Where to buy bulk 9mm ammo?

This is an area to discuss reloading and other general ammunition topics. Neither UCC nor its staff assume any liability for any injury or equipment damage that may result from the use of any load data or methods that may be posted here. It is the responsibility of anyone using this information to verify that the information is accurate, safe and appropriate for the proposed usage.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Neither UCC nor its staff assume any liability for any injury or equipment damage that may result from the use of any load data or methods that may be posted here. It is the responsibility of anyone using this information to verify that the information is accurate, safe and appropriate for the proposed usage.

Where to buy bulk 9mm ammo?

Postby Jpeterson66 » Sun 31 Oct 2010 7:52 am

I'm looking for a good place (online or somewhere around utah county) to buy some 9mm ammo for a good price. I'll just be using it in my Glock 26 and for target and plinking around i just want to get rounds through my gun so i can get use to shooting and handling it so if you guys know somewhere i should check please let me know! :thumbsup:
2 S&W M&P9's, M&P Shield 9mm
Jpeterson66
Novice

Re: Where to buy bulk 9mm ammo?

Postby divegeek » Sun 31 Oct 2010 7:55 am

Jpeterson66 wrote:I'm looking for a good place (online or somewhere around utah county) to buy some 9mm ammo for a good price. I'll just be using it in my Glock 26 and for target and plinking around i just want to get rounds through my gun so i can get use to shooting and handling it so if you guys know somewhere i should check please let me know! :thumbsup:

I'm also looking for bulk 9mm, and it occurs to me that there may be others as well. Does anyone know if there's a possibility of getting an even better deal if we can put together a group buy of even larger quantities? Say, 10K or 20K rounds?
Four boxes protect our liberty: soap, ballot, jury and ammo. Use in that order.

Utah CFP Instructor; NRA Certified Instructor for Pistol, Rifle and Self-Defense in the Home; NRA RSO.

I am not a lawyer!
divegeek
Top Shot

Postby MichaelD » Sun 31 Oct 2010 8:11 am

divegeek wrote:I'm also looking for bulk 9mm, and it occurs to me that there may be others as well. Does anyone know if there's a possibility of getting an even better deal if we can put together a group buy of even larger quantities? Say, 10K or 20K rounds?

I suspect we could do pretty well if we did a large order with a distributor. A gent named Tom Jones is doing a project he calls '365 days of training', and bought 52,000 rounds for the project: http://jones.pistol-training.com/archives/21. I don't know where he got the ammo, but I expect he did a bit better than the average consumer on the order.
S&W M&P9
S&W M&P9c
pistol-training.com
The M&P Endurance Gun
Dr. Gary K. Roberts' list of recommended SD ammo

Carry guns are like work trucks: who cares if they get beat up a little as long as they work when you need them to.
MichaelD
Sniper

Postby roseblood » Sun 31 Oct 2010 8:13 am

If you plan on buying that much, contact one of the manufacturers and ask for their local distributor. Contact the distributor with what you want, and you are likely to get his pricing if you meet the minimum.
To preserve your liberty, I will give my life.
roseblood
Sniper

Postby arichens » Sun 31 Oct 2010 8:21 am

divegeek wrote:... it occurs to me that there may be others as well. Does anyone know if there's a possibility of getting an even better deal if we can put together a group buy of even larger quantities? Say, 10K or 20K rounds?

I'd be interested in such an arrangement if someone wants to organize it. I'd also be interested in the same arrangement for other calibers as well.
- NRA Lifetime Member
- 2nd Lt. - USAF IRR
arichens
Marksman

Postby divegeek » Sun 31 Oct 2010 8:25 am

roseblood wrote:If you plan on buying that much, contact one of the manufacturers and ask for their local distributor. Contact the distributor with what you want, and you are likely to get his pricing if you meet the minimum.

Good idea. I found the Winchester distributor (since I mostly practice with Winchester white box). I'll call them on Monday.
Four boxes protect our liberty: soap, ballot, jury and ammo. Use in that order.

Utah CFP Instructor; NRA Certified Instructor for Pistol, Rifle and Self-Defense in the Home; NRA RSO.

I am not a lawyer!
divegeek
Top Shot

Postby Snowman » Sun 31 Oct 2010 11:30 am

I would be intrested in 9mm, but also .38spl or +p if it ain't to much more, also .45acp. On a side note, has anyone else seen the sighn at dougs shooting sports about white box being bad ammo and causing a kimber to spontanously dissasemble? I shoot white box, but have been nervous since seeing that sign
Springfield 1911 black loaded target. 460 Rowland.
M&P 40 Pro.
RSO.
To be voluntarily disarmed is to rely on the honor of the dishonorable.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Snowman
Sniper

Postby faydee » Sun 31 Oct 2010 12:03 pm

i'd be interested in getting in on some bulk 9mm too for practice... shoot me a PM and i will try to watch this thread. :thumbsup:
Using the lessons I've gleaned from Zombie movies, I would recommend you have at least one round of ammunition per person currently living within a 30 mile radius of your location...

III%
faydee
Sharp Shooter

Postby ian husford » Sun 31 Oct 2010 12:34 pm

For those who frequent the Crossroads of the West gun show, it happens again in three weeks from this weekend, November 20 and 21. They always have bulk ammo but it isn't necessarily the cheapest prices.

ian
The First and Second Amendments are so intertwined that that we can not have one without the other. And if there comes a time when we lose both, the United States will cease as we know it.
ian husford
Sniper

Postby Jarubla » Sun 31 Oct 2010 1:42 pm

Discount guns and ammo. They sell center street brass' reloads. I have used their reloads and am quite happy.

Walmart just raised their price of white box by $2, blazer by $1.50

I just looked on KSL and couldn't see the listing by DGA, but they specifically mention 10k round lots

Hope this helps

-Jay
Give a man a fish and feed him for a day, teach a man to fish and you'll never see him on the weekends
Jarubla
Sharp Shooter

Postby FlyfishermanMike » Sun 31 Oct 2010 6:03 pm

Snowman wrote:I would be intrested in 9mm, but also .38spl or +p if it ain't to much more, also .45acp. On a side note, has anyone else seen the sighn at dougs shooting sports about white box being bad ammo and causing a kimber to spontanously dissasemble? I shoot white box, but have been nervous since seeing that sign

I wouldn't worry too much. I think it's a ploy to make you buy their horribly overpriced ammo. Many things could have caused that problem with the gun. WWB is sold everywhere buy everyone and is pretty well liked and proven. No matter what, there will always be quality control issues with mass production. I once bought a box of Federal HST that were screwed up.
FlyfishermanMike
Marksman

Postby Jarubla » Sun 31 Oct 2010 8:30 pm

Found it:

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=11312189&cat=&lpid=&search=ruger

Wholesale Pricing AMMO
10,000 Rounds Mix or Match AMMO 45 ACP, 40 S&W, 9MM, 223, 308
Provo, UT 84606 - Jun 25, 2010
Bulk Ammo 10, 000 rounds mix or match and get wholesale pricing.
We have 45 ACP, 40 S&W, 9MM, 223, 308. other cal. upon request.
Email for pricing or visit our NEW STORE.

Discount Guns And Ammo
765 South 100 East
Provo, Utah
10-630 M-F 10-430 S

We are also stocking Dealer for Glock, Springfield, LWRC, Smith & Wesson, Sig Sauer, 5.11 Tactical, Remington, Mosberg, Beretta, Ruger (Home of the $189.99 new 10/22) and many more.
LEGAL NOTICE: Please be advised that purchases and sales of firearms may be subject to various restrictions under federal and state laws. KSL.com is not responsible for ensuring that your particular transaction complies with applicable law, and KSL.com recommends that you seek appropriate counsel regarding legal restrictions or prohibitions on firearms sales before buying or selling firearms.

Seller Contact Info
You may not contact this user to solicit commercial services or products. If you have been contacted for a commercial purpose please report it here.
Contact Name:
Kevin
Home Phone:
801-375-0822
Work Phone:
801-375-0822
Give a man a fish and feed him for a day, teach a man to fish and you'll never see him on the weekends
Jarubla
Sharp Shooter

Postby jaredbelch » Sun 31 Oct 2010 8:58 pm

I'd be interested in going in on this as well. Let me know what you find out.
Utah CFP Instructor
NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor
Email: Jared.CFP.Training@gmail.com
Phone: 801-618-1924
http://www.UtahCfpTraining.com
jaredbelch
Sniper

Postby MT4Runner » Mon 01 Nov 2010 1:12 pm

Here are a couple more sources for high-volume reloaded bulk ammunition.

http://www.thehuntingshack.com/catalog/ ... index.html
http://www.bvac-ammo.com/page10.html
MT4Runner
Novice

Postby Wolfman » Mon 01 Nov 2010 2:10 pm

MT4Runner wrote:Here are a couple more sources for high-volume reloaded bulk ammunition.

http://www.thehuntingshack.com/catalog/ ... index.html
http://www.bvac-ammo.com/page10.html

I checked out 9mm at the Hunting Shack, and their remanufactured 9mm prices looked HIGHER than brand-new ammo from Aim Surplus, MIdsouth, or Palmetto...
Wolfman
Marksman

Next

Return to The Ammo Bench