IMR RIFLE POWDER RECALL - CAN SPONTANEOUSLY COMBUST

This is an area to discuss reloading and other general ammunition topics. Neither UCC nor its staff assume any liability for any injury or equipment damage that may result from the use of any load data or methods that may be posted here. It is the responsibility of anyone using this information to verify that the information is accurate, safe and appropriate for the proposed usage.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Neither UCC nor its staff assume any liability for any injury or equipment damage that may result from the use of any load data or methods that may be posted here. It is the responsibility of anyone using this information to verify that the information is accurate, safe and appropriate for the proposed usage.

IMR RIFLE POWDER RECALL - CAN SPONTANEOUSLY COMBUST

Postby AlanM » Tue 08 Sep 2015 1:45 am

Short article, a little frightening, lot numbers and what actions to take are provided.

Reloading Powder Recall

IMR Powder, a subsidiary of Hodgdon Powder Company, announced a product recall and safety warning for its IMR 4007SSC rifle cartridge reloading powder. The company says certain batches of the powder are unstable and can spontaneously combust.

“IMR has received reports that this particular powder in 1lb and 8lb containers may have become unstable due to possible rapid deterioration,” the company says. “Use of this product from these lot numbers shown on the enclosed label may result in spontaneous combustion, fire damage or possible serious injury.”
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
AlanM
Sharp Shooter

Re: IMR RIFLE POWDER RECALL - CAN SPONTANEOUSLY COMBUST

Postby Snurd » Tue 08 Sep 2015 6:34 am

Already posted.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=20446

Sent from iSnurd
Snurd
Posse

Postby AlanM » Tue 08 Sep 2015 4:21 pm

Snurd wrote:Already posted.

Sent from iSnurd

Interesting, I thought I searched for IMR but maybe my search was more specific.
Also I expected it to be in this forum and not in Chit Chat.
If a moderator wishes to kill this thread I won't be upset.
I do it daily on the forum I help moderate.
It's a little bigger than this site. (3.9 million registered members)
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
AlanM
Sharp Shooter

Postby Snurd » Tue 08 Sep 2015 4:26 pm

AlanM wrote:
Snurd wrote:Already posted.

Sent from iSnurd

Interesting, I thought I searched for IMR but maybe my search was more specific.
Also I expected it to be in this forum and not in Chit Chat.
If a moderator wishes to kill this thread I won't be upset.
I do it daily on the forum I help moderate.
It's a little bigger than this site. (3.9 million registered members)

I just searched for IMR and my thread showed up, but it may not always do so. I probably should have put a little more info into my headline. My bad. I know that I have searched for things in the past that I knew where there, but for some reason it didn't always come up.
Snurd
Posse

Return to The Ammo Bench