very accurately as well. The only issue is that the throat is so short that the bullets are pushed back well into the powder space. I've given some serious thought to having it throated.

Matt
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Certified Shotgun Instructor
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor.
NRA Certified Muzzleloading Rifle Instructor
NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
Purveyor of bad jokes.
morcey2
Expert Marksman

Postby Kevin Jensen » Sun 03 Aug 2014 12:51 pm

I might have a handful of .257 kicking around. If I find it, you are free to come get it. :D

ETA: Sorry, nevermind. Looks like I already gave it away. It was less than 20 pcs.
Let not my last thought be “ If only I had my gun ”;
and Lord if today is truly the day that You call me home,
let me die in a pile of empty brass.

Kevin Jensen
Sniper

Return to The Ammo Bench