Utah Guns Forum banner

Candidate for 2015 dumbest anti-gun statement.

6K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  steelhawk 
#1 ·
This quote can be found in this article about an anti-gun march held on Saturday 12/19/15 in Akron, Ohio because of a man open carrying a rifle a week or so earlier.

Organizer Robert Grow, a Fairlawn resident who has been a gun-control advocate for approximately 10 years, said he believes citizens should only buy guns for hunting. Even those guns should be non-lethal, he said.

"The problem is the law," Grow said. "The problem is that the government is influenced by the gun industry."
I don't know about Mr. Grow, but I prefer my food to be dead and usually cooked BEFORE I try to eat it.
That pre-supposes that something lethal was used on said food at some point in time.

I guess he figures hunters should round up the deer and herd them to a public slaughter house for proper dispatching.

#2 ·
Ah, but if hunters were to use a non-lethal form of hunting they could pretend to shoot the deer with their pretend rifles using pretend 30-06 ammo, pretend to dress the deer, and only pretend to cook and eat it, they could, instead, invite the deer to join them at the dining table for a vegan meal.

Now, if we only we could pretend we had intelligent government officials. :raisedbrow:

:fudd:
:eating:

#3 ·
It just occurred to me that Mr. Grow fits in the same group as the woman that said that people shouldn't hunt to put meat on their table. Instead they should buy their meat from a store because that way no animal need be killed.

My first wife once told me to buy canned mushrooms instead of fresh because she was afraid that whoever picked the fresh ones might have harvested poisonous ones (toad stools).
I responded with "Where the H*** do you think the mushrooms in the cans come from?"

#4 ·
I have seen these types of no-lethal guns used on ducks. It makes their (duck) bills revolve around their heads several times, stops at the side, the Duck then has to grab their bill and straiten it to the front, followed by saying...

"Youuu'rrrre Dissthhhpickable!"

#5 ·
RustyShackleford said:
I have seen these types of no-lethal guns used on ducks. It makes their (duck) bills revolve around their heads several times, stops at the side, the Duck then has to grab their bill and straiten it to the front, followed by saying...

"Youuu'rrrre Dissthhhpickable!"
:spit:
...that's a lethal quote...

#6 ·
I tried the non-lethal option this year for the black powder deer hunt. Shot him in the antler, and knocked him down. It felt great, but then he got up and ran off before I could finish reloading. No yummy venison, not very satisfying. After giving it a try I can vouch that catch and release hunting is not my preferred method.

#7 ·
AlanM said:
It just occurred to me that Mr. Grow fits in the same group as the woman that said that people shouldn't hunt to put meat on their table. Instead they should buy their meat from a store because that way no animal need be killed.
One of the girls in my ward at BYU when I was a freshman believed that exact same thing, but she took it to a whole new level. She thought all of the farmers should move in the city since we didn't really need them because we can get our food from the grocery store instead of the farm. She was serious. _AND_ she was in the honors program. She was one of the dumbest smart people I've ever met. She thought that the farmers should get real jobs instead of trying to hold on to an unnecessary tradition.

Back to the OP. When I go hunting, it's pretty much non-lethal. No catch-and-release. The "catch" part just never seems to happen.

Matt

#8 ·
morcey2 said:
AlanM said:
One of the girls in my ward at BYU when I was a freshman believed that exact same thing, but she took it to a whole new level. She thought all of the farmers should move in the city since we didn't really need them because we can get our food from the grocery store instead of the farm. She was serious. _AND_ she was in the honors program. She was one of the dumbest smart people I've ever met. She thought that the farmers should get real jobs instead of trying to hold on to an unnecessary tradition.

Back to the OP. When I go hunting, it's pretty much non-lethal. No catch-and-release. The "catch" part just never seems to happen.

Matt
"Common Sense" is not automatically coincident with so called "intelligence!"

#9 ·
I guess you could Tase the deer, then use a club when it is down. Tasers don't actually knock you out like the movies show, so you'd have to be pretty quick with the club before the charge runs out. Not to mention you have to be really good at sneaking up on deer to get close enough to use a Taser. There is that shotgun shell Taser thingie... hmm.....

#10 ·
This level of stupidity makes my brain hurt. The scariest thing about it is how it casts its shadow on everything about which affected persons think, at least to the extent to which those persons think at all. This kind of persistent stupidity is why a large percentage of the general populace *still* regularly votes for liberal Democrats year after year in spite of a truly devastating history of policy failures and why that percentage tends to swallow or even proclaim loudly the notion that humans have significantly affected global climate. Bringing up the millions of years of much higher temperatures during the clomping reign of the dinosaurs might as well be saved as a total waste of breath, and pointing out the repeated dishonesties and betrayals of the Barack Hussein Obama and Hillary Rodham Clinton gang is like making casual comments about fairies and unicorns, noise signifying nothing. It's as if the brains of these idiotic people are genetically defective in a way that one suspects could eventually be identified clearly enough to practice long-overdue and desperately needed eugenics. :nilly:

Seriously, just watch closely the next time you move yourself wearily to initiate a futile line of inquiry with an obvious question such as, "Whence the meat? Does it pop out of thin air?" You will see in the incurable idiot an indescribably weird inability to follow logical thought. :dunno:

morcey2 said:
AlanM said:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.