Hello from Davis county

Please introduce yourself and give us a chance to welcome you to our community.
Forum rules
The purpose of this sub-forum is for new members to introduce themselves and for other forum members to welcome them to UCC. This is not, however, a sub-forum for boosting your post count by going back and posting to all the old introduction threads. If the introduction thread is more than a week old, please refrain from posting to it.

Hello from Davis county

Postby Kevo » Thu 11 May 2017 7:00 pm

Hi all. I lived in Utah several years ago when stationed at Hill AFB. Liked it here and decided to return in March after retiring from the USAF.

I have a AZ CCP and usually carry my Ruger LCP with me. I'd like to carry my full size S&W M&P 40 but it's a little big to conceal nicely. Been shopping for a Shield 40 or 45.

Found this site after googling if the SLC zoo allows firearms, the thread in the boycott area came up. (btw, to save you time :thumbsup: , they used to ban firearms but changed the policy and no longer ban them)
Kevo
Novice

Re: Hello from Davis county

Postby Snurd » Fri 12 May 2017 8:20 pm

:welcome: from SLC! :D
Snurd
Posse

Postby Cinhil » Fri 12 May 2017 10:20 pm

Kevo wrote:Hi all. I lived in Utah several years ago when stationed at Hill AFB. Liked it here and decided to return in March after retiring from the USAF.

I have a AZ CCP and usually carry my Ruger LCP with me. I'd like to carry my full size S&W M&P 40 but it's a little big to conceal nicely. Been shopping for a Shield 40 or 45.

Found this site after googling if the SLC zoo allows firearms, the thread in the boycott area came up. (btw, to save you time :thumbsup: , they used to ban firearms but changed the policy and no longer ban them)

Yes, I believe we were responsible for ensuring that the zoo come into compliance with state law. Welcome aboard and glad to have you!
What part of "Shall not be infringed" is not being abused today!

Even Knights had "Modern" weapons!

'Sed quis custodiet ipsos cutodes' ("Who watches the watchmen?”)."
Cinhil
Sniper

Postby Aad Geordie » Sat 13 May 2017 12:29 pm

Welcome, from Sandy, UT, to the forum Kevo. Great group of folks here!
Be sure to also check out the other local place—just substitute the word d e f e n s I v e in place of c o n c e a l e d in the Universal Resource Locator :D

Cheers,
Geoff
Aad Geordie
Marksman

Postby jfwright1955 » Tue 16 May 2017 7:18 am

Welcome to the UCC forum and from Marana, AZ (just moved from Farmington, UT).

Follow us over to the dark side of the moon (reference Pink Floyd fans will recognize) per Geoff's post.
John
NRA RSO
No one should make decisions for us when it comes to guns and gun carry. If we do things we're not comfortable with because someone told us it's 'right' it becomes a distraction in an event where clarity and simplicity is needed.
jfwright1955
Sniper

Postby dimeclub » Tue 16 May 2017 10:50 am

Welcome from Cache Valley!

-*-* Richard *-*-
Utah CFP Holder
FFL License Holder and Firearms Dealer
http://www.GunsOutWest.com
dimeclub
Novice

Return to Introduce Yourself