Brass!

This is an area to discuss reloading and other general ammunition topics. Neither UCC nor its staff assume any liability for any injury or equipment damage that may result from the use of any load data or methods that may be posted here. It is the responsibility of anyone using this information to verify that the information is accurate, safe and appropriate for the proposed usage.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Neither UCC nor its staff assume any liability for any injury or equipment damage that may result from the use of any load data or methods that may be posted here. It is the responsibility of anyone using this information to verify that the information is accurate, safe and appropriate for the proposed usage.

Brass!

Postby tdt1994 » Mon 10 Nov 2014 10:29 pm

Where is the best place to get brass? I have went to common places that people shoot but I would like to get more bulk for cheaper or next to nothing rather then buying it on the Internet?
tdt1994
Novice

Re: Brass!

Postby D-FIN » Mon 10 Nov 2014 10:35 pm

What kind of brass. I usually just pick mine up. At Dougs or Impact you can usually end up with more than you brought just by cleaning up your lane. If yourclever you can just look for the dirtiest lane. Most of the newer ranges are so new and clean you usually only have your brass to choose from. Cheapest I see it sold at ranges is Discount Guns and Ammo 2 at about $30 per 1000 of 9mm.
You can't win the sheep over to your side if your always showing them your fangs.

NRA RSO
D-FIN
Sniper

Postby tdt1994 » Tue 11 Nov 2014 5:47 am

I usually look for 45 acp.
tdt1994
Novice

Postby AlanM » Tue 11 Nov 2014 7:38 am

Is 13 cents apiece too much?
This site has 1000 deprimed and cleaned .45 auto for $129 with free shipping right now.
http://www.xtremebullets.com/45-Auto-Reprocessed-Brass-s/48380.htm

I guess it depends upon how much your time is worth.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
AlanM
Sharp Shooter

Postby MichaelD » Tue 11 Nov 2014 8:12 am

The best place to get brass is off the floor or ground around your shooting station right after you've shot some new factory loads, IMO. Buy a couple cases of ammo, shoot it up, pick up the brass. Voila! 2000 cases, waiting to be cleaned and reloaded.
S&W M&P9
S&W M&P9c
pistol-training.com
The M&P Endurance Gun
Dr. Gary K. Roberts' list of recommended SD ammo

Carry guns are like work trucks: who cares if they get beat up a little as long as they work when you need them to.
MichaelD
Sniper

Postby FrankenHollow » Tue 11 Nov 2014 2:53 pm

:spit:
Last edited by FrankenHollow on Thu 28 May 2015 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I need a new signature. This one sucks.
FrankenHollow
Sniper

Postby tdt1994 » Tue 11 Nov 2014 7:03 pm

Good to know I love walking around finding them me and my wife have turned it into a game and see who gets the most haha
tdt1994
Novice

Postby JoeRandall » Tue 11 Nov 2014 9:43 pm

I always pick up what's laying around. But I only reload for my .308

On a side note since I don't reload for my pistol if anyone has some brass from not so common cartridges (rifle or pistol) they don't really want or need I will take 1 for my collection and can buy it or trade for brass I have. And I don't mean 1 for 1 I'll give you a fair amount.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Intermountain Firearm Training
Utah Concealed Firearms Instructor
Utah Hunter Education Instructor
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Shotgun Instructor
NRA Chief Range Safety Officer
NRA Recruiter
JoeRandall
Marksman

Return to The Ammo Bench