Utah Guns Forum banner

Introduction to avoid banishment

8K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  wilzd00d 
#1 ·
I was just going to lurk for awhile, then I read the rules. I don't do many forums lately. I'll play.

Anyway, exiii, shooting again after many years, spurred on by my military son, father and new 'No Firearms' signs at work. New handgun, newly-built AR ghost pistol, new concealed carry permit, and a couple new-again 22 rifles from my youth to share with my kids. Just starting to train for accuracy and speed with my handgun, and looking for good ways to carry concealed. Two Aliengear holsters - OWB and IWB. The IWB requires a jacket/sweatshirt to conceal. New custom kydex appendix holster on the way. Current handgun is a Sig Sauer SP2022. Very soon, I want something smaller that WILL NOT be seen unless I want it to be seen.

Hello.

#3 ·
Welcome from Farmington and to the UCC forum!

#5 · (Edited by Moderator)
Welcome aboard, exIII!!! Utah Concealed Carry is a great place to learn about all things gun-related, open carry, concealed carry, debate current gun issues, engage in rhetoric, general topics or general nonsense (though others will be quick to point it out), or just browse the topics and learn by observing. There is a wealth of information and a lot of training offered through certified instructors and/or links to reputable training groups. Enjoy!!!
:welcome:

img_banner-main.png

Join the NRA or renew your membership online and save $10.00
https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/signup.asp?campaignid=XI028543

Attachments

#6 ·
Welcome EXIII.

I have posted elsewhere regarding C/C procedures and how to practice, which I do in my own case.

Regarding where to C/C, I have found that none of the market solutions works very well so I came up with my own.

On a belt, you can carry at 12 oclock (aka Mexican carry) which is at your navel, or 1 to 2 oclock which is not very comfortable, or 3 oclock which is not very concealed, or 4 to 5 oclock which makes the firearm easy to steal, or 6 oclock (aka ******* carry).

I have noticed a lot of 6 oclock carries of mouse guns IWB (inside the waist band).

I use a shoulder holster. I put the shoulder holster over my undershirt, then put my over shirt over the holster, and keep the top 3 buttons unbuttoned on my shirt so I can reach in and grab the pistol.

Around the apartment when I go outside I wear a waist belt holster at 4 oclock under my sweatpants and under my sweatshirt.

Those are my own 2 choices.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.