Utah Guns Forum banner

Funny story for Disneyland Security

4K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  gravedancer 
#1 ·
The Wife and kids have been in Peoples Republik of Kalifornia this last week with some other family members. When they went to DIsneyland on one of the days they had to submit to a bag search. My daughter-In-Law had her pepper spray confiscated when they saw it in her bag. My wife who left her gun at home for the trip wen through with her CCW purse and all they did was look in the main pocket. They never even looked at the pocket that would have held her gun if she had it in there. They never checked anything on body so even if she had been wearing it like usual (especially if it had been in her belly band) it would have never even been noticed. :shades:

#2 ·
That is the case with most "security". Anyone who really wanted to get something through and didnt care about laws/notices prohibiting guns could easily do so.

I had a similar experience at the canadian border back in april. Left my gun at home specifically to avoid hassle at the border... got hassled anyway once they found out I was a gun owner... but despite spending over an hour tearing my car apart looking for smuggled weapons... they never once searched me. Had I been carrying, id have easily gotten my gun into canada.

#4 ·
gravedancer said:
D-FIN said:
The Wife and kids have been in Peoples Republik of Kalifornia this last week with some other family members. When they went to DIsneyland on one of the days they had to submit to a bag search. My daughter-In-Law had her pepper spray confiscated when they saw it in her bag. My wife who left her gun at home for the trip wen through with her CCW purse and all they did was look in the main pocket. They never even looked at the pocket that would have held her gun if she had it in there. They never checked anything on body so even if she had been wearing it like usual (especially if it had been in her belly band) it would have never even been noticed. :shades:
That is the case with most "security". Anyone who really wanted to get something through and didnt care about laws/notices prohibiting guns could easily do so.

I had a similar experience at the canadian border back in april. Left my gun at home specifically to avoid hassle at the border... got hassled anyway once they found out I was a gun owner... but despite spending over an hour tearing my car apart looking for smuggled weapons... they never once searched me. Had I been carrying, id have easily gotten my gun into canada.
Had a similar experience at the Canadian border a few years back.

#5 ·
ObiRich said:
gravedancer said:
Had a similar experience at the Canadian border a few years back.
I guess security at US Military Installations is more reasonable than the Canook border cops.

On several occasions I've needed to use my Utah carry permit as an ID when visiting military bases. The security officers inevitably ask if I have a gun with me. My standard response of, "No. I prefer never to see the inside of a federal prison so I leave the guns home for these trips," has always been sufficient to proceed without any further special scrutiny.

Charles

#7 ·
From my understanding, Disney security is actually pretty effective, albeit mostly in their behind-the-scenes stuff. I suspect the gate checks are focused on giving patrons warm fuzzies and possibly catching the guys looking to go on a rampage.

Even so, they are constantly hiring entry-level employees and employee entrances (at least in Orlando) are even less secured

#8 ·
gravedancer said:
I had a similar experience at the canadian border back in april. Left my gun at home specifically to avoid hassle at the border.
So you thought about carrying your weapon into Canada? As far as I know there is no hassle at the Canadian border if you are carrying a concealed firearm there is just arrest and jail time. In general bringing a handgun into Canada is a no go.

I have crossed the border 3 times for hunting purposes with a shotgun or 3 and have had very little problems but I have had all the paperwork ready. My biggest hassle was getting back into the USA.

#9 ·
muddy said:
gravedancer said:
I had a similar experience at the canadian border back in april. Left my gun at home specifically to avoid hassle at the border.
So you thought about carrying your weapon into Canada? As far as I know there is no hassle at the Canadian border if you are carrying a concealed firearm there is just arrest and jail time. In general bringing a handgun into Canada is a no go.

I have crossed the border 3 times for hunting purposes with a shotgun or 3 and have had very little problems but I have had all the paperwork ready. My biggest hassle was getting back into the USA.
They actually have a process you can go through to bring a handgun** into canada. It just seemed in my research like too much hassle, AND, since its up to the mounties discretion whether or not to allow you across with it, there was the possibility I could be at the tail end of a 1300 mile trip and get turned back at the border, which I didnt want to risk.

Basically the process is.... go to the RCMP website, fill out a form (in triplicate) detailing what handgun you want to bring into canada and why. Bring that with you to the border along with your gun... and declare such to the rcmp border guard when asked. Then hope he decides to let you across. Properly documenting and declaring it should prevent any arrest and jail time, but if they decide not to let you cross (the paperwork you fill out is basically an application for the right to bring a weapon in, and the border guard can deny the request at his discretion), unless you live close to the border and can go drop the gun off at home you are SOL. That would be the hassle I was hoping to avoid.

** note that to bring a handgun in, it must be one that falls into their "Restricted" category and not the "Prohibited" category. Basically this means restrictions on calibers and a barrel length over 4".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.