Hello All!

Please introduce yourself and give us a chance to welcome you to our community.
Forum rules
The purpose of this sub-forum is for new members to introduce themselves and for other forum members to welcome them to UCC. This is not, however, a sub-forum for boosting your post count by going back and posting to all the old introduction threads. If the introduction thread is more than a week old, please refrain from posting to it.

Hello All!

Postby batbag12 » Thu 09 Mar 2017 9:34 am

Hello all,

New to the forum and I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Andrew. I currently live in Sunnyside, Ut. Most people have no idea where that is and when I bring it up they give me a puzzled look like, "I know you are making that up." The easy way to remember it is that it is between Price and Green River. If you are driving South down US 6 and you reach the point where you are thinking "Where am I?" then you must be getting close to Sunnyside! ;)

I have lived all over the state. I was born in Payson and lived in Spanish Fork for 11 years, but moved to Mt. Pleasant and stayed there throughout my teenage years. So when someone asks me where I am from I typically say I grew up in Mt. Pleasant. That is where I learned to hunt, fish, shoot, and pretty much everything else.

I am currently a student, even though I am nearing 30. I broke my back a few years ago and can no longer do the manual labor jobs I was accustomed to so I went back to school to see what a diploma can do for me. I did apprentice gunsmithing for a while and thoroughly enjoyed it, but the money just wasn't there to support the family. I am extremely familiar with many different types of firearms for this reason and have strong opinions about most of them. For that reason, you will probably see me chiming in on gun talk and things like that. However, I really did join so I can keep up on Utah CCW news and developments. I also want to be able to ask those in the know about carrying throughout the state. I know that Utah/Salt Lake counties are rapidly changing (and not for the better in my eyes) and carrying in a lot of places up North is getting trickier. Since I don't get up there very often except for events I will usually ask about the firearms policy of specific venues from those in the know. I try to avoid that hassle beforehand so I am not running back to the car to stash my firearm.... Not knowing who was watching me do so.

Anyway, I just want to say thanks for letting me join the forum, and while you probably won't hear much from me I will be prowling around and may chirp in here or there.
batbag12
Novice

Re: Hello All!

Postby D-FIN » Thu 09 Mar 2017 10:34 am

Welcome!

While those areas mention are among the liberal hot beds of this state they still have no power to override state preemption laws so nothing is really any different as far as carry goes there as would be anywhere else in the state so I wouldn't worry too much
You can't win the sheep over to your side if your always showing them your fangs.

NRA RSO
D-FIN
Sniper

Postby jfwright1955 » Thu 09 Mar 2017 12:18 pm

Welcome from Farmington and to the forum, Andrew.
John
NRA RSO
No one should make decisions for us when it comes to guns and gun carry. If we do things we're not comfortable with because someone told us it's 'right' it becomes a distraction in an event where clarity and simplicity is needed.
jfwright1955
Sniper

Postby Wrangler_dave9 » Sun 12 Mar 2017 8:20 am

Welcome to the forum, Batbag12. Please read the PM I sent you when you get a chance. :-D
Just another day in paradise.
Wrangler_dave9
Marksman

Postby Snurd » Sun 12 Mar 2017 10:01 am

:welcome: from SLC! :D

Sent from my iSnurd
Snurd
Posse

Postby tapehoser » Wed 05 Apr 2017 5:42 pm

Welcome!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
tapehoser
Posse

Postby Photocell » Fri 07 Apr 2017 8:53 am

Welcome! From Spanish Fork.
Photocell
Marksman

Postby Cinhil » Fri 07 Apr 2017 9:34 pm

Welcome from Midvale, and glad to have you aboard. And yes, as was mentioned, cities cannot preempt existing state law, unlike states like the Republik of Kalifornia where every city can create any law which overrides state law. Just read past comments on subjects you may e interested in and many of your questions will e answered. Another great source is to get a copy f Utah Gun Laws by Mitch Vilos, pretty much the bible or gun guys and gals when it comes to Utah law.
Again - Welcome aboard! :thumbsup:
What part of "Shall not be infringed" is not being abused today!

Even Knights had "Modern" weapons!

'Sed quis custodiet ipsos cutodes' ("Who watches the watchmen?”)."
Cinhil
Sniper

Return to Introduce Yourself