I need a Dillon XL 650!

This is an area to discuss reloading and other general ammunition topics. Neither UCC nor its staff assume any liability for any injury or equipment damage that may result from the use of any load data or methods that may be posted here. It is the responsibility of anyone using this information to verify that the information is accurate, safe and appropriate for the proposed usage.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Neither UCC nor its staff assume any liability for any injury or equipment damage that may result from the use of any load data or methods that may be posted here. It is the responsibility of anyone using this information to verify that the information is accurate, safe and appropriate for the proposed usage.

Re: I need a Dillon XL 650!

Postby Doctor Jenks » Sat 14 Mar 2015 1:55 pm

^^^ this ^^^
M&P 40 Pro
Doctor Jenks
Sharp Shooter

Postby Photocell » Sat 14 Mar 2015 3:15 pm

Doctor Jenks wrote:^^^ this ^^^

I would try just about anything right now to get playing. I was using Titegroup and and Clays on my friends press, those are the two I was familiar with. So any leads would be appreciated.
Photocell
Marksman

Postby Photocell » Sat 14 Mar 2015 3:24 pm

MarshallDodge wrote:What kind of powder are you looking for?

9mm & 40s&w are what I will be loading. Like I said the two I'm familiar with (I'm a new reloader) are Clays and Titegroup. I bought bullets & primers in anticipation of getting a press but haven't found powder. What do you like?
Photocell
Marksman

Postby Photocell » Sat 14 Mar 2015 9:36 pm

So my buddy only had a half pound of Titegroup but I was able to swindle a cup full. I've loaded a few 9mm with 125gr black bullet moly coated bullets that hopefully I can go shoot tomorrow. I'd load more but hate to find out that the load sucks. So I can't go to town loading yet. My question is, I also have some Extreme 115gr bullets and was wondering if all I would have to do is change my powder load? Or would I have to change my OAL with the seating die as well? That way I could load a few of those as well to test and give me reason to keep loading. Wich by the way is AWESOME!
Photocell
Marksman

Postby D-FIN » Sun 15 Mar 2015 12:39 am

Probably just the load. Let me know what you like with your tightgroup work up I'll be working up one as soon as I clear out what is left of the power pistol in the hopper. 124 extreme rn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You can't win the sheep over to your side if your always showing them your fangs.

NRA RSO
D-FIN
Sniper

I need a Dillon XL 650!

Postby D-FIN » Sun 15 Mar 2015 12:40 am

Have you checked Gallenson's. They had tightgroup a while back. I bought a bottle then. I've also seen it show up on KSL and UGE regularly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You can't win the sheep over to your side if your always showing them your fangs.

NRA RSO
D-FIN
Sniper

Postby MarshallDodge » Sun 15 Mar 2015 2:08 pm

I have quite a bit of Clay Dot, very similar to Clays, and have had decent success with 124 grain bullets. Clays and Clay Dot are pretty fast burning so velocity is on the slower side but it works.

Send me a PM if you are interested and we can work something out.
Kirk
-Seconds count, misses don't-
"The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." John Steinbeck
MarshallDodge
Sniper

Postby MajorNickmo » Wed 25 Mar 2015 1:48 pm

If you want some, I've got 5 lbs left in an 8lbs jug of Titegroup. I've got plenty, so if I don't have to drive it's yours for $100

Fellow DL650 owner right here.
NRA Pistol Instructor & RSO
Utah CFP Instructor

CEO & Co-Founder
http://www.UtahGunExchange.com
MajorNickmo
Expert Marksman

Postby Photocell » Wed 25 Mar 2015 4:10 pm

MajorNickmo wrote:If you want some, I've got 5 lbs left in an 8lbs jug of Titegroup. I've got plenty, so if I don't have to drive it's yours for $100

Fellow DL650 owner right here.

$20/lb That is a very generous offer, thank you! However I got in on a order from PV for some and I feel I will be doing the same as you and sharing with friends for cost.
Photocell
Marksman

(UPDATE) Dillon XL 650!

Postby Photocell » Wed 08 Apr 2015 5:16 pm

So let me just start by saying this press has been AWESOME! & Dillon's CS is probably one of the best I've ever dealt with in any industry. That said I have just finished my case feeder addition. Now it's REALY "alive"! Time to crank out some fun!
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (61.75 KiB) Viewed 1103 times
Photocell
Marksman

Re: (UPDATE) Dillon XL 650!

Postby quychang » Wed 08 Apr 2015 5:44 pm

Photocell wrote:So let me just start by saying this press has been AWESOME! & Dillon's CS is probably one of the best I've ever dealt with in any industry. That said I have just finished my case feeder addition. Now it's REALY "alive"! Time to crank out some fun!

I love how you've figured out to reduce floor space by mounting it on the ceiling. Heck, I might have room for reloading if I can work though out.

Mel
The last thing I want to do is shoot anyone, but it's on the list...
quychang
Sniper

Postby Photocell » Wed 08 Apr 2015 7:39 pm

Actually!........ I know you should minimize distractions while reloading, but, it is a certified dillon product and that wall "needing shelving" was a perfect fit. :crown:
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (82.42 KiB) Viewed 1087 times
Photocell
Marksman

Postby Photocell » Thu 09 Apr 2015 10:00 am

quychang wrote:
I love how you've figured out to reduce floor space by mounting it on the ceiling. Heck, I might have room for reloading if I can work though out.

Mel

:ROFL: I didn't understand what you meant. I was using my mobile and both pictures are right on that. I am now on the computer and well, yah! Wonder how I fix that.
Photocell
Marksman

Postby Photocell » Thu 09 Apr 2015 10:11 am

How bout now?
IMG_6432.JPG
IMG_6432.JPG (90.38 KiB) Viewed 1068 times

And again.
IMG_6436.JPG
IMG_6436.JPG (113.64 KiB) Viewed 1068 times
Photocell
Marksman

Postby jfwright1955 » Sat 11 Apr 2015 7:10 am

Photocell wrote:
quychang wrote:

Mel

:ROFL: I didn't understand what you meant. I was using my mobile and both pictures are right on that. I am now on the computer and well, yah! Wonder how I fix that.

I just assumed it was the southern hemisphere edition. :spit:
John
NRA RSO
No one should make decisions for us when it comes to guns and gun carry. If we do things we're not comfortable with because someone told us it's 'right' it becomes a distraction in an event where clarity and simplicity is needed.
jfwright1955
Sniper

PreviousNext

Return to The Ammo Bench