Want .22lr ammo?

This is an area to discuss reloading and other general ammunition topics. Neither UCC nor its staff assume any liability for any injury or equipment damage that may result from the use of any load data or methods that may be posted here. It is the responsibility of anyone using this information to verify that the information is accurate, safe and appropriate for the proposed usage.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Neither UCC nor its staff assume any liability for any injury or equipment damage that may result from the use of any load data or methods that may be posted here. It is the responsibility of anyone using this information to verify that the information is accurate, safe and appropriate for the proposed usage.

Want .22lr ammo?

Postby AlanM » Sun 25 Oct 2015 2:32 am

Freedom Munitions has been getting in CI .22 ammo in fairly regularly.
Get on their mailing list.
Shipping's not too bad to your door.
Works out to about 10 cents a round.

https://www.freedommunitions.com/22LR-A ... of-the-day

1500 ft/sec. 34 grain round nose! :shock:

BTW - CI is an Aquila brand name.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
AlanM
Sharp Shooter

Want .22lr ammo?

Postby Snurd » Sun 25 Oct 2015 8:00 am

Ten cents a round can be had anywhere these days. Most gun stores sell it for $50-60 a brick of 500 rounds. There are a couple places that sell it for less, but not many.

Ten cents a round isn't worth it for .22. It was maybe three cents a round before the ammo rush.

People go to Walmart and buy up all the .22 ammo, then sell it on Utah Gun Exchange for ten cents a round. If other people are selling it for that much, then I won't buy it from them either.

Sent from iSnurd
Snurd
Posse

Re: Want .22lr ammo?

Postby AlanM » Sun 25 Oct 2015 8:45 am

Unfortunately I rarely see .22lr at Walmart if at all.
Around here prices are still quite high so I figured 10 cents a round is pretty good.
I am glad to see others are finding it at reasonable prices.
AlanM
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
AlanM
Sharp Shooter

Postby Snurd » Sun 25 Oct 2015 9:13 am

AlanM wrote:Unfortunately I rarely see .22lr at Walmart if at all.
Around here prices are still quite high so I figured 10 cents a round is pretty good.
I am glad to see others are finding it at reasonable prices.

I don't ever see it at Walmart. I'm sure it's because of the turds that wait there every single day and buy what they have and put it on UGE for double what they paid.
Tooele Shooting Supply had a bunch when I went there. 500 round bricks for $35. Firearms Pro up in Layton had the 50 round boxes for $3. Some of their other .22 was more.

Sent from iSnurd
Snurd
Posse

Postby AlanM » Sun 25 Oct 2015 2:39 pm

With prices like that in Utah it'd almost be worth a road trip.
On second thought, I'm not that hard up for ammo right now. 8)
AlanM
AlanM
Sharp Shooter

Return to The Ammo Bench